Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed Empty
PostSubject: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 pm

J in FLA (Cocoa, FL)

Is Kahn / Bradley actually possible for the fall or is it just talk?

Dan Rafael
(12:08 PM)

Glad you asked. JUST got breaking news from the Bat Email. Gary Shaw said he spoke to Richard Schaefer last night about that exact fight for the fall. They talked over some ideas and possible financials from what Gary said.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 12:59 pm

I hope Khan fights an elite 140 pound fighter (Maidana, Bradley, Alexander), but I still believe he is going after Marquez if Marquez wins the Diaz rematch.

Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 4:52 pm

Bradley and Khan is a great fight if they can get it done.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:35 pm

Call me cynical but I don't see Khan getting in the ring with Bradley or Alexander later this year or early next year. My reasoning:
1-Golden Boy wants to do things in house only (same as Top Rank has been doing lately); so a Marquez fight or Maidana fight are the most likely
2-Roach has alot of influence as the trainer and I'm sure he'll be licking his chops at the opportunity to take on the smaller, older, Marquez, or Maidana, who can be outboxed.
3-Repeat number 1
4-Repeat number 1
5-Repeat number 1
6 thru Infinity-Repeat number 1
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 5:42 pm

Not bad points Captain.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:03 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Call me cynical but I don't see Khan getting in the ring with Bradley or Alexander later this year or early next year. My reasoning:
1-Golden Boy wants to do things in house only (same as Top Rank has been doing lately); so a Marquez fight or Maidana fight are the most likely
2-Roach has alot of influence as the trainer and I'm sure he'll be licking his chops at the opportunity to take on the smaller, older, Marquez, or Maidana, who can be outboxed.
3-Repeat number 1
4-Repeat number 1
5-Repeat number 1

I agree with points 3 and 5 %100.

Point 4 you are way off sir.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:14 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:15 pm

It is almost to the point that Golden boy and top rank would like to have their own defacto boxing leagues.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 6:17 pm

I think Khan uses his height and reach to keep Bradley on the outside and scores a UD win.
Back to top Go down
4445Frank
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptySun Jul 25, 2010 8:36 pm

I like Bradley in a fight against Khan. I can't get excited about his victory over Paul M. Paulie has no power. I think Bradley has enough combination skills and power to easily defeat Khan. If I was Roach, I'd look the other way. My take.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 3:41 am

captainanddew wrote:
3-Repeat number 1
4-Repeat number 1
5-Repeat number 1

I agree with #1, it's Golden Boy who are so eager to match Khan with JMM, however Amir and Freddie have repeatedly asked for Marcos Maidana.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 9:57 am

I prefer Khan to face Maidana. Sign that fight and the likelihood of Bradley vs. Alexander goes through the roof. The winners face next summer in a fight to crown the new champ at 140 and it would be a pretty big fight.

Marquez wants the fight at 140, for a couple of reasons: 1-money, 2-chase that 4th title. He and all the Mexican old timers can't resist reaching out for the Mexican holy grail.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:01 am

captainanddew wrote:
It is almost to the point that Golden boy and top rank would like to have their own defacto boxing leagues.

They could award their own 'championships', pay their fighters an unreasonably small percentage of PPV profits and be just like the UFC!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed   Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed Empty

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Timothy Bradley has been discussed
Page 1 of 1