Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History

Go down 
+10
corydd7
chorky777
OU
thessy11
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
Farmer1906
bobbitt15
jewzilla
Birdofthad
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:40 pm

I don't agree with Pulver either but the logic for listing him isn't any different than the logic for listing some of the others that are here. I like Jens and this is meant to make a point, not to discredit him, but since there's so much one-sided crap in this thread you could easily say Jens is famous for three decisions followed by nine year of getting his ass beat.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 12:29 am

thessy11 wrote:
I don't agree with Pulver either but the logic for listing him isn't any different than the logic for listing some of the others that are here. I like Jens and this is meant to make a point, not to discredit him, but since there's so much one-sided crap in this thread you could easily say Jens is famous for three decisions followed by nine year of getting his ass beat.

Or you could say he's famous for packing a hell of a punch and knocking plenty of guys out with a single left hook. What really ruined him were the losses to Mach and Gomi. Before that he was still a dangerous fighter but he never looked quite the same after those two fights.
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:41 am

I agree you could say that, but you could look at just the positive about anyone mentioned in this thread and make them sound pretty good. That's my point. This thread is largely people posting just the negative about people they don't like or just the positive to defend those they do. It's kind of pointless.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 11:37 pm

All guys deserve credit for becoming UFC Champions, but

1.) Menne - first guy I thought of
2.) Serra - all credit deserved for the upset of the decade, but he's stilll somewhere in the top 5 worst.
3.) Maurice Smith - second guy I thought of, not even sure he had a winning record when he won the Title, still props for beating Coleman.
4.) Carlos Newton
5.) Josh Barnett - always talked about how quality a fighter Josh is, guy still has all the tools to be a Champion now. But wins the Title, tests positive for PEDs, gets stripped....
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:44 am

just so ya know Smith was 3-7 when he won the title
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 3:52 am

Was thinking more like 4-5, but he went in and won always got to give him that.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:01 am

In fairness he had loss to Ken Shamrock, Bas Rutten (twice), Minori Suzuki (1-1) so he was fighting top fighters. and HE PULLED ANOTHER BIGGER UPSET. Marcus Silveria was the hyped Gracie product that could supposeldy punch. Smith knocked him out with one of the first head kicks (maybe the 1st) of american NHB.

I think Maurice proved his worth in his 3 fight win streak knocking out Silveira, beating Mark Coleman, and then defending against Tank Abbott.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:03 am

just looked he was 4-7
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 24, 2011 4:20 am

Well the thought was he'd get subbed easy and obviously wasn't tearing it up, but IDK about huge upset. He is what he is in the early era, but still amongst other Champs should be on the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History   The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The 5 Worst Champions in UFC History
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3