Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gracie vs Hughes 2?

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
killerofchicken
Ludo
Primetyme199
timthebim
Farmer1906
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

Gracie vs Hughes 2? Empty
PostSubject: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:34 pm

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/317592/Royce-UFC-Rio-fight-deal-should-be-finalized-in-two-weeks/

For anyone who saw the latest Inside MMA it sure sounds like Gracie wants another shot at Hughes. He never came out and said it, but everyone around him did and he seemed like he wanted it.

I personally don't have much interest in it. I feel like Hughes is going to finish out his contract and probably retire so I don't want one of his last fights to be a rematch vs an extremely over the hill Gracie again. We all saw how badly Hughes dominated Gravie in every aspect before so why again unless Dana just wants Gracie to get a beat down in Brasil.

If Gracie does fight I hope its on the prelim vs someone like Amir or Demarcus Johnson. They're decent (far from elite) & a big enough name because they put on good fights and were on TUF.

Last edited by Farmer1906 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 1:36 pm

WHY??? Gracie would get beat down again.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:06 pm

timthebim wrote:
WHY??? Gracie would get beat down again.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:11 pm

The fight just doesnt make alot of sense to but then again letting Royce fight again doesnt make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:15 pm

timthebim wrote:
The fight just doesnt make alot of sense to but then again letting Royce fight again doesnt make sense to me.

Its just to get a lengend another fight in the 'new' UFC.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Its just to get a lengend another fight in the 'new' UFC.

I guess I know why they are doing it but to see a legend get his ass kicked doesnt do a whole lot for me I guess.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:17 pm

It makes sense for them in Rio, bigger draw because of who he is.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:19 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
It makes sense for them in Rio, bigger draw because of who he is.

Yeah I understand that and really how can there be a fight in Rio without a gracie on there but against Hughes again???? Doesnt make sense at all to me.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I agree with you there tim, they need to give Gracie a can because that's the only way he'd win.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 2:52 pm

I say give him Jimmerson again.

Or if they want bring back memory's have him and Shamrock fight.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Shamrock won't ever fight in the UFC again. He was just in a lawsuit with them where he lost a lot of money. On principle alone I don't think he'd want to do it and I don't think they'd want to let him either.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Ludo wrote:
Shamrock won't ever fight in the UFC again. He was just in a lawsuit with them where he lost a lot of money. On principle alone I don't think he'd want to do it and I don't think they'd want to let him either.

Shamrock would do it for the payday but I dont think Dana would do it.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:12 pm

This is why I didn't want Gracie on the card in the first place... He'll get beat down and waste a spot on the card... Fuck that
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:14 pm

killerofchicken wrote:
This is why I didn't want Gracie on the card in the first place... He'll get beat down and waste a spot on the card... Fuck that

Yep.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Ludo wrote:

So was Couture and we see what happened there.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 4:38 pm

palm
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Is Gracie going to be a part of the PPV or pre-lims ?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:07 pm

Ali wrote:
Is Gracie going to be a part of the PPV or pre-lims ?

I bet they put him on the PPV.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

What would be the point of having Royce on the card if it's just the prelims? maybe for the live crowd but Royce has a huge following in the states and other countries as well.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Throw his ass on Facebook.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:34 pm

Hughes would decimate Royce. I agree with Prime in that Shamrock makes more sense. If that can't be made then how about-

Royce Gracie vs Pat Miletich
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:39 pm

I think u have to put him in there against some1 that wont hurt him and gives him alittle chance to win so maybe some1 like a top 15-20 ranked contender.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:43 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
What would be the point of having Royce on the card if it's just the prelims? maybe for the live crowd but Royce has a huge following in the states and other countries as well.

He does?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

He does?

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 5:56 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

To please the Brazilian crowd.

I really can't see alot of fans being upset if Gracie was left off the PPV. He's 44 and hasn't fought since 2007.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gracie vs Hughes 2?   Gracie vs Hughes 2? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gracie vs Hughes 2?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next