Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts Empty
PostSubject: Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts   Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 2:26 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/7/30/3201894/strikeforce-tim-kennedy-vs-roger-gracie-mma-news

There had been a few rumors flying around Tim Kennedy since his decision loss to Luke Rockhold earlier this month. It was possible he was going to return to active duty military service, or even drop to 170. Neither appear to be the case, if you read between the lines on his twitter account. Last week he tweeted about a possible bout with grappling phenom Roger Gracie:

Tim Kennedy

@TimKennedyMMA

I read @cokersf said @rogergracie was the best grappler in @Strikeforce . I would love to prove that is not the case.
24 Jul 12

Gracie responded to the "challenge" via an interview with Tatame:

He can say whatever he wants. He can be good on the ground, but technically I'm much better. In a Jiu-Jitsu match, he probably wouldn't have a chance against me," Roger told TATAME about the challenge.

"In a MMA fight, we can't say. In my last fight, my opponent (Keith Jardine) was far away from being a black belt and I couldn't submit him".

Roger, who defeated Jardine in his middleweight debut, is open to fight anyone next, including Kennedy.

"I guess it can be an interesting fight. Anyone in Strikeforce would do an interesting fight with me".

Strikeforce is actually in a decent situation right now with their middleweight division, and this matchup sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I highly doubt that Kennedy is any threat to Gracie on the ground, but the tweet did it's job I guess.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts   Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 3:43 pm

rip roger
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts   Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 4:43 pm

Gracie > Kennedy BJJ

Kennedy > Gracie MMA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts   Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Kennedy Challenges Roger Gracie, Gracie Accepts
Page 1 of 1