Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131

Go down 
+6
Andrew the Raider King
timthebim
LA
Jamal
killerofchicken
OU
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 Empty
PostSubject: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/22536/kenny-florian-vs-diego-nunes-in-the-works-for-ufc-131-in-vancouver.mma
After dropping hints of a possible move to 145 pounds, two-time
lightweight title challenger Kenny Florian (14-5 MMA, 11-4 UFC) erased
all doubts.

On the latest edition of ESPN's "MMA Live" series, Florian announced
he'll meet Brazilian featherweight Diego Nunes (16-1 MMA, 1-0 UFC) at
June's UFC 131 event.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:21 am

great fight.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:24 am

I was just abou to make a thread about this, agree it's a great fight but one I think Kenny should Win
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:27 am

killerofchicken wrote:
I was just abou to make a thread about this, agree it's a great fight but one I think Kenny should Win

Yeah he was one of the names kicked around on here after he said he was dropping to FW. It's going to be a tough fight right away for Kenny, hope he handles the cut well.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

Nunes is a heck of a fighter tho, Itll be a verytough fight
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:11 am

UFC 131 so far
Junior dos Santos vs. Brock Lesnar
Shane Carwin vs. TBA
Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes
Rob Broughton vs. Dave Herman
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Florian will win if he doesn't faint from starving himself.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:57 am

Good first fight, Nunes is no walk over here, talented top 10 FW.

This card is looking nice

UFC 131 so far
Junior dos Santos vs. Brock Lesnar
Shane Carwin vs. TBA
Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes
Rob Broughton vs. Dave Herman
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:21 pm

OU wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:

Yeah he was one of the names kicked around on here after he said he was dropping to FW. It's going to be a tough fight right away for Kenny, hope he handles the cut well.

Thats what I want to see how he handles the cut.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:38 am

Not sure if people realize but this will be the 4th different weight class that Kenny has fought at in the UFC. He fought Diego at MW in TUF finale, then fought 2 fights in the UFC at WW before dropping down to LW. Now making his FW debut. Kind of crazy.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:36 pm

I am sure Kenny did some practice cuts and knows what he can and can't do. He will probably be one of the strongest FWs around, speed is where he is hurting.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
I am sure Kenny did some practice cuts and knows what he can and can't do. He will probably be one of the strongest FWs around, speed is where he is hurting.

No I don't think so, from this latest quote he is just trusting the people around him. He said before he talked to doctors and other people to see if he could safely make the cut.
http://www.mmamania.com/2011/2/20/2004684/can-kenny-florian-be-a-contender-at-his-new-weight-class-of-145-pounds
Quote :
"It's hard to predict any of that because I've never been at 145. All things considered, I think I'll be able to do it right. I trust in the people that are around me. I think I'll be able to do it without any problems. You never know. Anytime you're going into unknown territory, you have to plan for a lot of variables. These are things I'm not familiar with, but I'm confident that I'll be fine on fight night and I'll be able to perform to the best of my ability. ... I think 155 is the deepest weight division in the world, 145 is going to be tough with different challenges with fast, speedy guys and very active fights. I feel blessed that I've had the opportunity to face a lot of great guys in different divisions. This is another great challenge."
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 1:52 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
you don't just practice cutting weight, that puts too much stress on the body
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:17 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/28/2140460/when-questioned-by-florian-on-mma-live-regarding-a-shot-at-the-winner
"When questioned by Florian on MMA Live regarding a shot at the winner of this weekend's FW title fight Dana White stated that a victory over Diego Nunes would "probably" earn Florian his third UFC title shot."

Makes me want to puke. Kenny has enough gifts from the UFC. I'm really pulling for Nunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:29 am

OU wrote:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/4/28/2140460/when-questioned-by-florian-on-mma-live-regarding-a-shot-at-the-winner
"When questioned by Florian on MMA Live regarding a shot at the winner of this weekend's FW title fight Dana White stated that a victory over Diego Nunes would "probably" earn Florian his third UFC title shot."

Makes me want to puke. Kenny has enough gifts from the UFC. I'm really pulling for Nunes.

Why? besides Aldo he is clearly the best FW in the UFC and this fight would make Aldo into a bigger star.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:41 am

freakzilla wrote:
OU wrote:

Why? besides Aldo he is clearly the best FW in the UFC and this fight would make Aldo into a bigger star.

How can he be clearly the 2nd best FW in the UFC when we have never seen him fight at FW? We can't just assume Kenny will handle that cut well(it will be a decent cut) and come out an elite FW. You are assuming he is #2 in a division you admit to not know much about. Ignorant statement freak, atleast let him win a fight at that weight class before you call him #2 in the UFC.
Kenny has lost every big fight he has ever been in. It's a fucking joke how many chances Kenny gets.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:46 am

I'm thinking Tyson Griffin will be a better FW then Kenny. I wouldn't mind the winner of this fight taking on the winner of Manny vs Tyson or Chad Mendes for a title shot.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:48 am

How is a guy who has never fought at FW, clearly the best FW in the division after Aldo? It's been 13 months since Kenny even won a fight. He was bottom end top 10 before he announced his move out of the LW division. Chad Mendez is the clear cut #1 contender and he would likely wreck Kenny for as long as he liked. If he is not the next challenger for the FW title... well, that's how the show works.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:14 pm

The FW division is so bare that Florian would only have to be at 75% of what he was at LW and he'd still be the 2nd best FW in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:18 pm

freakzilla wrote:
The FW division is so bare that Florian would only have to be at 75% of what he was at LW and he'd still be the 2nd best FW in the UFC.

You have an ignorant hate for the FW division.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:24 pm

I don't hate it. I just think it has no depth. The BW division is so much deeper.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:27 pm

freakzilla wrote:
I don't hate it. I just think it has no depth. The BW division is so much deeper.

You sell the FW far short and give Kenny WAYYY too much love based on assumptions. I don't think you really have a good grasp on the FW division. Like G said, Mendes would probably beat Kenny 30-27 and he would do it 9 times out of 10.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:33 pm

When Manny is a top 5 FW in the world I know all I need to know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm

Florian is a name, he'll help give Aldo more exposure.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:41 pm

freakzilla wrote:
When Manny is a top 5 FW in the world I know all I need to know.

You obviously need to learn more. You act like it's Jose Aldo and 10 other rejects that make up the FW division. There are some talented fighters at FW and it's getting better by the second. You treat it like an inferior weight class that is 1 step above amamateurs and that's just not the case. Watch more FW fights and you won't have a choice but respect it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131   Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kenny Florian vs. Diego Nunes in the works for UFC 131
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next