Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FW and BW divisions:

Go down 
+4
Jamal
timthebim
Birdofthad
LA
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

FW and BW divisions: Empty
PostSubject: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:35 pm

It's early in the year so no reason to overreact at this moment, but I'm curious going forward if more FW and BW fights will make the main cards. Some great fighs in those divisions have been buried (bit strong) on the under cards thus far. I'd hope they'd eventually integrate those divisions into more and more main card fights, or do events where the FW and BW divisions are on display.

Last edited by LA on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:38 pm

I think FW and BW is sadly relegated to the undercard except for the big time matches
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
I think FW and BW is sadly relegated to the undercard except for the big time matches

Probably just title matches.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't think it'll stay that way though, a lot of quality matches would be missed out on.

The UFC needs to figure out a way to televise complete under cards whether on Spike, Vs., or UFC.com.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:44 pm

remember the lightweight division when it had no champ?

Lightweights either started the main portion of the live card or where normally on the undercanrd, I think thats hwats gonna happen with FW and BW division, a bunch of Pham vs Garcia type bouts starting the shows
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:49 pm

These divisions are already established, LW ws trying to reestablish itself, I say give it time, but for instance Kid vs Mighty mouse should be on the main card.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:50 pm

And I agree, you'll see those guys in first bouts of the night a lot.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:52 pm

i completely agree about Kid vs Mighty Mouse being main card worthy, see I think Dana and them will try to reestablish the FW and BW division as UFC mainstays, most UFC fans probably didnt even know about WEC so i think this is going to take a while.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 7:56 pm

Jose Aldo, Urijah Faber, Dominick Cruz, Miguel Torres, Brian Bowles and the Japanese guys they bought should be on the main card whenever they fight.
Back to top Go down
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:04 pm

Except for top three guys in each division I think it will take a bit for mainstream fans to get into the little guys but in two year i think they will be fine.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:33 pm

I agree cory
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 10:01 pm

I've voiced these concerns elsewhere in fanposts at BE and MMAjunkie. I fear the WEC merger will be awful for me and all the rest of us WEC loyalists.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 11:23 pm

LA wrote:
I don't think it'll stay that way though, a lot of quality matches would be missed out on.

The UFC needs to figure out a way to televise complete under cards whether on Spike, Vs., or UFC.com.

Bottom line is the key
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:39 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
LA wrote:

Bottom line is the key

yup as long as the fights are televised I care not where they are on the card.

But if worthwhile fw fights are relegated to non-tv, then see wolf's post above.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 3:53 am

Give it time, they'll figure it out I'm sure, these are probably amazing for those going live.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FW and BW divisions:   FW and BW divisions: Empty

Back to top Go down

FW and BW divisions:
Page 1 of 1