Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?

Go down 
+5
OU
Ninja
Ziggy116
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? Empty
PostSubject: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:43 am

Mike Brown
Urijah Faber
Eddie Wineland
Miguel Torres
Brian Bowles
Cole Escovedo
Chase Beebe
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:45 am

Urijah Faber
Brian Bowles

No to the rest.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:14 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Mike Brown
Urijah Faber
Eddie Wineland
Miguel Torres
Brian Bowles

Cole Escovedo
Chase Beebe

All of these guys are in positions to earn title-shots again.

Brown just rebounded from his loss to Manny with yet another impressive first round squashing of a solid FW. If Aldo leaves the division things are wide open. He has a legitimate punchers chance against anyone, including Aldo and crushes anything not elite. He doesn't have age and fight wear on his side though.

Torres looked good in his last outing and is at most two fights away, maybe one fight away from being in the position to fight for the title. I think a Cruz Torres fight has a lot of potential. I don't think he has declined as a fighter and I think he still has the tools to be dangerous. I don't know that he is as durable as he once seemed.

Bowles hasn't even peaked as a fighter yet and has exceptionally heavy hands for the division that make him supremely dangerous. Unlike Benavidez, Bowles isn't at a reach disadvantage. His chances in a rematch are still solid.

Wineland, for his part, was the first WEC BW champion, who actually defended his belt from solid contender Antonio Banuelos, and has won his last three WEC fights. He's only 26 and is still improving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:51 am

I think Tyson Griffin will come down and he and Manny would both beat MTB. I think Urijah, Bowles and Cruz will beat anyone else at Bantamweight.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:19 am

I'd pick Faber or Bowles to beat Cruz. Don't think much of the rest
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 am

bobbitt15 wrote:

I agree with that except I still like Torres to compete.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:43 am

Torres is not beating Bowles, Jorgensen, Cruz, Faber, or Benavidez
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:39 pm

Miguel Torres maybe written off too much? I criticized him and his record as much as anyone but he still has a lot of tools.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:41 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Miguel Torres maybe written off too much? I criticized him and his record as much as anyone but he still has a lot of tools.

I still love Torres. Still one of my favorite fighters....but then ago so is Chuck. I'm loyal to a fault.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:42 pm

I agree with Wolf, cant write off Torres, too much skill there to dismiss

Faber and Bowles
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:45 pm

There isn't a huge amount of stratification at BW. I think there are a lot of guys who could win the title there. Apart from Aldo, FW is the same way.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 12:52 pm

Faber and Bowles //
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:01 pm

Has anyone seen Eddie Wineland fight enough to write off his chances? He looked good the last time out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

+1
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:47 pm

Interesting topic, interesting with the names selected. Just shows the no love WEC LWs were getting.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:49 pm

I think Wolf was just asking about the new divisions when they were being added, not the LWs moving over

Lol, funny I said I would take Faber and Bowles to beat Cruz and then was 100% confident in my Cruz pick by the time that fight rolled around
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:51 pm

Bowels still looks strong though when his hands are healthy. I hope that fight gets going without a hitch.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:59 pm

Cruz would confound the shit out of Bowles again. Even if he hadn't broken his hand he was losing that fight prior to ie being stopped and there were no signs that he would have fared any better.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Ludo wrote:
Cruz would confound the shit out of Bowles again. Even if he hadn't broken his hand he was losing that fight prior to ie being stopped and there were no signs that he would have fared any better.
I kind of agree, Cruz is just too elusive for him. However I think Bowles has the power to turn out the lights, so that always gives you a punchers chance.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 4:14 pm

I guess. But Cruz has proven so difficult to touch at all, let alone land a big shot on. Faber is the only one who's been able to land with any kind of real success and even he got the worse of it more often than not. Cruz has a unique skillset of being incredibly fast, a cardio freak, and very unorthodox with the wrestling ability to match anyone in the division.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?   Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which former WEC champions are likely be UFC champion in the new divisions?
Page 1 of 1