Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)

Go down 
+6
MikeyLikesIt
SOKO
captain organic
bobbitt15
thome_nerko
Farmer1906
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) Empty
PostSubject: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:02 pm

GSP vs Shields!

Just got off the phone with Shields!!!!

GREAT NEWS for all MMA fans and Shields haters a like........

You may finally get your answer to Who would win? GSP or Shields (GSP's "dream fight")

Jake only has 1-2 more fights on his contract (he has the option to opt out of the Strikeforce contract after his next fight if he vacates the title) and was contacted tonight by Joe Silva and Dana White about if he would be willing to Coach TUF season 12 opposite GSP. Where they could promote a World Champ vs World Champ fight at the end of the TUF 12 season.

Jake said they have not discussed specifics yet but the UFC brass wanted to know if it would be something that could actually be worked out. And if Jake could and would be willing.

And Jake let them know that it is something he would be able to do and that he is "very interested" if a deal can be reached.

AWESOME POTENTIAL NEWS and its about time Jake got a chance to shut all of the Shields haters up........Or get shut the fuck up himself!!!!

Either way, this is something he will, "move heaven and earth to get this lined up, if thats the direction the UFC is willing to take." He also told me that GSP is the one asking for this.

FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAR SHIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-OMA (tm)

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum.clickthrough&return=go%3Dforum%2Eposts%26thread%3D1554876%26forum%3D1%26page%3D1%26pc%3D127
Back to top Go down
thome_nerko
White Belt
White Belt
thome_nerko

Favorite Fighter(s) : Your Mom

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:13 pm

I would love to see the fight....GSP will stuff Shield's takedowns and pick him apart on the feet....then he will eventually take Jake down and finish him. I can't see it going much differently.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:14 pm

thome_nerko wrote:
I would love to see the fight....GSP will stuff Shield's takedowns and pick him apart on the feet....then he will eventually take Jake down and finish him. I can't see it going much differently.

Yeah but thats pretty much true for any GSP fight at WW
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 12:15 pm

Shields would get his ass kicked but interesting idea
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 1:49 pm

would be a blow to SF, but how much is the UFC going to pay a guy who will get his ass kicked by GSP and then thrown onto the heap of not quite contendors at 170?
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:11 pm

sound good I want to see jake vs diaz in strikeforce first.
Back to top Go down
MikeyLikesIt
White Belt
White Belt

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 3:33 pm

If that happened that should be the last fight for GSP at WW.
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:04 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
sound good I want to see jake vs diaz in strikeforce first.

would be fun like jardine vs evans

but wont happen since they camp together
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:17 pm

1. Strikeforce has Shields under contract for more fights
2. Strikeforce would not release Shields after winning the title, even if he asked
3. UFC would not put him in an immediate match or TuF with GSP
4. No credible source has reported this except this OMG OMG character who sounds like he's talking out his ass
5. It's bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:21 pm

I'm with KingsOwn here, surely Strikeforce has a champion clause that would keep Shields under their banner while he remains champ.

But yeah, if this happens it will be a fun beat down to watch. Shields has nothing for GSP. The wrestling GSP brings would negate any BJJ Shields brings.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:30 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
I'm with KingsOwn here, surely Strikeforce has a champion clause that would keep Shields under their banner while he remains champ.

But yeah, if this happens it will be a fun beat down to watch. Shields has nothing for GSP. The wrestling GSP brings would negate any BJJ Shields brings.

I remember hearing the recent contract Overeem signed has a champions clause, i'm not so sure with Shields but even if he does not have the clause there was an interview about a month ago where he said he still had a few fights with Strikeforce, since then he has only had the Mayhem fight. Coker was also talking about potential matchups for Shields at the press conference.

Also, the whole Shields/GSP thing is illogical. UFC would have Shields start in the Koscheck, Fitch territory and win a big fight or two before he fights GSP. It's not like we are talking about a Fedor or Aoki type of fighter who would deserve an immediate shot, especially considering WW is stacked with guys and there is also a few guys who would be a tough matchup for Jake even before he got to GSP.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 4:53 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

I remember hearing the recent contract Overeem signed has a champions clause, i'm not so sure with Shields but even if he does not have the clause there was an interview about a month ago where he said he still had a few fights with Strikeforce, since then he has only had the Mayhem fight. Coker was also talking about potential matchups for Shields at the press conference.

Also, the whole Shields/GSP thing is illogical. UFC would have Shields start in the Koscheck, Fitch territory and win a big fight or two before he fights GSP. It's not like we are talking about a Fedor or Aoki type of fighter who would deserve an immediate shot, especially considering WW is stacked with guys and there is also a few guys who would be a tough matchup for Jake even before he got to GSP.

Disagree. At this point GSP has beaten everyone who is anyone in the UFC except for Hardy (is he really a someone?) and Rumble (again still not quite proven). But if Shields continues to be watched on CBS. It'll pretty easy to hype him & build him up especially if he does a season of TUF.

But like I said RUMOR. Not fact. Not a legit source. And even if it was a legit source their wrong most the time anyway.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2009 7:50 pm

6. There is no way the UFC would legitimize a "small little rinky dink regional promotion" by marketing one of it's fighters as "world champion". Strikeforce would gladly give them Jake Shields for life in return for that type of legitimacy.

7. This is the dumbest shit I have ever read.

8. OMG Assassin's Creed II kicks ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)   TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor) Empty

Back to top Go down

TUF 12: Champion vs Champion (rumor)
Page 1 of 1