Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**

Go down 
+9
timthebim
LA
Jamal
Andrew the Raider King
bobbitt15
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
KingsOwn19
Ninja
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** Empty
PostSubject: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:00 am

Maynard should get an instant rematch.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:01 am

Agreed. Even though i would have said screw pettis even if Edgar or Maynard won big.

He does not deserve a shot.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:03 am

hhaha will be interesting to see what happens

if Pettis does in fact get the shot and BJ stays out of LW I say Maynard and Hendo fight for number 1 contender
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:16 am

mufucka records a top ten ESPN highlight of the year in the 5th round in an all even fight and he's still on the backburner? Dag...
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:19 am

Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** Dustin-hazelett1EFFECT
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:29 am

Pettis is legit, sorry.

Further, because no one decided to win in the last round of a title fight is a fucked up way to penalize the most clutch fifth round move of all time. Pettis went for broke in the last round. Maynard and Gray fought to a stalemate. Pettis vs Edgar with a guaranteed shot for Maynard.

Aussie George - assfucked again.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:31 am

Sounds like Pettis is getting the shot still. I'm fine either way
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:33 am

i agree wolf
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:35 am

All i was impressed with was the kick. Other than that, he fought a competitive fight against a guy i was not sure would be a contender in the UFC anyway.

Thats why..Hazelett effect. Edgar should debunk him. If not...i'm not afraid to be wrong. Look at my pick em's for the night.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:44 am

No they promised it to the WEC Champion and we will see how it goes. Maynard should gatekeep for the next shot at the title and we will see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 2:49 am

Edgar vs Pettis- Unification Bout
Maynard vs Sherk/Dunham- For next title shot
Aussie George vs Miller- For title shot after that
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:37 am

Dana said Maynard will receive an instant rematch
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:45 am

Good.

Maybe in the meantime Pettis can actually prove himself worthy of a UFC title shot like Gray Maynard had to. Sherk, Miller, Guida or Florian. Bring it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 am

Pettis was fully deserving before tonight especially with the merger, or because of, but after tonight Gray should get an immediate rematch.

Stop with the Pettis/Hazelett comparisons, Pettis is soo much more complete as a fighter, the kick added to his rep, it didn't create it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 4:56 am

They promised Pettis a fight between the winner of Maynard and Edgar. So this isn't going back on their word because the winner hasn't been determined.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:04 am

In the post fight conference they said Edgar vs Pettis will be next.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 am

Sorry guys. I'm not trying to say Pettis is a Hazelett level fighter or he's not good or skilled. I just look at his resume and i don't see leapfrog over guys who have been getting it done in the UFC. I think the kick has a lot to do about the nut bust over this guy, i just don't see what else about the fight with Henderson that would make anybody think he was worthy to leapfrog all these guys. I don't feel i'm being unreasonable to suggest he should have to fight somebody like Sherk or at the very least Guida to get a shot at the belt. I don't give a fuck if they promised the winner a shot because they should not have, and that is something everybody agreed with..before the kick.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 5:10 am

Jamal wrote:
In the post fight conference they said Edgar vs Pettis will be next.

Well Dana just came over the top of that shit
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 9:58 am

Pettis vs Guida would be a good test for him.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:31 am

LA wrote:
Pettis was fully deserving before tonight especially with the merger, or because of, but after tonight Gray should get an immediate rematch.

Stop with the Pettis/Hazelett comparisons, Pettis is soo much more complete as a fighter, the kick added to his rep, it didn't create it.

+1.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 11:33 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Sorry guys. I'm not trying to say Pettis is a Hazelett level fighter or he's not good or skilled. I just look at his resume and i don't see leapfrog over guys who have been getting it done in the UFC. I think the kick has a lot to do about the nut bust over this guy, i just don't see what else about the fight with Henderson that would make anybody think he was worthy to leapfrog all these guys. I don't feel i'm being unreasonable to suggest he should have to fight somebody like Sherk or at the very least Guida to get a shot at the belt. I don't give a fuck if they promised the winner a shot because they should not have, and that is something everybody agreed with..before the kick.

Who is he leapfrogging exactly? George? That dude has hardly cemented his status as the #1 contendor.

I thought Pettis showed a champions credentials in the Bendo fight, even b4 the kick. He could beat Edgar.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 pm

Nothing better to advertise than a title vs title match. Have Gray fight Aussie George for the winner of Edgar/Pettis.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:20 pm

Aussie George could submit Maynard. Frankie was giving him trouble with the guillotine.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:21 pm

Jamal wrote:
Aussie George could submit Maynard. Frankie was giving him trouble with the guillotine.

He will sub him if they are in that position. I think it would be a great fight. They should make it happen.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** EmptySun Jan 02, 2011 1:25 pm

Well it's already confirmed that the Maynard vs Edgar rematch is happening. Pettis was given the option of either waiting on the sidelines or fighting.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**   Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch** Empty

Back to top Go down

Screw Pettis **Maynard will get the rematch**
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next