Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare

Go down 
+3
Birdofthad
killerofchicken
Ninja
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare Empty
PostSubject: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:28 am

Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:42 am

Smart move by Lashley, he would have gotten murdered!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:47 am

definitely wasnt enough time if you havent been in the gym, I think Lashley is smart to do this but I have doubts he would even take the fight with 4 months to prepare
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:47 am

haha, you're probably right Birdman
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:45 am

If Lashley loses, he was supposed to, but if he won the Dream title off Alistair Overeem...He'd wind up, deservedly so, in the top ten.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 4:48 am

over under of that happening?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:01 am

Low, but he has potent GnP and a good takedown. Maybe Overeem blocks it and destroys his orbital bone, or maybe Lashley gets the shot and lands the big punch. 10-20% it happens. Worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:28 am

A loss to Chad Griggs to a win over Overeem and into the top 10? Not sure I'm buying that. A hypothetical win over Reem by Lashley to me, would say more about Reem then it would about Lashley, not that I'd believe it would happen anyways.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:33 am

LA wrote:
A loss to Chad Griggs to a win over Overeem and into the top 10? Not sure I'm buying that. A hypothetical win over Reem by Lashley to me, would say more about Reem then it would about Lashley, not that I'd believe it would happen anyways.

Not all W's and L's are created equal, and I think his record is on bums, Griggs is 9-1. A win over the second best HW outside of the UFC and a top five guy gets you in the top ten.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:40 am

Not in my book, Reem's HW resume is still iffy, what are we talking here best HW wins over Buentello and Rogers? (who never belonged in the top 10 in the first place). A loss to Lashley who lost to a can in Griggs, let be real here, would say more to me about Reem as a HW then it would Lashley as a HW. Struggling against Jason Guida and losing to Griggs would be far too much to overcome in the rankings.

But like I said, I certainly don't think this would happen, Lashley is garbage.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:47 am

LA wrote:
Not in my book, Reem's HW resume is still iffy, what are we talking here best HW wins over Buentello and Rogers? (who never belonged in the top 10 in the first place). A loss to Lashley who lost to a can in Griggs, let be real here, would say more to me about Reem as a HW then it would Lashley as a HW. Struggling against Jason Guida and losing to Griggs would be far too much to overcome in the rankings.

But like I said, I certainly don't think this would happen, Lashley is garbage.

Reem would certainly take a huge hit MMAwise but he's proven himself in K1 as one of the absolute best there already. He mugged Remy and got fucked out of that decision, beat Aerts twice, KO'd Hari, won the K1 title.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:49 am

MMA
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 5:56 am

There is some transference though in credibility to his status as a fighter from K-1 to MMA. Overeem won the ADCC European qualifiers in 2005 btw. In 45 MMA fights he has been sub'd twice, but has 19 submissions(a few to strikes) including one over a Brazilian blackbelt in Vitor Belfort. More subs than KO's total. His first martial art was actually Judo and he still retains his skills as anyone who has seen him toss opponents around in K1, or in Strikeforce can tell you.

So I doubt there is much Lashley can do. But if he did overcome everything and beat Overeem, top ten.

I've slowly come around on Overeem. Can't say I view him as a paper tiger or journeyman anymore.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 6:15 am

Not sure why the stats and resume post, but nothing knew to me. I simply posted MMA as opposed to what he's done in K-1, I consider mostly his MMA resume when thinking of him as an MMA fighter. If we're just talking Reem, yeah I've come around on him and consider him very legit HW thinking potential. I'd have him over a lot of over HWs, but if he were to lose at HW to Lashley...then I'd have to question a lot of things especially with his resume as a HW really just including wins over Buentello and Rogers (yeah...Cop). Considering I think Lashley is shit, then Reem losing to him really kills my opinion on Reem instead of increasing my oopion on Lashley.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 7:20 pm

Hard for me to criticize because who knows what kind of shape he's in but its not like he's going to want to stand with Reem for 2 seconds no matter how much time he has. The gameplan would always be the same so why not take the shot? He would be given like a 5% chance at best by MMA fans
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Im with LA on this one.

1)highly doubtful that Lashley could beat Reem

2)If he did it does not land him in the top 10.

Though it would have me reconsidering another of LA's assertions that I currently agree with, that being "lashely is garbage."

But Wolf is right in saying Lashley should have taken the fight, nothing to lose(aside from the balanced proportions of his face) in this one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare   Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare Empty

Back to top Go down

Bobby Lashley turns down the chance to fight Alistair Overeem, says there wasn’t enough time to prepare
Page 1 of 1