Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario

Go down 
+7
KingsOwn19
oggy420
Wolfgangsta
SOKO
Ninja
OU
Primetyme199
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario Empty
PostSubject: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:45 am

The much rumoured fight between TNA superstar, Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario on January 30th has reportedly been scrapped by the Strikeforce promotion in the past few days, although Lashely at least is expected to remain on the card.

According to a report by FiveOunces OfPain.com both sides had agreed to the bout in principle but the promotion decided against it at a later date. Del Rosario himself explained:

“They asked me if I wanted to do it and I said, ‘Yeah, let’s do it for sure’. Then they’re like, “Alright, well we’ll get back to you”, and they got back to me and it was a no. But it did seem like it was going to happen at first so I was really excited. But I kind of had it in the back of my mind that it wasn’t really a good decision for his camp. They said that he already said yes and they said, “Well it’s up to you”, so we were like, ‘Alright, let’s do this!’. I don’t know if they didn’t really expect for us to say that, but you know, whatever. He’s a very athletic guy, so I’m sure if he’s doing well we might meet again some other time.”

Lashley is still expected to make his Strikeforce debut on the “Miami” card at the end of the month with his opponent set to be announced any day now. As for Del Rosario, he could next compete in March against fellow heavy hitter, Lavar Johnson.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 12:00 pm

call up Mercer, give him Bobby.
Back to top Go down
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 4:43 pm

I expected this. Del Rosario could easily kill the Lashley hype train.
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Ninja\Rua/Fan wrote:
I expected this. Del Rosario could easily kill the Lashley hype train.

Thats what its all about they will throw him a can first del rosario can bang
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:26 pm

But in all honesty, Del Rosario has questions surrounding his wrestling and Lashley is basically a Carwin, Cain, Lesnar just where they were in 2008.

And well, not to toot me own horn, but I said four or less of those six fights from a week ago go down like they were reported. This makes four. Over book your cards my friends.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Nick Diaz vs Marius Zaromskis
Cyborg vs Coenen
Robbie Lawler vs Melvin Manhoef
Herschel Walker vs TBA
Bobbt Lashley vs TBA
thats 5 there plus Riggs vs Hieron makes 6
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 pm

I was picking Lashley to win the fight but it was interesting.

Hopefully the replace del Rosario with somebody as good or better. I think Lashleys past the over 40, last relevant in the 90's matchups.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
But in all honesty, Del Rosario has questions surrounding his wrestling and Lashley is basically a Carwin, Cain, Lesnar just where they were in 2008.

And well, not to toot me own horn, but I said four or less of those six fights from a week ago go down like they were reported. This makes four. Over book your cards my friends.

Those fighters sure struggled with the Jason Guida's of the World, please Wolfy
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:

Those fighters sure struggled with the Jason Guida's of the World, please Wolfy

Carwin, Cain, & Lesnar as all pretty different fighters that keep getting grouped together.

I agree LA, none would have struggled with Guida.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:15 pm

That's a good point LA, but Guida has shown signs of decent skill periodically, and...

oh fuck it. Still, Lashley is a big, old, inexperienced wrestler who won on some level in college. I still don't see him that different than the other big wrestler dudes. In two or three years I believe all but Cain's better days will already be behind them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:21 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That's a good point LA, but Guida has shown signs of decent skill periodically, and...

oh fuck it. Still, Lashley is a big, old, inexperienced wrestler who won on some level in college. I still don't see him that different than the other big wrestler dudes. In two or three years I believe all but Cain's better days will already be behind them anyway.

Well that is easy to say since he is the youngest. Cain is the smallest so he'll never have what Carwin & Brock have. Carwin's wrestling isn't anything special. He gets by one his size, strength, and power. Brock is the total package before the injury though.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Ur just a hater bro, Lashley is nothing compared to those 3 guys
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:31 pm

Can we really say that after a hand full of fights by any of these clowns? Rampage lost to Marvin Eastman early in his career.

The only total package about Brock was the package tatt'd on his roid chest.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:34 pm

Saddest thing is, I know, u know Brock is legit, but u have to keep up ur persona so....
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:37 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Saddest thing is, I know, u know Brock is legit, but u have to keep up ur persona so....

+1

He's outstruck, outwrestled and dominated Couture, Mir, and Herring. I think it's clear he's something special.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:43 pm

I am fucking shocked people think a guy with such a weak mentality and big muscles is better than trained, skilled fighters. Sure Brock is "legit", but this unbeatable wrecking machine superhero you faggots keep making him? You're smarter than that. You ain't twelve dude. Grow the fuck up, jesus. He's a HW. One overhand right from a dozen fighters on the UFC roster and all that changes.

Smart money on Brock before the injury, and what I've always said is ; He is still untested and has more questions surrounding him than answers. Given the nature of the sport based on it's entire history, it is highly unlikely he is unbeatable.

Everyone else ; Brock has superpowers, is unbeatable, can't be rocked, takendown, has arms and a neck literally too think to be choked or sub'd, and is the worlds fastest learner of martial arts.

I don't know why I am in yet another fucking argument about Brock Lesnar and any of these other untested up and comers.

Why don't we just call eachother names and accuse people of personas in an argument over who would win between Bones, Mo Lawal and Ryan Bader or some other impressive young fighters that we have no real idea how good they might end up being?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

+1

He's outstruck, outwrestled and dominated Couture, Mir, and Herring. I think it's clear he's something special.

Shit, Brandon Vera is one ass beating of Herring away from all time GOAT status isn't he?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
tolivendiewithLA wrote:

+1

Shit, Brandon Vera is one ass beating of Herring away from all time GOAT status isn't he?

No Vera lost to Couture. You fail, again.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:52 pm

I wish I could find it, tried looking for it but the threads cut off after like 40, but I remember it well, Wolfy said something along the line of how he was a bit worried of a potential Brock vs. Fedor matchup after Brock destroyed Mir.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:58 pm

I said Brock might be able to pin Fedor against the cage, and I still believe that, but less so now that he is gaining cage experience. Someone like Carwin could do that to him as well.

Vera barely lost the wrestling with Couture, but he out struck him yes? Most people agree he got robbed in that fight. And since out striking Couture and Mir is all it takes to be the best of all time, well, shit!

Plus, it was a half ass joke anyway.

Sometimes I think you guys play up Brock to get people like me going.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:00 am

You think Mir from a few years back is the same Mir today. You always have such selective memory.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:01 am

No, because even fighters think Brock is legit, there's only a couple morons left that try to deny it.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 am

Fighters get punched in the head for a living.

Brock is "legit" in the same sense Carwin, Duffee, JDS, Rogers and other recent additions to the HW ranks are, I agree, but unbeatable, the best in the world? How on Earth could anyone believe that based on anything other than speculation that his size negates everyone elses skill. I am sorry if I don't buy into that stupid fucking shit. Again, not twelve, and don't believe in super powers.

I have had this argument enough times in my life to never have it again.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:10 am

You always change arguments and/or can't reply in one or two sentences.

No one said he's the best in the World, but 100% healthy I think he's 2nd best HW in the World, and would give Fedor more trouble than some would want to admit.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 12:34 am

I think Lashley will be pretty good. I don't remember him really have any problems with Guida. I just remember it being a boring ass fight. Keep in mind, he is a wrestler fighting a Guida in his second fight. Lashley was just not agressive at all in that fight and Guida just held on...there was no real problem. Lashley pretty much dominated the action on pure base alone.

I think Jason looked to have him in a tight guillotine but you can't say he was close to beating him because Lashley was sitting in it for like a minute. If he really had it Lashley would have gone to sleep or tapped. Lashley does not have a neck, it will be hard to tap a guy like that with chokes.

Obviously, his wrestling is top notch. Good enough to make him a good living in MMA. He's more athletically gifted and physically imposing than most heavyweights. The question is whether he will improve his stand up and ground and pound enough to truly make the leap into the top 10 or whatever. He's with the right team(American Top Team). I see no reason why Lashley can't have a good run at HW.

My only gripe with him is that he's doing the whole "take it slow" thing way too slow. We know he can beat the piss out of the Bob Sapps and over the hill HW's of the world. It's time to see him fight guys more on his level...and i hope it was not Lashley who said no to the Shane del Rosario fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario   Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario Empty

Back to top Go down

Strikeforce scrap fight between Bobby Lashley and Shane Del Rosario
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next