Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?

Go down 
+5
GDPofDRC
captain organic
Ludo
oggy420
Ninja
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ninja
Administrator
Administrator
Ninja

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the last name Rua or Emelianenko and Uncle Creepy

Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:40 pm

Anyone at all?
Back to top Go down
https://ninjasplace.forumotion.net
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:48 pm

No. GSP will brutalize him with superior technical striking and stuff all his take downs. It would probably be more one sided than this fight was.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:55 pm

Not with the way GSP was striking and comfortably doing so last night. He might be wary to go to the ground with Shields because Shields has that awesome sweep game. I think he'll just stand and box Shields' ears off for five rounds.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 12:59 pm

I give him a chance based on the fact that I gave him no chance vs Hendo and won that fight convincingly.

I can not completely rule out that he grapples his way to a decision.

But I am pretty confident that GSP KO's him.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:08 pm

i honestly think Nick Diaz's skill set would be the hardest for GSP to deal with. His boxing mixed with his jiu jitsu could make it an interesting match. Since that fight won't happen, i don't really see anyone giving GSP much of a challenge.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:12 pm

Seeing as I thought Kos had a chance to even compete, I will have to say no, barring devine intervention, but even then there is little chance. We're talking about the Saint.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Top Strikers - he beats them on the ground
Top grapplers - he beats them on the feet.
A guy great at both- He beats them however he likes.

GSP is still the #1 P4P fighter in the world in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:22 pm

nope. GSP will smash Sheilds and i am excited for Sheilds to get beat up ive never liked the guy.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:36 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i honestly think Nick Diaz's skill set would be the hardest for GSP to deal with. His boxing mixed with his jiu jitsu could make it an interesting match. Since that fight won't happen, i don't really see anyone giving GSP much of a challenge.

Sean Sherk, Diego Sanchez. That is all.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Ludo wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Sean Sherk, Diego Sanchez. That is all.

Nick would beat these guys asses now. Not that GSP would mangle his corpse though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:53 pm

What he would do to them now is less the point than what they have in common with GSP. Great pace, excellent takedowns, Almost impossible to submit especially from the bottom. GSP is the kind of fighter that has given Nick problems all along.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:16 pm

GSP will beat Shields, but it will be on the ground alot more than the Kos fight was.

Oggy are you nuts??? GSP would kill Nick Diaz. It wouldn't even be a good fight imo. Nick would get pounded out in the first.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 6:45 pm

i think GSP destroys Shields, he'll do to him what he did to Kosh only this time Shields is going out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?   Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is anyone giving Sheilds a chance against GSP?
Page 1 of 1