Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III

Go down 
+3
Ziggy116
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III Empty
PostSubject: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:53 pm

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21397/listening-to-public-sentiment-ufc-boss-says-hell-re-think-lesnar-vs-mir-iii.mma?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+mmajunkie+(MMAjunkie.com+Feed)

Quote :
Just one day after suggesting Lesnar vs. Mir III is a fight that "kind of makes sense" in the heavyweight division, UFC president Dana White now admits feedback received on his Twitter account is leading him away from arranging the matchup.

"People have been saying on my Twitter that they're not happy with that fight," White told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "It's something I need to rethink."

Following Lesnar's heavyweight title loss to Cain Velasquez in October, reports began to surface in a number of locations that Lesnar vs. Mir III was in the works.

At a Friday Q&A session with the UFC Fight Club, White said those reports were a bit premature as he had not spoken to Lesnar since the former champion's UFC 121 defeat. However, he did seem intrigued with the notion.

"That fight kind of makes sense," White said on Friday. "So, we'll see."

But since White made that statement, fans have taken to the Internet to express their displeasure in the potential fight. While the UFC president believes it's unwise to pay too much attention to Internet message boards, White says those that took the time to address him on his official Twitter account have made their feelings known loud and clear.

"I usually don't gauge things by the Internet; the internet is [expletive] stupid," White said. "My Twitter I do.

"On my Twitter, there are 1.2 million people that care about this thing and everything else, and you don't get the goofy [expletive] that you get on the Internet."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:59 pm

SC Michelson is responsible for this. As hated as that writer is, he's getting the job done here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:21 pm

That is one thing I love about Dana, he will almost always put up fights the fans wanna see and doesnt make them wait years to see them. I still lean towards this fight happening but would not be surprised at all if he changes it.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:42 pm

Read this, my guess, the fight still happens
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Depends on how many people Black Lesnar can get to tweet about it. The same kind of thing shot down Franklin vs Hendo II.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:10 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Depends on how many people Black Lesnar can get to tweet about it. The same kind of thing shot down Franklin vs Hendo II.

True but I think this is a slightly different situations. He was planning that as a single main event and it was an immediate rematch if I remember right. That fight HAD to be changed.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:20 pm

DanaWhite wrote:

"I usually don't gauge things by the Internet; the internet is stupid," White said. "My Twitter I do.

"On my Twitter, there are 1.2 million people that care about this thing and everything else, and you don't get the goofy [expletive] that you get on the Internet."

LOL

Lets face it Dana, the thing you dont like about the Internet is unlike the UFC and your twitter account you cant control it.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:50 pm

well, what fight should we twitter dana to put on for brock. my pick is for lesnar vs nelson or kongo
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:41 pm

Todd Duffee
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:45 pm

Usually negative twitter feedback leads to Dana getting into flame wars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III   Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III Empty

Back to top Go down

Negative Twitter feedback making Dana rethink Brock-Mir III
Page 1 of 1