Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter

Go down 
+6
LA
Wolfgangsta
KingsOwn19
josh200612
killerofchicken
Farmer1906
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter Empty
PostSubject: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:11 am

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/7/23/2289682/dana-white-frank-shamrock-and-mike-swick-engage-in-twitter-war

I would love to see Frank come to the UFC and get his ass kicked by Swick.

Swick is about to make a comeback. I'm calling it now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:16 am

Lol at this whole situation. No one cares about Frank vs Swick.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:07 am

freakzilla wrote:
Lol at this whole situation. No one cares about Frank vs Swick.

I CARE!!!!!! Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:12 am

Lol, why?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:00 am

A retired fighter calling out a promotor is a debag move. I'd like to see him get beat up and see Swick make a comeback.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:04 am

I believe Swick has a fight scheduled to make his comeback and Frank is retired and should stay retired. End story, don't get bird excited for no reason
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:05 am

Bird will attack this thread for days 3 page min.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:06 am

What Killer said.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 12:09 pm

I would not call fighting a guy with shot knees and who has not fought in over two years a comeback.

Swick aint shit and he'll never be the caliber fighter Frank Shamrock was...even if he was half as good as everybody mistakenly thought he was a couple years ago.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:12 pm

I'd pay good money to see Frank kick Dana's bald ass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:38 pm

http://www.sbnation.com/mma/2011/7/23/2289794/behind-the-dana-white-frank-shamrock-twitter-beef

Frank Shamrock and Dana White have feuded for years. Last night, the battle ground was Twitter. Jonathan Snowden explains what exactly was going on.

Follow @sbnation on Twitter, and Like SBNation.com on Facebook.

Jul 23, 2011 - In 1997 Frank Shamrock relocated to Sunnyvale, California, and essentially created the now thriving mixed martial arts scene in the San Jose area. That's what happened in those days when a world class fighter moved into your town - others followed, interest was peaked, and satellites orbited around every great fighter.

Shamrock had left his adopted brother Ken's famous Lion's Den after hard words were exchanged and a computer monitor flew through the air. That's a story for another place. Frank was an alpha dog. So was Ken. It was a parting that needed to happen for both men to thrive. Shamrock was a former King of Pancrase. Within months he added a UFC title to his collection. San Jose, suddenly, was on the MMA map.

In his new home, Shamrock found the American Kickboxing Academy and kickboxing star Javier Mendez. Javier had dipped his toes into the waters of MMA already, getting fighter Brian Johnston a shot in the Octagon. It's there he met Frank Shamrock who asked if he could use Mendez's gym to train. There was an instant connection.

Soon Frank, who had already started adapting the kickboxing techniques of Maurice Smith into his repertoire, was asking Mendez for pointers and teaching Mendez's students the submission game. It was a partnership that worked.

"Frank never lost a fight with me in his corner," Mendez told me at a Strikeforce Challengers event. "Frank was becoming one of the first well rounded mixed martial artists. Soon we had B.J. Penn and his whole team at the gym, hoping we could do for him what we had done for Frank. 'Crazy' Bob (Cook, now Mendez's partner at AKA) was one of Frank's fighters. He had a bad eye and I told him to retire and help me train the guys at the gym. He became an important part of the training."

Shamrock came with his share of baggage. At the Lion's Den, fighters were groomed in a brutal style by an unyielding task master. When you fought for Ken Shamrock, you took lumps. Beatings were administered routinely, chokes held until the victim passed into unconsciousness. It took time to learn what it takes to be a fighter - and until you did, you were on the bottom of the totem pole. For Frank, it was a learning experience.

"It was like that for months. Because I didn't really know anything. Everybody was a tough guy and I was a young kid. It was tough. It was wild. I'm surprised I made it, because it wasn't a welcoming atmosphere where they wanted you to be successful," Shamrock said with a laugh. "Ken was the king of the cavemen and we were all underneath him. We learned that way."

Some of that mentality came over with Shamrock to San Jose, that hard Japanese style of training, the kind Ken had learned from Masakatsu Funaki in Pancrase, and that Frank carried in his DNA. It was important, Frank thought, to make sure his fighters were battle-tested and cage tough before they ever had a fight.

One of the young fighters training with Shamrock and Mendez at AKA was Mike Swick. A Texan who would go on to some level of fame and fortune after an appearance on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter, Swick was often a victim of Shamrock's brand of tough love. When Shamrock started an anti-bullying campaign, Swick exploded on twitter.

"That’s ironic considering he was the biggest bully at our gym until we had to split him from our team," Swick wrote. "I can’t even list the fighters on the team that were injured and hurt by him and that he passed out in chokes even after they tapped. This is like making the drug dealer a cop so he can help them get more drug dealers."

Shamrock responded in kind:

Mik swick callying me a bully is lame. I used to whoop his butt for sure cuzz he wanted to be a champ. Always respect and love 4 him. Guess swick forgot how I used to write his fan mail bak when he in the military. Or how I bled for him and trained him personally. @officialswick sorry Mike if i hurt your feelings. i was making you a man and a champion, as you requested.

From there the issue faded away. Shamrock had retired, his body breaking down from years of fighting and training; Swick battled injury issues of his own, becoming the forgotten man at AKA, sidelined since February 2010. Last night it returned with a vengeance.

RT @TimmyHands: @frankshamrock One fight. One name that could bring you out of retirement. Who would it be? = @danawhiteless than a minute ago via TweetDeck Favorite Retweet ReplyFrank Shamrock
frankshamrock

When asked what fight might bring him out of retirement, Shamrock responded with Dana White's name. The two men have long been political rivals in MMA. When White and Zuffa first took over the UFC, they called Shamrock in for a meeting. He laid out his ideas for growing the sport and the company. They ignored most of them and struggled at the box office for years until reality television came to the rescue in the form of The Ultimate Fighter.

Shamrock was persona non grata with Zuffa. Things got so bad that Mendez and Cook changed the name of their fight team from Shamrock Submission Fighting to the American Kickboxing Academy. "Frank had issues with some people in the business," Mendez explained. "It was easier to get our guys fights that way."

Shamrock, in turn, signed with Strikeforce and put his ideas on display. Using social media and plenty of trash talk, Shamrock built huge fights with Cesar Gracie, Phil Baroni, and Nick Diaz. His is the template the UFC seems to be using to build their own grudge matches. Once again, Frank Shamrock had been ahead of his time.

Of course, this new common ground hasn't made the two men like each other. White has essentially erased Shamrock, a UFC legend, from the company's history. Shamrock has never been shy with his criticisms - and now with his grandstand challenges. White, wisely, wanted no part of a fist fight with one of the sport's greats. But he did throw Swick's name out there as a possible challenge for the retired former champion.

@frankshamrock swick has been beggin me to put a beatin on u. He thinks its a joke u do anti bully shit, says he never met bigr bully then uless than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry® Favorite Retweet ReplyDana White
danawhite

Whether this is promotion for a fight between the two men is anyone's guess. It's the kind of organic approach Shamrock likes to take, and the fight would be a barn burner. He explained his philosophy last year in a Bloody Elbow Community interview.

"I just think we're the entertainment business. And our entertainment is sport. And until we make it a real sport and everything is on the table, we're in the business of sports entertainment," Shamrock said. "So, whatever is bringing in ratings and putting butts in the seats and keeping MMA going - we need to be doing it."
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Even the Shamrock who lost to Diaz would probably tap Swick but the one that beat the shit out of Baroni or battled Cung Le would fuck the very best Mike Swick up badly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:17 am

Amir beat the shit out of Baroni so that ain't saying much, and Scott Smith KO'd Cung...

I would although probably pick Frank against Swick, but would also like to see it.

Twitter, where legendary fighters and Presidents of billion dollar MMA Organizations look like regular message boards idiots....too funny.
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 9:47 am

who hates the ufc more, frank or frye
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:38 am

I think its funny as hell when they argue like this.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:43 pm

I still can't get why someone would want to see Frank Shamrock get his ass kicked...

wait I just reread the above, and as such will recant the statement.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 7:44 pm

LA wrote:
Amir beat the shit out of Baroni so that ain't saying much, and Scott Smith KO'd Cung...

I would although probably pick Frank against Swick, but would also like to see it.

Twitter, where legendary fighters and Presidents of billion dollar MMA Organizations look like regular message boards idiots....too funny.

Amir beat an old Baroni Frank beat a tough juiced up Baroni

Frank would beat Swick right now I truly bleieve that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:34 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
LA wrote:

Amir beat an old Baroni Frank beat a tough juiced up Baroni

Frank would beat Swick right now I truly bleieve that.

Oh course he was....I mean do you even believe that? Which Baroni lost to Pete Sell?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:38 pm

for 1 Sell was 6-0 after beating Baroni
since that loss Baroni had gone 5-2 beating Minowa, Ryo Chonan and Yuki Kondo

come on trying to argue that the 2007 Baroni was the same as the November 21st, 2009 Baroni is laughable and your smarter than that.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Wiki is nice isn't it.

And so Frank beat a tough juiced Baroni, Pete fucking Sell beat a tough juiced Baroni, but Amir beat a washed up Baroni, I mean dude come on now....Baroni was never an impressive win, and he wasn't magically that much better 2 years prior.

Throwout fandom with this one.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

LA wrote:
Wiki is nice isn't it.

And so Frank beat a tough juiced Baroni, Pete fucking Sell beat a tough juiced Baroni, but Amir beat a washed up Baroni, I mean dude come on now....Baroni was never an impressive win, and he wasn't magically that much better 2 years prior.

when he fought Frank he was 2 fights away from beating Yuki Kondo, when he fought Amir he was coming off a loss to Joe Riggs

Baroni was a tough banger in the old days who lost 4 in a row and got bounced from the UFC. then went on a 5-2 run in Pride not bad and are youtrying to argue that fighters cant hit a peak after dropping losses? Not really sure why your arguieng this because your flat out wrong and its fairly obvious

Baroni was always a roided up hiffing punching machine, only difference was the one in 2007 had better cardio (hard to imagine) and was younger and coming off victories that actually meant something. vs a loss to Joe Riggs
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:46 pm

and I didnt use wiki
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
and I didnt use wiki

Fightfinder then whatever, no way you knew Pete Sell was 5-0 at that time bro, be real.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:51 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
LA wrote:
Wiki is nice isn't it.

when he fought Frank he was 2 fights away from beating Yuki Kondo, when he fought Amir he was coming off a loss to Joe Riggs

Baroni was a tough banger in the old days who lost 4 in a row and got bounced from the UFC. then went on a 5-2 run in Pride not bad and are youtrying to argue that fighters cant hit a peak after dropping losses? Not really sure why your arguieng this because your flat out wrong and its fairly obvious

Baroni was always a roided up hiffing punching machine, only difference was the one in 2007 had better cardio (hard to imagine) and was younger and coming off victories that actually meant something. vs a loss to Joe Riggs

Long post to try and convince me one of you favorite fighters alltime fought a 10x better version of a guy who was never even that good to begin with then Amir.

So which Baroni lost to Kala or Smokin Joe? Right after Frank too...
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 8:56 pm

LA wrote:
Wiki is nice isn't it.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter   F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter Empty

Back to top Go down

F Shamrock vs Dana & Swick via Twitter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next