Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Manny broke Antonio's skull.

Go down 
+5
Wolfgangsta
redvexx8
LA
Ziggy116
captain organic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Manny broke Antonio's skull. Empty
PostSubject: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 3:24 pm

his orbital bone to be more precise.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=5805223

Antonio Margarito, the Mexican super welterweight beaten badly by Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night, suffered a fractured orbital bone to his face and was expected to stay in the hospital for observation through at least Sunday night, an executive with Margarito's promotions company said.

Margarito, who lost in a lopsided, 12-round decision, was taken directly to the hospital via ambulance after the fight to have cuts to his face examined.

That is when the injury to his eye socket was discovered, Top Rank executive Carl Moretti told ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in an e-mail Sunday.

Margarito had skipped the postfight news conference at the request of the fight doctor and people in his camp, an unusual move for such a big fight.

Legendary Pacquiao trainer Freddie Roach was critical of the late-round decision-making of Margarito's corner, saying they should have forced a stoppage.

"There was no way I was gong to quit. I'm a Mexican, we fight until the end," Margarito said.

Pacquiao (52-3-2, 38 KOs), giving away both pounds and inches, won the WBC super welterweight belt to extend his record with a title in an eighth weight class -- two more than Oscar De La Hoya's six.

"He's a very tough guy," Roach said of Margarito (38-7, 27 KOs). "I was surprised how tough he was. He has the worst corner. They probably ruined his career by not stopping the fight."

Pacquiao turned Margarito into a bloody and nearly blind fighter with a dizzying array of punches, dominating from the opening rounds on at Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

The beating was so thorough that the congressman from the Philippines turned to referee Laurence Cole several times in the 11th round, imploring him to stop the fight.

"I told the referee, 'Look at his eyes, look at his cuts,' " Pacquiao said. "I did not want to damage him permanently. That's not what boxing is about."

It went on, though, even though Margarito had no chance to win.

"I can't believe that I beat someone this big and this strong," Pacquiao said. "It's hard. I really do my best to win the fight."

Pacquiao moved up in weight yet again to take on Margarito, a natural welterweight with a reputation for ruggedness in the ring.

And rugged he was, though he took a beating all night long at the hands of a faster and seemingly more powerful opponent.

Pacquiao won every round on one scorecard, 120-108, and was ahead 119-109 and 118-110 on the other two. The Associated Press had it a 120-108 shutout.
Back to top Go down
Ziggy116
Black Belt
Black Belt
Ziggy116

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rampage, Fedor, Gangster brothers, Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Ouch. No wonder boxers are half retarded by retirement.
Back to top Go down
https://apps.facebook.com/groupsplus/group.php?id=2139
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 5:41 pm

Got to give him credit for stickin that out, he was battered in that fight. I've had my orbital bone fractured before and it hurts like a mutha fucker.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:16 pm

One tough SOB
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:22 pm

The fight should have been called in the 11th. Pacman spared his life in the 12th.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 pm

And this has got to do with MMA how?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:39 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
And this has got to do with MMA how?

meant to post it on the boxing board.

Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:58 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
The fight should have been called in the 11th. Pacman spared his life in the 12th.

+1

i thought by the 9th once his eye really seemed to be closed. his coner were a bunch of ignorant a holes for making him go back out and put his eye sight in danger. dude showed heart but if i was him after rewatching the fight i would think twice about getting rid of that camp
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:00 pm

Margarito kept throwing back and moving thats why the fight wasnt stopped

crazy things happen in boxing and you give the fighter then benefit of the doubt when he is still seeing, still punching and moving. Margarito and Cole did there job

Margaritos corner did not do theirs
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:09 pm

They always let the big fights go a little longer than others. Margarito or his corner could've stopped the fight if they wanted.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Margarito wont stop, that isnt an option

His trainer said "He wouldnt let me stop it"

DUde your the fucking trainer you stop the fight, your fighter doesnt tell you when to

I am fine with the handling of the fight by the doctors and Cole
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Ya well that beating probably ruined his career. Not that anyone cares.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:56 pm

no i think Mosley, the hand wraps, the year off, hid lsdy performance and know this performance have ended his career
Back to top Go down
nano212
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt
nano212

Favorite Fighter(s) : JMM, Rafaell Marquez, Pac and David Haye

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:59 pm

Ya Garcia should have stopped the fight in the 10th round or so. The whole "he would not let me stop the fight" bullshit is stupid. I have watched enough fights were the ref or corner stops the fights and the fighter gets all pissed but at the end they realize it was for their own good. Go look at the Chico vs PBF fight stoppage.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 9:55 am

I'm pissed I didn't get to see it but real glad about the outcome.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:40 pm

Well how bout that Cotto fight vs the Rabbi, where the corner threw in the towel, and the Ref said, "no keep fighting". that shit was bizzaro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manny broke Antonio's skull.   Manny broke Antonio's skull. Empty

Back to top Go down

Manny broke Antonio's skull.
Page 1 of 1