Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK

Go down 
+6
4445Frank
flapanther2001
SlickMoneyXL
jz_hova
Birdofthad
marbleheadmaui
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:15 am

if we are talking about the very prime bowe on his best day then i think that he can hang with most of them. obviously bowe had some problems so on a lot of days he wouldnt beat a lot of fighters. thats why he wasnt great because he couldnt overcome those psychological issues. so again, if we are talking about his best day then yes, he had a ton of talent and skill but in general, he wouldnt have been able to reign as the champ because he wouldnt have been able to stay on top of his game for that long.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:59 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Bowe was too scared to fight Lewis, do you think he would've had the balls to fight Tyson?

It was all but a done deal before Riddick vs Golota 1 and Vander KOing Tyson

true story
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:08 am

The Tyson legend had already been killed by Buster. If it was still the 80's Tyson then Bowe would've wanted no part of him.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:45 am

want another great true story

Riddick Bowe told Sports Illustrated, it was known there was some little thugs running around knocking old ladies out, I was a 6'5 teenager, I walked my mom to and from work and the grocery store everyday, Mike Tyson never tried to mug my mom

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:36 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Bowe was too scared to fight Lewis, do you think he would've had the balls to fight Tyson?
Would he fight a guy who never beat a great HW? HELL YES. Tyson is overrated. He never beat a great HW.

I'm not asking who he beat. I was saying that Bowe didn't have the balls to fight Lewis. If you're too scared to fight Lewis then you're too scared to fight Tyson. Bowe would've lost the fight against Tyson before he even made it to the ring.
Bowe got in the ring with Holy but he wouldnt fight Tyson? Come on Holy was better than Tyson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 8:49 am

soonermark890 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
soonermark890 wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Would he fight a guy who never beat a great HW? HELL YES. Tyson is overrated. He never beat a great HW.

I'm not asking who he beat. I was saying that Bowe didn't have the balls to fight Lewis. If you're too scared to fight Lewis then you're too scared to fight Tyson. Bowe would've lost the fight against Tyson before he even made it to the ring.
Bowe got in the ring with Holy but he wouldnt fight Tyson? Come on Holy was better than Tyson.

It's got nothing to do with who's better. Holyfield wasn't scary or big. Bowe had no heart it seamed. He refused to fight Lewis and would've been scared to fight the undefeated Tyson.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:41 pm

ohh boy..a case again of overestimating some fighters..hollifield is glorified too much.sorry..bowe had talent but also had conditioning problems threwout his career..his heart is not first rate..bowe in a fight that you think he won impressively scored 5 -6 knockdowns also was hit a ton by that same guy.not a big puncher.much smaller then bowe yet stoped him in his tracks a few times..tyson gets noo repect on this board more or less..in his day yes he eats bowe up..soo does lennox lewis..
bowe was a case of awsome potential but feel short far short of what he could of been..tyson also destroyed some 6 ft 4 or 6 foot 5 guys.golata carl williams terrel biggs frank bruno are some that come to mind..if dempsey kos bowe then so does tyson..ill agree that both do..if frazier beats him soo does marciano whos far better then joe and even frazier admitts that..we can go on and on with WHAT IFS .downgrading one fighter while overpraising another..i think bowe beats vitali and wlad..wlad because of the chin factor..if the chin was decent then id pick wlad but it isnt..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK   HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

HOW MANY BEAT RIDDICK
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2