Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight Empty
PostSubject: Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight   Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 am

Former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, Riddick Bowe, claims that he recently approached his career rival Lennox Lewis with the idea of having a fight where the money would go to charity. Bowe says Lewis turned down the request. Since Lewis refused the fight, Bowe would have interest in fighting either Wladimir or Vitali Klitschko.

The former champion has not fought since December 2008. Several fights have been scheduled since then. They never go through as the 44-year-old ex-champion always seems to withdraw from them. He was rivals with Lewis during his entire career. The two fought as amateurs but never as pros.

"I would love to return to the ring for a fight with Lennox Lewis. We offered him the fight where the proceeds would go to charity, but he refused. Since Lewis does not want to fight me then I would like to get a chance to fight with one of the Klitschko brothers," Bowe said.

He denies the pending rumors in the press of requesting a third fight with Andrew Golota. "No, I don't want to fight him again."

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=28773
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight   Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 am

Ali, I just saw that article on boxingscene. If true, it is rather depressing. Knowing the state Bowe is in, I don't doubt the veracity of the article.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight   Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:50 am

It's sad to see Bowe unable to walk away from the ring, commissions really need to do more to stop fading stars from damaging their health.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight   Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Bowe is a joke. Lewis has too much dignity to be dragged down to Bowe's level at this point. Bowe avoided Lewis during their prime years. Lewis beat Bowe in the olympics.

Bowe claimed he had brain damage during his trial for kidnapping his ex wife a few years ago - how does he get a license ?
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight   Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:14 pm

everyone in boxing should just ignore bowe...his days are long over.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight   Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad news: Riddick Bowe approached Lennox Lewis for a fight
Page 1 of 1