Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano

Go down 
+8
bobbitt15
Tobe06
powerpuncher
Birdofthad
dmar5143
KrazyHorseBennett
marbleheadmaui
Diego408
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Who wins?
Lennox Lewis
Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano Vote_lcap74%Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano Vote_rcap
 74% [ 17 ]
Rocky Marciano
Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano Vote_lcap26%Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano Vote_rcap
 26% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 23

AuthorMessage

Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano Empty
PostSubject: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:04 pm

12 rd fight. Both are motivated and fight to their limits. Who wins?
Back to top Go down
Diego408
Green Belt
Green Belt
Diego408

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Marquez Brothers, Robert Guerrero, Abner Mares, Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez, Devon Alexander, Jose Benavidez Jr and Nick Diaz

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Lewis all day
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:06 pm

I agree.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Lennox better not get hit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Marciano wouldn't reach him.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:43 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Marciano wouldn't reach him.

And you say that based on Marciano always getting to everyone or Lennox never getting hit by anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:47 pm

On the basis that Lewis was a smart fighter and that he would outsmart Marciano. Who did you vote for Marble?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:51 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
On the basis that Lewis was a smart fighter and that he would outsmart Marciano. Who did you vote for Marble?

Lewis was SMARTER????????????????????

The guy who couldn't figure out how to outjab Evander or avoid Rahman or McCall was SMARTER???????????

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch Marciano track down Walcott or figuire out how to get Ezzard out when he has one round to do so or watch him figure out how to get rid of Harry Matthews.

Lewis has a bunch of advantages here, but ring smarts is NOT one of them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:53 pm

He wasn't motivated in his 2 losses. Those fights were lost before the fight even started. So who did you vote for?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:56 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
He wasn't motivated in his 2 losses. Those fights were lost before the fight even started. So who did you vote for?

OK, so Lennox is extraordinarily vulnerable in a second way. He isn't even disciplined enough to always show up in top shape. Not something anyone ever accused Marciano of.

I'm passing on the vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 11:59 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

OK, so Lennox is extraordinarily vulnerable in a second way. He isn't even disciplined enough to always show up in top shape. Not something anyone ever accused Marciano of.

I'm passing on the vote.

Why? so you don't get ridiculed for voting Marciano? Anyway, the question I was asking was if both fought their best not for their whole career. The Lewis that lost has nothing to do with this fight as he wasn't at his best then.
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:01 am

Here is the formula.

Fighter from the 50's or before can only be beaten by one of his fellow superhumans from the 50's or before.

DUHHHHHHHH. How do we not know this by now, people?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:02 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I'm passing on the vote.

Why? so you don't get ridiculed for voting Marciano? Anyway, the question I was asking was if both fought their best not for their whole career. The Lewis that lost has nothing to do with this fight as he wasn't at his best then.

LOL, yeah being ridiculed by anonymous interweb dudes is really troubling. What are you six years old?

I don't vote on things like this because the concept carries no weight.

Lewis is more vulnerable to big punchers than any othe heavyweight champion excpet maybe Floyd Patterson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:04 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Here is the formula.

Fighter from the 50's or before can only be beaten by one of his fellow superhumans from the 50's or before.

Lol. Totally agree.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:04 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Here is the formula.

That's just dumb. Foreman beats Rocky, so does Ali and Frazioer and Evander are both bloodbaths that I can't really pick. I said last week so does Riddick Bowe in my view. But the Lewis who was KO'd by Rahman and McCall?

That's not nearly as obvious.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 am

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I'm passing on the vote.

BTW, you think you can train a chin? How exactly does one do that?
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:06 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Here is the formula.

That's just dumb. Foreman beats Rocky, so does Ali and Frazioer and Evander are both bloodbaths that I can't really pick. I said last week so does Riddick Bowe in my view. But the Lewis who was KO'd by Rahman and McCall?

Dude, I'm just poking the bear with a stick. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:07 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:

I'm passing on the vote.

LOL, yeah being ridiculed by anonymous interweb dudes is really troubling. What are you six years old?

I don't vote on things like this because the concept carries no weight.

Lewis is more vulnerable to big punchers than any othe heavyweight champion excpet maybe Floyd Patterson.

You make a topic saying that Riddick Bowe on his day was almost unstoppable yet you play down Lewis. Bowe was too terrified to face Lewis.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano   Prime Lennox Lewis vs Prime Rocky Marciano EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:08 am

KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
KrazyHorseBennett wrote:
Here is the formula.

Dude, I'm just poking the bear with a stick. jocolor