Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
oggy420
7 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch Empty
PostSubject: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:24 pm

from bloodyelbow

"When I left the [Werdum] fight I understood the whole situation and said right away that my opponent will avoid me for as long as possible. When the fight will happen, for now, I don't know. He apparently did an operation on his hand. He will delay the rematch as long as possible.

I understand that we're all people, this is sport, this is life, and I was always prepared for this."

Im really confused as to why Overeem vs Fedor hasn't already been booked, but werdum i know has said he wants a rematch also and is even willing to do it in Russia.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:32 pm

I've grown so tired of SF's HW division. I really don't give a fuck what they schedule there anymore
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:35 pm

yea im kinda on the same page. I am really interested in seeing some of the potential matchup's but this is getting ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:42 pm

Werdum got hurt, Overeem has been fighting K-1. Whats not to understand?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:44 pm

i thought all overeem ever wanted was a fedor fight...... isn't that what he's always said?

So why is that fight not happening? SF has a great HW roster and yet it is sitting there growing mold and collecting dust. I just wish they could get their shit together and put on consistent events.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 12:49 pm

If Strikeforce got it's shit together then they could build a very strong company around their Heavyweights.

Overeem
Fedor
Werdum
Silva
Barnett
Arlovski
Rogers

Make an excellent top 7.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 pm

They should just make the Fedor vs Barnett fight already. Fedor wanted no part of Reem until a week after he was committed to K-1 and I agree with him that Werdum will ride this win out for as long as possible.

Once again Fedor let M-1 lock him in the basement and he had no idea what was going on in the world? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 1:44 pm

Quote :
i thought all overeem ever wanted was a fedor fight...... isn't that what he's always said?

So why is that fight not happening? SF has a great HW roster and yet it is sitting there growing mold and collecting dust. I just wish they could get their shit together and put on consistent events.

Naw, he's always said he values fighting in Japan and wants to be the first MMA and K1 champion. He says that Fedor stuff on American MMA blogs to dupe Fedor haters into thinking he's a legit champion though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:05 pm

How can Werdum be ducking Fedor when he's been out with an injury ?? Sounds like bitterness to me.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Fedor is sounding more and more lame, claiming other fighters are ducking him, when it consistently looks like it his mgmt, that keeps the big fights from happening. fight Barnett. Werdum is hurt, and will face Overeem next, Fedor, u lost, now u need to wait(at least for that fight). FIGHT BARNETT.

Overeem signed up for a K1 tourney, he's not going to bail on that now. I don't fault him at all right now.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:40 pm

Yeah Fedor is becoming just as annoying as the rest of them. For a division filled with talented guys its laughable how much uncertainty is on the horizon. Do they 1 fight scheduled with any of their HWs right now?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:20 pm

Fedor has some validity to what he is saying. Werdum has not at any point wanted this rematch from my perspective. Anyway, the fans are forcing Fedor to say this kind of stuff, since they eat up all of Overeem's total bullshit.

SF has promised that 2011 everyone fights eachother and that some big announcements are coming. How long have we been waiting to see Carwin, Lesnar, Dos Santos and Cain all mix it up? Two years?
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:28 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor has some validity to what he is saying. Werdum has not at any point wanted this rematch from my perspective. Anyway, the fans are forcing Fedor to say this kind of stuff, since they eat up all of Overeem's total bullshit.

SF has promised that 2011 everyone fights eachother and that some big announcements are coming. How long have we been waiting to see Carwin, Lesnar, Dos Santos and Cain all mix it up? Two years?

except that Werdum both b4, and directly after the fight said he preffered a rematch with Fedor then a matchup with Overeem. If anything(and I don't but it cause Werdum is hurt) Werdum is ducking Overeem.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:52 pm

He can babble as much right before and after, but since the win he's been like "oh well Ill fight next year, gonna get some surgery, do some shopping, fighting, ya ill do that sometime next year"
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Werdum was sparring, wrestling and goofing around after his surgery too. That is kinda suspect if you ask me.

Either way I hate to be that guy, but when it comes to Fedor...I TOLD YA SO!
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 2:36 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
I've grown so tired of SF's HW division. I really don't give a fuck what they schedule there anymore

+1

And my reply would have been Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:54 am

this is getting old!!! im sick of SF and their inability to put on fights with the roster they have, until they schedule a fight im not talking about them anymore, this is just getting out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Fedor and Werdum fight over the summer. Relax guys.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Fedor and Werdum fight over the summer. Relax guys.
yeah, the summer of 2015
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:26 pm

If I was Strikeforce i'd make these fights-

Alistair Overeem vs Fabricio Werdum
Fedor Emelianenko vs Josh Barnett

Winners then fight each other and losers fight each other
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch   Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor claims Werdum is ducking him for a rematch
Page 1 of 1