Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch

Go down 
+7
Ludo
Birdofthad
Andrew the Raider King
Bigs03
OU
captain organic
SOKO
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch Empty
PostSubject: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:29 am

even though strikeforce might line up fedor vs reem or werdum vs reem M-1 says its what the fans want. What would you guys prefer?

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/M-1-Fans-Want-Fedor-Werdum-2-25512
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:13 am

Werdum vs Overeem.

but kings has said Werdum needs surgery.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 12:44 pm

[quote]"We are ready to fight against anyone, but everyone agrees that the most interesting fight right now is the rematch against Fabricio Werdum. We have one fight left on our contract, so if Strikeforce want to extend it – they should listen to our opinion. Fedor will fight again sometime between October and November. I’ll repeat that again: the only thing fans want to see is Fedor vs Werdum II. Fabricio himself said that he would like to rematch Fedor in Russia. It’s great, but this fight will not happen in Russia ... I can really feel that the rating makers on the US websites really wanted Fedor Emelianenko to suffer from his first 'real' defeat. They now have Fedor in third Place, and the first is Brock Lesnar. Question: Who’s Brock Lesnar? He has only five professional fights, and one defeat. He is a marketable fighter because of his WWE past. They sell-out 60,000 stadiums for that crap, which no one would even consider watching in Russia. That’s why Brock Lesnar is popular. As for Fedor, he is not a marketable fighter – he’s just the best. He destroyed everyone during 10 years. He has 31 victories."
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 1:33 pm

I'd rather see Fedor vs. Overreem. I mean it'd be nice to see Fedor avenge his loss but I think most people know how that fight would go down. A win over Overreem goes a lot further for me than revenge on Werdum.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:51 pm

If they really want Fedor to fight Overeem, but not get bogged down with a "Champions Clause", then make it a non-title fight. As for them stating Brock is basically a nobody champion? Well he is willing to fight the WAMMA HW Champion anytime.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 pm

Didn't you guys read the bolded part of the quote. Strikeforce doesn't have a choice, not if they want to keep Fedor around for longer then 1 fight.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:53 pm

fuck M1 they suck

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:57 pm

I say call the bluff. Where will M-1 bring Fedor if not to Strikeforce? The UFC won't play their games and if they won't sign an extension with Strikeforce who is gonna pay them what they want? Who can afford to? Let them push Fedor into Shine or Bellator so he can fight guys who couldn't hold a candle to even Brett Rogers, then we'll see how much money they make.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
fuck M1 they suck

word. they are fucking scared. i wanna see fedor vs reem.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:59 pm

LudoCain wrote:
I say call the bluff. Where will M-1 bring Fedor if not to Strikeforce? The UFC won't play their games and if they won't sign an extension with Strikeforce who is gonna pay them what they want? Who can afford to? Let them push Fedor into Shine or Bellator so he can fight guys who couldn't hold a candle to even Brett Rogers, then we'll see how much money they make.

Hmmm, how about DREAM, where they love Fedor. How about Fedor vs Barnett?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:21 pm

call the bluff

they arent holding the loaded deck anymore
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:24 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
call the bluff

they arent holding the loaded deck anymore

Bad move, let the best HW in the world just slip away.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:30 pm

not slip away but let M 1 global know they aint running shit anymore

what are they gonna do go to Dream and make peanuts

they backed themselves into this corner everyone knew if a day came taht Fedor lost all their bullshit posturing would cost them
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:33 pm

Fedor going to Dream would actually be good for Strikeforce. They could re-establish the belt and then have a title unification fight between the current Champion and Fedor in a co promoted Strikeforce/Dream/M-1 event in which Strikeforce ISN'T footing the bill for M-1's bullshit. If M-1 moves Fedor to Dream Strikeforce still has access to him, just not as readily available as right now... Of course he's not exactly readily available for them now as it is.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:38 pm

The absolute best Fedor should get for his last contracted fight is the winner of Antonio Silva vs. Sergei Kharitonov....the fact that SF wanted to line up Fedor/Reem is crazy not because of the belt really, but because it's Fedor's last fight...you are asking to be backed into a corner again ala Jake.

SF is lucky that M-1 wants to avoid Alistair Overeem like the plague and have been for about a year...but they should not give him Werdum eitheir. Why give Fedor a chance to avenge his only real loss and prove the first one meant little so M-1 can go back to playing their card with Strikeforce?

When SF hears "Fedor vs. Werdum or no extension" that should automatically mean that "then there will be no extension" because why would they want another extension with M-1 after one of their guys just beat Fedor? Sure, they want to keep Fedor around but threatening not to extend, ok then, they don't want to extend with M-1 they want to extend with Fedor...if Fedor is still with M-1 after his next fight...he won't really be going anywhere, not UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator, anywhere...maybe Japan. Even if Scott Coker was weak enough to be strongarmed by M-1 even now, i doubt the brass at Showtime will at this point.

As a fan, i'm down for a rematch...but as a supporter of SF's existence that would just be reckless matchmaking when they were already burned by stuff like that. There are no sure things in MMA...even if SF wanted to continue working with M-1 after the next fight it's not like it's a sure thing they will extend IF they get Fedor/Werdum. So, if i'm Coker i'm telling M-1 to piss up a rope because they should rather Fedor not fight for them again then put their asses on the line like that.
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:00 pm

+1 Kings
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 pm

took the words outta my mouth Kings
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:20 pm

Dream's future is in doubt and I doubt they could even clear a check to Fedor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:27 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Dream's future is in doubt and I doubt they could even clear a check to Fedor.

Yeah but they can write it and tell Fedor not to cash it until after a show. It is Japan you know
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Isn't DREAM the same organization that was being touted as Pride reborn? They pay their fighters this, they do that, blah-blah-blah? Why are they having problems now? Oh right, their fighters keeping coming stateside and getting their asses kicked by a 2nd tier organization. As far as I can see, there are only two working models. Zuffa's and Bellator's, after that they are all struggling to put on fights, pay their fighters, and make a profit.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:38 pm

If SF can get Fedor to sign onto 3 more fights, at a reasonable rate, prior to fighting Werdum, then why not? Werdum vs Fedor is not the worst thing in the world. And yes SF's hand was strengthened tremendously with Fedor's loss, but his presence in the org is still a huge positive.

Though it does set a bad precedent, and it does leave Overeem without a challenger.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Isn't DREAM the same organization that was being touted as Pride reborn? They pay their fighters this, they do that, blah-blah-blah? Why are they having problems now? Oh right, their fighters keeping coming stateside and getting their asses kicked by a 2nd tier organization. As far as I can see, there are only two working models. Zuffa's and Bellator's, after that they are all struggling to put on fights, pay their fighters, and make a profit.

SF is struggling to put on fights and pay their fighers?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 pm

I don't know Andrew...maybe production wise but i don't see anybody really comparing DREAM to PrideFC..
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:09 am

I was told by an individual on this board that the stupid Zuffa people bought Pride and that the "old" Pride owners started DREAM. I admit, I am going on memory and I should have looked it up and verified, however I didn't. Be that as it may, DREAM is not looking so hot like I said, because their fighters are not doing so hot over here...Shinya Aoki anyone?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 12:37 am

Both Dream and Sengoku were born from the ashes of Pride, and both claim that lineage, neither has really lived up to the lofty standard of Pride's memory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch   M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch Empty

Back to top Go down

M-1 looking for an immediate fedor / werdum rematch
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next