Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?

Go down 
+2
Jamal
captain organic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   Empty
PostSubject: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 3:57 am

I expect to see Fedor fight again. but I think the matchups vs the giants are over with. Fedor vs reasonably sized dudes till the end.

I think Werdum would still make a great fight. Fedor vs Hendo? sure why not.
Back to top Go down
Jamal
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jamal

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:16 am

Fedor has to either move down to LHW or retire.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 4:50 am

I actually agree with Freak. Even before Fedor took the Werdum loss i've been wanting to see him move down to 205 where it's more skill vs. skill. If not, i would like him to go through with the retirement.

like i said in my event review. The giants he was beating in the past werent as well rounded and talented, as well as giant like Bigfoot. Fedor looked his best against HW his size like Big Nog, CroCop Herring, etc. I would like to see Fedor fight the loser of Feijao/Hendo or maybe even King Mo at 205..but i really don't see Fedor considering the idea of cutting weight seriously. The guy walks around at his fighting weight. I think he'll retire.

He was destroyed tonight. Somebody with over 35 fights in his career. Approaching mid 30's...coming off a wire to wire domination like he did tonght. I think Fedor was serious in his retirement bid as he was talking about it even before the fight...Silva beat the piss out of him so i imagine the thought of retirement is stronger than ever. If he does fight again, i think it will be so long from now that speculating on names like Hendo and Werdum is irrelevant because i think Fedor will play the retirement game..atleast for awhile.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 7:32 pm

I thought Fedor won the first rnd, so that was not wire to wire domination, but the 2nd rnd, once Silva got top position that is when the domination started.

I don't think it is completely necessary that he move down to 205. against the non giants, he'll fare well, and certain lhw's could move up to face him.

And I'd like to see him keep fighting. Got caught vs a BJJ ace, and then pummeled by a guy 50#'s bigger then he. Of coarse if the motivation is gone, then it's gone, but Fedor can def continue to be very successful in this sport.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:12 pm

captain organic wrote:
I expect to see Fedor fight again. but I think the matchups vs the giants are over with. Fedor vs reasonably sized dudes till the end.

I think Werdum would still make a great fight. Fedor vs Hendo? sure why not.

He would murder Hendo lol.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:13 pm

Retire IMO

If anything Werdum after he loses to Reem, win then call it a career.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:16 pm

LA wrote:
Retire IMO

If anything Werdum after he loses to Reem, win then call it a career.

I think he should retire also.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:18 pm

His face last night said retired to me.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:19 pm

LA wrote:
His face last night said retired to me.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:32 pm

The Russian Mafia has a nice pension plan

But seriously, he's still the best ever, and don't want to see him go out like a Chuck did.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 8:38 pm

LA wrote:

But seriously, he's still the best ever, and don't want to see him go out like a Chuck did.

Thats what I would be afraid of for him.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 pm

LA wrote:

but he is not getting KTFO like Chuck was. Got caught by a BJJ ace, and pummelled by a dude 2 weight classes bigger then he. But never has he been laid out cold ala Chuck.

Again it's about his desire to fight imo. I'd like to see him continue, he still has game. Though his comments lend weight to your opinion.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 9:53 pm

Fedor could still beat most people. There are a handful of compelling top level fights for him in SF still. If he wants to retire he should, but there is no physical reason he should.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 1:24 am

captain organic wrote:
LA wrote:

but he is not getting KTFO like Chuck was. Got caught by a BJJ ace, and pummelled by a dude 2 weight classes bigger then he. But never has he been laid out cold ala Chuck.

Again it's about his desire to fight imo. I'd like to see him continue, he still has game. Though his comments lend weight to your opinion.

Not as bad as a Chuck for sure, but going out losing is what I meant.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:24 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
Fedor could still beat most people. There are a handful of compelling top level fights for him in SF still. If he wants to retire he should, but there is no physical reason he should.

Unless that eye never heals lol. He was definitely a bad looking eye.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 11:33 am

Only 90 day medical suspension.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?    Fedor vs Werdum 2?   Fedor vs Hendo?   Empty

Back to top Go down

Fedor vs Werdum 2? Fedor vs Hendo?
Page 1 of 1