Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor

Go down 
+2
KingsOwn19
oggy420
6 posters
AuthorMessage
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 pm

i haven't gotten a chance to post about the fight yet. I know this has probably been talked to death but i just wanted to give a few quick thoughts.

1. The closed guard is far from dead. No more proof besides the #1 p4p fighter in the world being tapped by a triangle from guard.

2. Fedor was bound to lose at some point. Yea i'll admit it, im a huge Fedor fan and let bias get in the way of logic. No fighter will ever go undefeated at this high level of mma for their whole career.

3. Febricio is a bad man. He has the bjj skills to tap ANYONE on any given night, as we just learned. He's the most decorated bjj player in the game and is really starting to fight with confidence. He's a threat to anyone.

4. Why did the ufc give up on Werdum so early? I mean they cut the man who just gave Fedor his first legit loss.

5. Fedor will be back. This in no way drops him on my rankings besides putting Werdum at 1 now. Fedor is still Fedor. He got sloppy when he went in for the kill and made crucial mistakes. But that is the way Fedor fights, just going hard for the kill when he smells the blood. This time his reckless style caught up with him. He made a mistake and lost, but he will be back and will learn from this loss.

anyway thats all i wanted to say for now.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 7:25 pm

1. Agree

2. Agree. Everybody takes their bumps. GSP. BJ. Spider. It's amazing Fedor went as long as he did without taking a legit one

3. Agree.

4. Werdum got let go from UFC because he was getting paid pretty big money from when he came in..remember, Werdum was regarded as one of the best HW's in the world when UFC signed him. He showed up fat and unmotivated against an then unknown up and comer named Junior dos Santos and got beat up..then weather UFC wanted to restructure his deal to pay him less or Werdum was a free agent, he was asking for more money than UFC was willing to pay him. Werdum would be in UFC at the right price, Strikeforce paid him more. So it's not really a case of UFC giving up on him..if there were not other orgs looking for HW at that time and willing to pay Werdum..he would still be in UFC. We just know how UFC is with money and Werdum's stock was very low after JDS. Werdum has three straight excellent wins...even Mike Kyle's recent winning streak is making that win look better and better everyday.

5. Agree...Fedor will be back. If anything this will lead to a more conservative style with guys like Werdum..it would not happen again unless Werdum just really has the Emelianenko brothers number...having submitted both of them in less than 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 10:54 pm

well put oggy!

i would also like to add since i havent been on in a while.. WTF FEDRO LOST?!?!?!
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:04 pm

well put oggy i agree on all fronts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
well put oggy i agree on all fronts
Hey read my reply on the Hey Bird thread. Sheesh
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:02 am

CainVelasquezFan wrote:
well put oggy!

i would also like to add since i havent been on in a while.. WTF FEDRO LOST?!?!?!

Look out for signs of the Apocalypse!!! No
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyTue Jun 29, 2010 1:11 am

1, 2 and 5
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 3:49 pm

why no love for werdum?
Back to top Go down
KmacLamb23
White Belt
White Belt
KmacLamb23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, Bones Jones, Hendo

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 1:43 pm

If they fight again, I will put my entire bank account on Fedor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor   My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor Empty

Back to top Go down

My thoughts on Werdum vs Fedor
Page 1 of 1