Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:57 am

Happy to see Frank Shamrock get a send off an all time great deserves. I understand why UFC does not do this..with ths PPV model people want to see fights for their money but i hope they do this on fight nights with guys like Chuck and Mirko for when they retire. It would not hurt to do that. I enjoyed that very much, and it was unexpected as well. Congrats on a great career and being one of the innovators of modern MMA. I hope these people appreciate it.

First off...i may bring up that pet peeves thread in the off-topic section again. SPOILERS! A lesser man would have been beaten down without mercy for spoiling the main event for me tonight, as i was watching on tape delay....my brother called me and before i could utter the words "if you seen Strikeforce tonight, keep your fuckin mouth shut" he said "DID WERDUM REALLY BEAT FEDOR?".....the first words out of my mouth were "asshole" but then i said "JIU JITSU JIU JITSU".

Nice come from behind win for JT. Those sherdog fags were all over me when i was defending SF matching up Pat Healy with Thomson, but as i expected...Healy grinded for the whole fight, probably would have won had he not been finished. Nice grappling fight with no real stalling. Excellent save for JT. Good showing by Healy.

Jan "Cabbage II" Finney is now legendary. That dumb bitch ref should have stopped the fight probably pretty early in that first round but FInney kept coming and pretty much did more damage than both Carano and Coenen.

I was against the Le-Smith rematch but this was different. Scotty Smith came in with such a different plan(and disrespect) but it seems he never landed on Cung Le. This is why people love Cung Le. His elusiveness and his unpredictable striking. Way different fighter from the first Smith fighter where in hindsight, he was pretty fuckin predictable. I did not see that last back kick coming. He was on target tonight and schooled Smith far more than he did in the early rounds of their last fight....and the crowd was nuts for this fight...welcome back Cung.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:18 am

Honestly, I thought Healy had JT dead to rights, but he was exhausted after the 2nd and couldn't pressure him in the 3rd. Great patience on JTs part.

Finney won't be nearly as pretty as she used to be after that fight, but she was tough and she did in fact hit Cyborg the Hermaphrodite pretty hard a few times.

Smith-Le? I was hoping for a better match. I like Scott Smith, he is a real gamer with a great chin and punch, but he has failed to expand his MMA game much and it is cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars. Le looked great, but he looked great last time.

I am not a Fedor worshiper as many here are. For the most part I consider myself a realist and analyst of the sport. I saw this coming eventually, whether it was Werdumm, AA, Rogers, whomever it was going to happen. He fought whenever he wanted to, had high demands (through M-1), and was hand picking opponents for the slaughter. However, he wasn't fighting a lot of quality opponents and everybody bashed (and will continue to do so) me for it and acted like I was stupid for even thinking it. I don't think he can beat Brock, Carwin, Cain, or JDS. However, I will say that Werdum deserves all the credit, because he came in with a great plan and executed it flawlessly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:27 am

You're brother ruined the result for you that sucks. I done that to my brother once when I was a kid for Holyfield vs Lewis, I was only ten at the time though.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:31 am

I would have given Thomson the first rnd, Healy the 2nd, and Thomson was again winning the 3rd. His submission attempts negated Healy's control imo. Though he does show a propensity to be outwrestled, despite throwing constant submission pressure the other way.

Le looked good, but the problem with the matchup still remained, no one was excited about it b4 the fight, and it was hard to get excited afterward, but it' over, he avenged the loss and can now move on. Hopefully Le stays busy for the next couple years. That window is closing fast.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:49 pm

I was glad to see Thompson win. I would like to see him go against Melendez a third time one day. For a guy who was out for as long as he was, he gave Gil a great fight and lost by a thin wafer. That said he didn't look great against Healy and is a couple of wins away from a rematch I think. Moderately entertaining.

Cyborg needs to fight dudes. Asia/South America? They can sanction it somewhere. But really, she is gonna get caught one day. She is not untouchable at all. No one has caught her with the super heavy/clean shot though yet, just regular shots. Was entertaining then turned abusive.

Did anyone else notice that Le really seemed to have a cold blooded killer look in his eyes. In between the round, when he was stalking, even for a little while after the ref called it, he looked that serious kind of mean or evil, and I do mean he looked serious. Hopefully that loss did something to his head and makes him go out great for the next year or for how ever long he fights for. Melvin vs Le would almost make too much sense. That's the fight I've been calling for for a long time. Smith will get his chance to lose to smoking Joe like I also called. I was entertained. Le picked him apart in nice fashion.

Franks retirement speech was a let down. He is legend and honor worthy. But his speech was sided, flat, and lacked it which could of been there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 3:09 pm

Funny... I spent the whole weekend on the ocean with the kids teaching those Ling Cod, Cabazon and rock fish who's boss. I didn't get a chance to catch the card until earlier this morning (I love watching MMA on DVR... The whole card in 45 minutes is sick). Of course I had about 100 voicemails, texts and emails about the biggest shocker in the history of the world... But I don't get upset about spoilers who think they're the only one screwing with me. I'm of course not happy that it was Werdum (Who suddenly is getting way more credit than he deserves by many on here for being a top fighter) that upset Fedor, but it is what it is. I was impressed with Le and Cyborg, but both men did exactly as I expected them too. I hoped Smith would find a way to make a fight of it a second time, but knew that wasn't going to happen. I'm still not a big Josh Thomson fan and truly believe he would get schooled by many of the UFC's LW class... That's all...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts   Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Rest of SF: Fedor vs. Werdum thoughts
Page 1 of 1