Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
bobbitt15
LA
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight Empty
PostSubject: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 6:55 pm

Now if they both put on a great fight, that will stage off retirement IMO, but if one gets beat down or just doesn't look right, what should be his next move? I don't think it's ridiculous to think that the winner of the fight could get a Title shot, or fight Cain to get one, but does the loser call it quits? if it were Randy does he try dropping back down to LHW?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:00 pm

How many upper echelon fighters could Randy beat at 205? I see him winning the fight anyway and if plays out like I expect it to then I hope Nog hangs em up
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:01 pm

If Nog isn't dominated and isn't stopped or hurt badly in the fight and still loses that is no reason to retire.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:02 pm

I think depending on how the fight goes of course that Nog will lose and is done. I think randy wins but doesnt deserve a title shot. I think the fight will be a ground war with not a whole lot of action. If Randy was to lose depending on how but he may still continue to fight but there is no way he can go back to LHW in my opion. The speed there is too much for him. Should Nog KO Randy in devastating fashion I also think his career is over. This is a way bigger fight than alot of people think. I got Randy winning in a close but clear cut UD and afterwards with all the injuries Nog maybe done.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:08 pm

Well I said if one is beat down, or for instance Nog looks similar to the Mir fight, then I'd rather see him know when to quit, then have to witness another great fighter have a sad exit.

Wolfy, whats with ur quote?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:11 pm

tolivendiewithLA wrote:
Well I said if one is beat down, or for instance Nog looks similar to the Mir fight, then I'd rather see him know when to quit, then have to witness another great fighter have a sad exit.

Wolfy, whats with ur quote?

I actually think Nog is very lucky to be fighting Randy and not some1 that is a big puncher. I dont think he can take the punches anymore so lucky for him Randy will probably take him down.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 7:23 pm

A lot of it depends on how the fight goes. If either get completely destroyed then the loser could/should think about hanging it up.

Now if it is a close competitive fight then they should keep fighting.

Now the winner needs to face one of the less proven guys like Cain (if he wins), Carwin (if he loses), or Dos Santos (if he wins).
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Quote :
Now the winner needs to face one of the less
proven guys like Cain (if he wins), Carwin (if he loses), or Dos Santos
(if he wins).

The winner should fight him if he wins. While I would fear for his safety, in all truth I'd want to see the capt have one final go at it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Though I would rather be shot and killed and have my country fall to Islamist terrorist, I reluctantly agree with Wolf. Now excuse me while I go throw up.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:13 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :
Now the winner needs to face one of the less
proven guys like Cain (if he wins), Carwin (if he loses), or Dos Santos
(if he wins).

The winner should fight him if he wins. While I would fear for his safety, in all truth I'd want to see the capt have one final go at it.

They each just had a title shot. Neither was a dominate champ so why would 1 win get them an auto title shot? I think the winner of this should fight Cain (if he wins) and then the winner of that would get the title shot in early spring.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:47 pm

Honestly, I think if Randy loses he should retire. I'd hate to see him go but if he can't beat Nog at this point he's not gonna beat Brock and at his age if he's not fighting for the title then why fight at all. I wouldn't be completely against a move to LHW but I don't think he can win a title there either.

I don't think Nog is as close to retirement as Randy is. If he loses I don't see any reason why he should retire.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 9:59 pm

Bigs03 wrote:
Honestly, I think if Randy loses he should retire. I'd hate to see him go but if he can't beat Nog at this point he's not gonna beat Brock and at his age if he's not fighting for the title then why fight at all. I wouldn't be completely against a move to LHW but I don't think he can win a title there either.

I don't think Nog is as close to retirement as Randy is. If he loses I don't see any reason why he should retire.

What if he gets beasted like he did against Mir. I dont think that will happen cause Randy isnt that type of fighter but hell I didnt think Mir was either.
Back to top Go down
Bigs03
Black Belt
Black Belt
Bigs03

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor and GSP

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight EmptySun Aug 23, 2009 10:03 pm

timthebim wrote:
Bigs03 wrote:

What if he gets beasted like he did against Mir. I dont think that will happen cause Randy isnt that type of fighter but hell I didnt think Mir was either.

To me the only reason he should retire now is if there are legit health concerns because of the beatings he's taken over the years. Apart from that I think the guy can still fight. It's been well documented that he was not healthy when he fought Mir and while I think if they fought again Mir would still beat him, it wouldn't be near as dominating of a performance.

I'm with you, though, Randy is going to take this to the ground and Nog is dangerous there. Randy's probably going to gNp his way to a decision but I wouldn't be totally surprised to see Nog pull something out his ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight   What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight Empty

Back to top Go down

What becomes of the loser of the Randy/Nog fight
Page 1 of 1