Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
Birdofthad
captain organic
timthebim
8 posters
AuthorMessage
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! Empty
PostSubject: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 6:35 pm

I was just reading and as if they needed any other motivation to win the big fight they have saturday and recieve a title shot it is now being reported that the loser will be Shane Carwins next opponent. I will be rooting for Big Country either way but that sets up another very good matchup with the loser and the winner. What do u guys think about the loser vs Carwin??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 7:55 pm

YES ! YES ! YES !

I get to watch Roy Nelson put in a coma twice, praise Zeus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:01 pm

I was thinking the same thing about JDS LOL.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:02 pm

timthebim wrote:

Cigano is going to crush flubber belly.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Cigano is going to crush flubber belly.

He should but I wouldnt be shocked to see Big Country pull it off!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:48 pm

that is a tough matchup coming off a loss. I figure whoever loses, will also lose to Carwin.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 11:54 pm

sounds awesome
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 am

If Nelson could avoid being meattrucked and turn it into a grappling match he could easily wear the giant man out and turn things around later in the fight.

Dos Santos would box circles around Carwin. But could he stop the takedown?

Nelson win or lose against Dos Santos is the tougher matchup for Carwin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:19 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
If Nelson could avoid being meattrucked and turn it into a grappling match he could easily wear the giant man out and turn things around later in the fight.

Dos Santos would box circles around Carwin. But could he stop the takedown?

Nelson win or lose against Dos Santos is the tougher matchup for Carwin.

totally disagree with the latter portion of your post.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:23 am

Well, don't stop there capt...explain.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:27 am

There are still too many questions about Jr's ground game to accurately assess a fight with Carwin. Hopefully some of those get answered Saturday. On the feet Carwin would be in a world of trouble
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:38 am

Bobbit touches the core of why I favor Roy Nelson over JDS against Shane Carwin.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:40 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:

basically, Cigano is the better fighter, the bigger fighter, (I don't care how much Nelson weigh's, he is a fat 205er) and would offer Carwin all sorts of problems in the standup. Sure I could see Carwin GnP'ing either of em, but I think Santos is the much bigger threat.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:41 am

I gotta agree with Wolf here.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:47 am

captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

basically, Cigano is the better fighter, the bigger fighter, (I don't care how much Nelson weigh's, he is a fat 205er) and would offer Carwin all sorts of problems in the standup. Sure I could see Carwin GnP'ing either of em, but I think Santos is the much bigger threat.

If it was all stand up yeah. If Roy gets either one to the mat I think he wins. Carwin may be able to get up once or twice, but six months of cardio won't help him beat a guy like Roy on the ground. He will only take away from his strength then so it is a lose-lose game against Roy. Carwin better get a fight over with Roy in the first round if he wants to win. The only question I have is, can Roy withstand a pounding like Brock did? I think his BJJ will help him out there though. Brock laid down and blocked with his arms, where Roy would be smart and skilled enough to keep Carwin close enough to not let those big bombs work him like that.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:01 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
KingsOwn19 wrote:

If it was all stand up yeah. If Roy gets either one to the mat I think he wins. Carwin may be able to get up once or twice, but six months of cardio won't help him beat a guy like Roy on the ground. He will only take away from his strength then so it is a lose-lose game against Roy. Carwin better get a fight over with Roy in the first round if he wants to win. The only question I have is, can Roy withstand a pounding like Brock did? I think his BJJ will help him out there though. Brock laid down and blocked with his arms, where Roy would be smart and skilled enough to keep Carwin close enough to not let those big bombs work him like that.

a)No I don't think Roy survives the onslaught.

b)I don't see Carwin exerting nearly a much energy vs Roy.

c)Shane probably learned his lesson vs Brock.

d)Gabe rocked Carwin standing.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:14 am

Roy has as good but likely better boxing skills than Carwin and much better boxing than Brock Lesnar, and I think at this point he has proven he has stopping power. 10 of his last 12 fights won KO/TKO. His submission game is absolutely legit and if Shane Carwin can be submitted by Brock Lesnar he can be submitted by Roy Nelson.

Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:37 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Roy has as good but likely better boxing skills than Carwin and much better boxing than Brock Lesnar, and I think at this point he has proven he has stopping power. 10 of his last 12 fights won KO/TKO. His submission game is absolutely legit and if Shane Carwin can be submitted by Brock Lesnar he can be submitted by Roy Nelson.

If Carwin gassed vs Nelson the way he did vs Brock then I agree, otherwise I see it being pretty difficult for Roy to submit Carwin.

as far as boxing skills go, I have Carwin by KO all day long.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 10:07 am

I am rooting for the big guy against jds but roy is way too slow and is going to get eatin alive in the first round. This is a no brainer. Roy better get it to the ground to have any chance in hell.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 12:53 pm

Why KO for Carwin all day long? Roy lands on the temple first and it's over. He has similar one punch ability. Also we know exactly dick about Carwin's sub defense against legit submission artists. He's never been tested that way.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:37 pm

now I really want dos santos to lose so I can see carwin vs dos santos but doubt that will be the case.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 pm

sokolkevin wrote:
now I really want dos santos to lose so I can see carwin vs dos santos but doubt that will be the case.

I hope the same thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!   Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin! Empty

Back to top Go down

Junoir Dos Santos-Big Country Loser to fight Carwin!
Page 1 of 1