Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Randy's last Fight ever!

Go down 
+5
OU
killerofchicken
Andrew the Raider King
SOKO
corydd7
9 posters
AuthorMessage
corydd7
Green Belt
Green Belt
corydd7

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone with the name Silva, Chris Leben, Nick Diaz, Don Frye

Randy's last Fight ever! Empty
PostSubject: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:45 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=6385203
If he wins does the UFC give him a title shot to sucker him in for one more fight? I give him way more of a chance against Machida then alot of people but not much against Jones. In my opinion I believe him its his last fight and I think its a great time to hangum up.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 3:53 pm

yeah from what I hear its mostly due to all the other business options he has lined up in the future which would take away his ability to train properly for a fight. I dont think it has anything to do with age as we all know. If he beats machida it will make it hard for him to leave but on a good note to do so.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:39 am

I love Randy. Plain and simple, just love the guy. Whether he wins or loses, I hope he does hang em up though. Even with his longevity in the sport, it is tough watching one of your heroes in the sport, wear down, chin diminish, and speed slacken. What has kept Randy on top for so long, his Greco-Roman wrestling, is so inclusive in the sport that his advantages have slowly waned too. Regardless of outcome, Randy is certainly 1 of the 4 faces on the Mount Rushmore of MMA, along with Royce. Great fighter, great run.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 10:29 am

he's had a hell ova career and he's been at it for what seems like forever
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 8:49 am

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/4/21/2125568/watching-chuck-liddell-get-knocked-out-prompted-randy-couture-to-call
Quote :
"I felt horrible for Chuck. Everybody was chatting about him retiring. He's been such an amazing champion and he had such an aura around him. To have him drop the last couple in the way he did, it just sucked. The way the fans talked about him, it was very disappointing. I felt bad for him. There had to be an end. I'm not crazy. I'm not nuts. I realize it's not going to last forever. So why not take control and do it on my terms? When I want to do it and not because I've been knocked out the last three times and nobody wants to see me get beat up again? I never want to have that conversation with anybody."
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:32 am

Well Chuck didn't have the luxury of fighting Coleman, Vera, and James Toney. But I see his point
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Well Chuck didn't have the luxury of fighting Coleman, Vera, and James Toney. But I see his point

Good point. Chuck went from Rampage to Jardine to Wanderlei to Rashad to Shogun to Franklin. 5 of those 6 were #1 in the world at one time.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:42 am

bobbitt15 wrote:

I agree. Would have been much better if Chuck got to KO Tito instead of get KO'd by Rich to end his career. Fucking Tito and his injuries.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:43 am

A wrestler can continue longer than a striker. The way Randy fights there is less chance of a KO than the way Chuck fought.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 11:24 am

freakzilla wrote:
A wrestler can continue longer than a striker. The way Randy fights there is less chance of a KO than the way Chuck fought.

Unless he is fighting against Chuck
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 5:12 pm

OU wrote:
bobbitt15 wrote:

I agree. Would have been much better if Chuck got to KO Tito instead of get KO'd by Rich to end his career. Fucking Tito and his injuries.

like the other poster mentioned, a wrestler can go on longer than a striker can in thier mma career. for that , at this point in their careers, chuck wouldnt of been able to ko tito. maybe get a decision but not ko. at this point, those few shots from tito that did nothing to chuck back in 06, would stunn him or at least make him more cautious and hold back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Randy's last Fight ever!   Randy's last Fight ever! Empty

Back to top Go down

Randy's last Fight ever!
Page 1 of 1