Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4

Go down 
+3
MMAEYES
captain organic
OU
7 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 Empty
PostSubject: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 am

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20742/strikeforce-henderson-vs-babalu-slated-for-dec-4-walker-in-co-headliner.mma
A long-rumored matchup between Dan Henderson (25-8 MMA, 0-1 SF) and Renato "Babalu" Sobral (36-8 MMA, 2-1 SF) will headline a currently unannounced Strikeforce event slated for Dec. 4 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis.

The fight is set for the light-heavyweight division and will air live on Showtime, according to multiple sources close to the event, who told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that the promotion formally will announce the event early next week.

Additionally, Herschel Walker (1-0 MMA, 1-0 SF) is expected to fight in the event's co-headliner against an opponent to be determined.

A heavyweight matchup between Fedor Emelianenko (31-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) and Antonio Silva (14-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) is unlikely to take place at the Dec. 4 event, but it may be targeted for an event in January that's yet to receive a date and location, sources said.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:41 am

cool(though I did prefer Hendo vs Gegard), winner gets title shot I assume.

Hope Kyle gets a shot b4 then.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:29 am

Damn Babalu is gonna get KOed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:38 am

I think Babalu takes this, Hendo is ancient and extremely inactive.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
I think Babalu takes this, Hendo is ancient and extremely inactive.

Babalu should have lost his catchweight fight to Robbie...Hendo eats him alive.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:23 pm

I like Babalu but he can't beat Hendo on the feet, no way he'll be the first to KO Henderson, his wrestling can hang with Hendo's. His one hope in this fight is to somehow catch Hendo in a sub. All I got to say to Babalu is keep circling left bro.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:30 pm

MMAEYES wrote:
I like Babalu but he can't beat Hendo on the feet, no way he'll be the first to KO Henderson, his wrestling can hang with Hendo's. His one hope in this fight is to somehow catch Hendo in a sub. All I got to say to Babalu is keep circling left bro.

His wrestling couldn't even take and keep Robbie down, no way his wrestling hangs with Hendo. I don't see any way Babalu wins this unless Hendo has nothing left in the tank.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 pm

Babalu beat Robbie.

I got Hendo here but i got a good competitive fight.

Never saw their first fight but seeing as Hendo won by majority decision, that shows it was a competitive fight. Of course that was in Rings which i'm not sure means anything in modern MMA.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Babalu beat Robbie.

I got Hendo here but i got a good competitive fight.

Never saw their first fight but seeing as Hendo won by majority decision, that shows it was a competitive fight. Of course that was in Rings which i'm not sure means anything in modern MMA.

I thought Robbie got robbed....anyways the fight was very close. Babalu didn't do well with his wrestling which was the point of the comment.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:23 pm

Gotta go Hendo. He hits harder and Ii think he can be a better on the ground should they end up there. Both guy have serious miles.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:28 pm

Kings Rings was a cool organization that had some good tournaments
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:19 am

Babalu beat Robbie, but Hendo will take him
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 2:55 am

Birdofthad wrote:
Kings Rings was a cool organization that had some good tournaments

I agree...but no ground n pound? A lot of things went by in RINGS that would not happen in any other org. Like Babalu not getting gnp'd to death by Fedor which would have happened in a league that allowed GnP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4   Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hendo vs Babalu Dec.4
Page 1 of 1