Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.

Go down 
+2
throwdownfight1
SOKO
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. Empty
PostSubject: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 9:56 am

Thoughts? Does hendo deserve another title shot this quick even though its at 205 and does babalu deserve another shot this quick after gegard owned him or is strikeforce so fucking weak that they have no choice but to put these two back in the mix.
Also who wins this match up and who wins the tile fight? I am going with my boy Dan.

"The winner of the upcoming Strikeforce main event fight on December 4 in St. Louis, Missouri between Dan Henderson and Renato "Babalu" Sobral will receive a title shot against Rafael "Feijao" Cavalcante, according to MMA Weekly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am

They are that weak. Who are Mo and Gegard fighting next?
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:51 am

Last edited by throwdownfight1 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
throwdownfight1
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Matt Hughes,Tito Ortiz,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 10:55 am

how bout throw mike kyle in the mix. He currently is on a 5 fight win streak and still has a win over rafael a little more than a year ago
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 am

It makes since to me. Babalu turned down a title shot so obviously he is right there regardless of being fucked up by Gergard. And you know they are trying to get Hendo a title fast to get the most out of signing him which blew up in their faces thanks to Jake Shields. So yeah to me this sounds right, I'd rather see Gegard fight Cavalcante, or even a Cavalcante/Mo rematch, but this still makes since to me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 11:26 am

Will I ever get the chance to see Hendo vs Mousasi ?
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:08 pm

Mousasi isn't coming back until 2011 against an unnamed opponent as of yet, Mo is out for a while, and Kyle is scheduled to fight Gracie
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 1:58 pm

Not liking it that much. Thought Kyle deserved the shot, but understand the need to build his name up. I also understand the desire to get a big name in there to fight Cavalcante, who despite being champ, is still pretty much unknown. As far as timeline goes, Kyle was supposed to be on the Dec card, but got pushed back, so if they wanted to go the Kyle route, they could have.

But, no Im not stoked about that elimination match.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:00 pm

I think Babalu is going to win and I'm not excited at all about seeing him in a title shot given how easily he was disposed of by Mousasi
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 2:17 pm

I think it is a good fight. SF has the best non Pride non UFC stable of LHW's ever assembled with 5-6 solid names. Not hatin'.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.   Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hendo/Babalu winner gets shot at Cavalcante.
Page 1 of 1