Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? Empty
PostSubject: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:34 am

Does anyone know the status of his contract with Sengoku, has it expired?

How many fights is he connected to M-1 for? You'd think Strikeforce would gladly want his services.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:48 am

found this -
Quote :
Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal explores free agency, eyes August fight with Don Frye
by John Morgan on Jul 13, 2009 at 9:05 am ET
Undefeated prospect Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal (4-0), currently a free agent after completing a four-fight deal with World Victory Road's Sengoku organization, looks to return to action in an August bout with MMA legend Don Frye (20-7-1).

Lawal recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) he has verbally agreed to an August contest under the M-1 banner, and he hopes to sign a non-exclusive contract with the organization in the near future.

The 28-year-old Lawal said he is then open to fighting in any organization – provided the contract is in his best interest.

"I'll fight anybody," Lawal said. "Brock (Lesnar), I don't care. I'm a mercenary for the cash. But at the same time, I want the experience.

"I like to fight a lot. Right now I'm just in the early stages of my career. I feel like I need to stay busy and fight and beat bigger names."

Lawal, who debuted professionally in September 2008, has remained undefeated through four fights against opponents with a combined record of 91-28-4.

Lawal has missed the past three months while recovering from surgery on an injured ACL. Once he returns to action, Lawal said he's open to fighting from 185 pounds up to heavyweight.

"I can cut to 185 (pounds)," Lawal said. "It's a three-week process. I'll fight at 205 (pounds). I'll fight heavyweight. Wherever I can get the most money and the most fights is where I'll fight."

Before he finds a more permanent home, Lawal expects to face Frye on Aug. 29 at an as-yet-unannounced M-1 event in Los Angeles. Frye told MMAjunkie.com he had been working on a potential bout with Bobby Lashley, but negotiations have apparently fallen through.

A 13-plus-year veteran who debuted professionally at UFC 8, Frye last fought in a May submission win over Rich Moss in the Texas-based Shark Fight promotion.
http://mmajunkie.com/news/15494/muhammed-king-mo-lawal-explores-free-agency-eyes-august-fight-with-don-frye.mma
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:49 am

I think as long as things go well with M-1 and he wins, the M1-Dream-Force alliance will grab him.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 12:18 pm

so has that Aug 29th fight been set yet? The article was from july 13th, and even that didn't give much time to set up and then promote a succesful card. But we're only 3 weeks away now.

Why are any of these guys signing with m-1?
Back to top Go down
CombatSports4Life
Green Belt
Green Belt
CombatSports4Life

Favorite Fighter(s) : FEDOR

PostSubject: Re: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 2:55 pm

He's definitely in the loop now. You can bet your ass M-1 is going to put all there resources into SF because of the exposure.
Back to top Go down
muayjitsu
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
muayjitsu

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wand, Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Cain, Vitor, Tito, SHOGUN

PostSubject: Re: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:47 am

YES!!! If i could invest in a fighter like the stock market id be buying this guys shares.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?   King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner? Empty

Back to top Go down

King Mo a future opponent for Mousasi/Babalu winner?
Page 1 of 1