Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?

Go down 
+12
Ring
4445Frank
WinstonSmith
Diego408
dmar5143
flapanther2001
hardcoreBEE24
Birdofthad
captainanddew
Groundhog_Day
Wolfgangsta
marbleheadmaui
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? Empty
PostSubject: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=5580784

I know jack squat about the Las Vegas or Nevada law enforcement attitudes or procedures. But FOUR felony charges sounds to me like someone is going to have to beat them in court or that a plea bargain would involve at least some jail time.

Anybody got any expertise in this?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Eight charges -- including two felony counts of coercion for threatening his children -- have been filed in Nevada against Floyd Mayweather Jr. stemming from a domestic violence incident last week, according to reports in Las Vegas.

Mayweather also has been charged with a felony count of robbery and one of grand larceny, in addition to four misdemeanors -- one for battery domestic violence and three for harassment.

According to a police arrest report made public Monday, Mayweather Jr. gave his ex-girlfriend $200 to put under their daughter's pillow for a lost tooth before threatening, hitting and taking a cell phone from the woman.

Mayweather was arrested and jailed briefly Sept. 10 on an original charge of felony grand larceny for allegedly stealing his ex-girlfriend's iPhone. He was released that day on $3,000 bail.

A court date for Mayweather is set for Nov. 9.

8 counts total, four felonies, all relating to domestic violence and controlling. They will make an example out of him. He's going to jail, flat fucking out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:47 pm

However, Nevada's boxing commission is corrupt and also has ridiculous influence, and Mayweather is still a big meal ticket for the state, so stranger things have happened.

Mayweather not going to jail would be a crime in that of itself.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:50 pm

The most ironic thing would be if Floyd goes to jail, comes back heavy, is forced to fight Martinez because Pac is retired and he needs money.

Martinez, who has a campaign against violence against women, calls Floyd out on it exactly the way Floyd did to Corrales.

Then, Martinez smacks Floyd and takes his zero just like Floyd did to Corrales.

Now I hope that none of the domestic violence is true. But if he did do it and does go to jail, it would be almost poetic if the above happened.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Marble,
I'm an attorney but I do no criminal work (nor would I ever want to). High profile celebrity. I really don't see prosecutors going after him unless they feel that have a pretty good likelihood of attaining a conviction.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:59 pm

Quote :
Marble,
I'm an attorney but I do no criminal work (nor would I ever want to). High profile celebrity. I really don't see prosecutors going after him unless they feel that have a pretty good likelihood of attaining a conviction.

It sounds like they have a lot of evidence. They wouldn't have charged him with 8 counts if they weren't ready to go after him big time.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Marble,

so your guess is any plea involves jail time? If Floyd fights it then there goes the next year anyway, right?

AAAAAAARGHH
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:14 pm

marble - absolutely don't be surprised if Floyd gets off relatively easy for this, but Pacman vs Mayweather gets scheduled for Vegas around the exact same time.

Personally I almost hope the prosecutor runs that game.

Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:07 pm

so the witness in question on 4 felony counts is someone that has admitted to lying to officers before about the same individual

FLoyd should be able to make that go away with a good lawyer, she isnt credible

the grand larceny over the iphone is a joke and a prosecuter wants to see his name in the paper
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
so the witness in question on 4 felony counts is someone that has admitted to lying to officers before about the same individual

the grand larceny over the iphone is a joke and a prosecuter wants to see his name in the paper

What about his KID? That's what I'm curious about.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:16 pm

thats gonna be the deal breaker right there
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Plaxico Burress got two years, Ben Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant got nothing. I think it's a popularity contest and Floyd isn't too popular. He was also questioned about guns and a shooting not too long ago and has been involved in two domestic situations prior to this one. I'm not saying he'll be convicted but I think the prosecutor will try to build a major case against this guy though.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:43 pm

Quote :

You're acting like it takes away her right to be a victim.

That damages her credibility, true, but the general perception was he paid/coerced her to say that and he committed the violence all along. You think this is the first time someone has been charged with domestic after an earlier incident where the victim all of a sudden changed her mind? This situation is almost the norm for domestic violence arrests. Even if she changed her story before, even a decent prosecutor can still use that to establish a pattern of violence in the relationship.

Anyway they have statements from at least one of Mayweather's kids that he was attacking their mother and that he took all their cellphones. I believe they found them in his possession. Immediately that is dead to rights on the larceny charge but that further counts shows him trying to obstruct justice and shows him using classic abuser power and control tactics.

Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:45 pm

Quote :
Plaxico Burress got two years, Ben Roethlisberger and Kobe Bryant got nothing. I think it's a popularity contest and Floyd isn't too popular. He was also questioned about guns and a shooting not too long ago and has been involved in two domestic situations prior to this one. I'm not saying he'll be convicted but I think the prosecutor will try to build a major case against this guy though.

Plax violated strict state gunlaws and unlawfully discharged a weapon in a club that could have killed by standers. Ben is a creep but there isn't enough evidence and one of his accusers was probably flat out lying, and Kobe's accuser was proven to be a disgusting lying tramp who is closer to the Duke accuser than a real victim. I know you're not comparing all three situations.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Does anyone think that Floyd took the phone to keep her from calling the police before he had a chance to leave the scene?
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Quote :

Plax violated strict state gunlaws and unlawfully discharged a weapon in a club that could have killed by standers. Ben is a creep but there isn't enough evidence and one of his accusers was probably flat out lying, and Kobe's accuser was proven to be a disgusting lying tramp who is closer to the Duke accuser than a real victim. I know you're not comparing all three situations.

People get knocked for guns here all the time and rarely get two years without being convicted of priors. Kobe's chick was as big a liar as Mayweathers baby mother. She got called a slut basically and recanted her story and as the victim was going to have to testify and she said no. Its three different crimes but I do feel a judge or grand jury cab have a bias toward celebrities. Lindsay Logan missed like seven court dates before getting locked up for dui and coke. If that were me or you there is no way we would have been given such treatment. Celebs get the treatment we don't. Floyd has been close to more than a few problems over the years all violent. He's showing a pattern. A judge or grand jury might take that into consideration. Just a thought that's all.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:39 pm

His victim is only a liar because her abuser coerced her into recanting. It's not the same at all.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:41 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Does anyone think that Floyd took the phone to keep her from calling the police before he had a chance to leave the scene?

That's probably the primary reason he did it. Or to otherwise try and control her. They split in May, she has a new guy and could give a fuck what Floyd thinks now and he has to try to maintain control elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
His victim is only a liar because her abuser coerced her into recanting. It's not the same at all.

And Kobe's was slandered into retraction. I already said they weren't the same. I was making a point about celebs being bigger than the law. And how popularity may dictate whether or not a celeb sees a cell.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:38 pm

hes pleaded no contest twice to violence domesticaly before..thats like in some areas a guilty verdit..theres a strong possibilty which i believe to be true is she changed her mind before cause floyd sweet talked her with money...her credabilty will stand up over floyds in court..evicted from his office non paying of taxes and the 2 no contests and more ..the kid calling for help by hopping the fence and who he asked for help can all testfy to a certain degree..hes done..at least on that charge which will result in some jail time and not a paris hilton type sentence...i personaly dont care for a fight with manny or anyone else..there are things in life far more important then a dam frigging fight....his arragence needs to be taught a lesson..this time she will stand up and testify..
whats floyd do a day or 2 later..he asks 50 cent to be his best man and he plasters the new GF photos all over the net for floyd..thats floyds damage control...enough of this punk..
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

You need to read the police report. The sister and kids also gave statements.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:41 pm

Geepers Laughing that's so American.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:11 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

What would you have said? "Bloody He'll"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:12 am

hardcoreBEE24 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

What would you have said? "Bloody He'll"?

" Crumpets and Tea Flod is off to jail."
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:15 am

Ali_1748 wrote:

That's 1950's American to you sir!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?   GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL? Empty

Back to top Go down

GEEPERS, IS FLOYD GOING TO JAIL?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next