Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greatest Ever Fighter?

Go down 
+7
acccardinal12
GDPofDRC
LTFG
NoRegret
Andrew the Raider King
OU
Wolfgangsta
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Greatest Ever Fighter?
Muhammed Ali
Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Joe Louis
Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Sugar Ray Robinson
Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_lcap56%Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 56% [ 10 ]
Fedor Emelianenko
Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_lcap17%Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Anderson Silva
Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
GSP
Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:34 pm

You get significantly more damage from boxing or kickboxing where blows are constantly landing and the ref pulls fighters who clinch apart. Joshua Clottey took more punches in one fight with Pacman than Couture has his entire career.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 5:51 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
You get significantly more damage from boxing or kickboxing where blows are constantly landing and the ref pulls fighters who clinch apart. Joshua Clottey took more punches in one fight with Pacman than Couture has his entire career.

I meant more body parts. Especially knee and back.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
I'll go ahead and start where this thread will eventually end up and say Chuck Norris.

This thread only survives outside the trash realm for the dearth of activity in the MMA section, you'll get nothing more than the above comment out of me.

Puss
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:50 pm

soonermark890 wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
LikesToFightGuy wrote:
Before you ever heard of MMA, what did you call boxers? Was and is a boxer not called a fighter? Just because there's a new kid on the block doesn't take away from the history of a sport that reaches back hundreds of years. They are fighters... Just a different skillset and rule sheet.

Before MMA? Why does that have any relevance to a question asked today? Boxers can be called fighters there is nothing wrong with that, but fighting encompasses more than just boxing.
That just depends on the rules. What about K1? what about a street fight? Even MMA has rules they have to follow. Does that make since?
OK well there are a ton of rules in MMA right? Who is to say that a Marine or one of the most bad ass Green Beret's ever is not the greatest fighter ever. When they fight there are no rules so by your definition they are the most bad ass ever right? Maybe I am the greatest fighter of all time I have never lost a fight in my life and I fight with no rules so there for I am the most complete fighter because I can punch in the balls. The ONLY way to measure this is comparing careers.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:52 pm

This premise was a disaster waiting to happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Unbelievable garbage. The results and arguments are embarrassing really. What the fuck?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 7:08 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
In MMA you get much more damage than in a boxing match so you can't expect a good MMA fighter to ever have a 100 fight career. Also, like I stated in the boxing section if SRR was fighting today he would've never fought as much as he did in his day.

WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana White disagrees with you

BIG TIME

Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 08, 2010 11:25 pm

The question is how would boxers in the past have done if MMA was there sport? I think they would have been badass MMA fighters. I would hate to think of Tyson as a wrestler with his punching. Mike Tyson would have devoured guys back in the 90's in MMA if he had trained during his teens and 20's in MMA. He would've dominated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:49 am

Birdofthad wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
In MMA you get much more damage than in a boxing match so you can't expect a good MMA fighter to ever have a 100 fight career. Also, like I stated in the boxing section if SRR was fighting today he would've never fought as much as he did in his day.

WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dana White disagrees with you

BIG TIME

Yeah, because Dana always speaks the truth and is always right about everything Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever Fighter?   Greatest Ever Fighter? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Greatest Ever Fighter?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3