Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?

Go down 
+4
Birdofthad
bobbitt15
timthebim
chorky777
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Anderson Silva
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap44%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
GSP
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap11%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Matt Hughes
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap22%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 4 ]
Chuck Liddell
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap0%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Randy Couture
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap11%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Brock Lesnar
 0% [ 0 ]
BJ Penn
 0% [ 0 ]
Royce Gracie
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap6%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Tito Ortiz
 0% [ 0 ]
Frank Shamrock
Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_lcap6%Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage

Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Empty
PostSubject: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:59 am

Based on their fights just in the UFC.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Weidman, McGregor, Pettis, Cowboy

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:15 am

It has to be Anderson. He's undefeated and with the possible exception of GSP, has fought the most top guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 am

I agree that he's the best and he's cleaned out the middleweight division though some people would argue his division is the weakest. If he did the same in Light-Heavyweight there would be no argument.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:38 am

I went with Randy Couture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 8:47 am

timthebim wrote:

With a record of 16-7?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:30 am

I didnt just look at the records I looked at the guys he beat and also when he beat them. Not to mention the guy won titles in multiple divisions so I know I will probably be the only guy who votes for him but he is my pick.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:00 am

timthebim wrote:
I didnt just look at the records I looked at the guys he beat and also when he beat them. Not to mention the guy won titles in multiple divisions so I know I will probably be the only guy who votes for him but he is my pick.

I thought your argument was going to be based on more than what he did in the cage. More along the lines of how he helped popularize the sport. That's certainly something I can follow. I would still argue somebody else, but it's a defensible position. But the argument based on who he beat and when he beat them, I would think would have to go to the more recent champs, and in the tougher divisions. Georges St. Pierre beating Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Josh Koscheck, and Matt Hughes is much tougher than Randy beating on Tito Ortiz, Tim Sylvia, Gabriel Gonzaga, and even Chuck Liddell. The fact is, the fighters are better now. GSP is fighting against better rounded fighters, in a tougher division with more on the line, not a bunch of one trick heavyweights.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Silva's undefeated in the UFC against top competition, I don't see how it can be anyone else.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:39 pm

Ali wrote:
Silva's undefeated in the UFC against top competition, I don't see how it can be anyone else.
I could see GSP, because he's beaten better competition. The only knock on him is that he does have 2 losses. However, he avenged those losses, so it makes it tough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 3:49 pm

chorky777 wrote:
Ali wrote:
I could see GSP, because he's beaten better competition. The only knock on him is that he does have 2 losses. However, he avenged those losses, so it makes it tough.

GSP got knocked out during his title reign, Silva submitted a steroid enhanced wrestler during his.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:09 pm

GSP's wins are better than Anderson's to the extent that I can look past 2 avenged losses

Karo, Heiron, Hughes, Mayhem, Trigg, Sherk, Penn, Hughes, Serra, Kos, Hughes, Serra, Fitch, Penn, Alves, Hardy

OR

Leben, Franklin, Lutter, Nate, Franklin, Hendo, Irvin, Cote, Leites, Forrest, Maia, and Chael

Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:10 pm

And if they ever fight GSP will firmly move ahead of him Smile
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:16 pm

I voted for the wrong person though lol
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 pm

Record setter and undefeated

Frank Shamrock
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
timthebim wrote:

With a record of 16-7?

I thought we were just looking at UFC fights.

Anyway, Anderson without needed to even discuss it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 4:59 pm

chorky777 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I thought your argument was going to be based on more than what he did in the cage. More along the lines of how he helped popularize the sport. That's certainly something I can follow. I would still argue somebody else, but it's a defensible position. But the argument based on who he beat and when he beat them, I would think would have to go to the more recent champs, and in the tougher divisions. Georges St. Pierre beating Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves, Josh Koscheck, and Matt Hughes is much tougher than Randy beating on Tito Ortiz, Tim Sylvia, Gabriel Gonzaga, and even Chuck Liddell. The fact is, the fighters are better now. GSP is fighting against better rounded fighters, in a tougher division with more on the line, not a bunch of one trick heavyweights.

Are the Thiago wins really that impressive now? Also Randy beat Timmy and Gabe in a different weight class. GSP has a SUPER fight in another weight class and wont budge. I guess it all comes down to every1s opinion so there really isnt any wrong answers but I will stick with Randy.
Back to top Go down
chorky777
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:37 pm

timthebim wrote:
chorky777 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Are the Thiago wins really that impressive now? Also Randy beat Timmy and Gabe in a different weight class. GSP has a SUPER fight in another weight class and wont budge. I guess it all comes down to every1s opinion so there really isnt any wrong answers but I will stick with Randy.

I don't know what you mean by the Thiago wins, but I'll assume you mean the one Thiago win, and I'll say, "Hell yes!" Thiago Alves is the third best welterweight out there. He has only lost to the two top guys in the division in the last five years. In that time, he beat Koscheck (admittedly coming in on short notice), Hughes, and Lytle. All of those guys are at least borderline top 10 welterweights. As for beating Sylvia and Gonzaga at a different weight class... who cares? Those guys aren't that good of fighters. They don't have well rounded skills that you would have to account for. Just about all of the elite light heavies could have gone and beaten those guys. Winning at heavyweight before very recently just wasn't that impressive.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:17 pm

Royce Gracie gets my vote.The guy fought four times in one night,while being outweighed considerably in most of his fights.Back in the early days there were no three minute rounds or as many rules.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 6:41 pm

Franks my number 1 Royce 2 Anderson 3
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:10 pm

chorky777 wrote:
timthebim wrote:
chorky777 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

I don't know what you mean by the Thiago wins, but I'll assume you mean the one Thiago win, and I'll say, "Hell yes!" Thiago Alves is the third best welterweight out there. He has only lost to the two top guys in the division in the last five years. In that time, he beat Koscheck (admittedly coming in on short notice), Hughes, and Lytle. All of those guys are at least borderline top 10 welterweights. As for beating Sylvia and Gonzaga at a different weight class... who cares? Those guys aren't that good of fighters. They don't have well rounded skills that you would have to account for. Just about all of the elite light heavies could have gone and beaten those guys. Winning at heavyweight before very recently just wasn't that impressive.

I meant win sorry most of added a S.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 7:56 pm

Matt Hughes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 10:25 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
timthebim wrote:

With a record of 16-7?

16-7 is his record in the UFC. Outside it's 3-3.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 11:12 pm

freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
timthebim wrote:

With a record of 16-7?

I knew that. I don't know why I replied like that though. I was wrong on a GSP fight yesterday too. I'm slippin yo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 12:58 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
Wolfgangsta wrote:
freakzilla316ftw wrote:
timthebim wrote:

With a record of 16-7?

I knew that. I don't know why I replied like that though. I was wrong on a GSP fight yesterday too. I'm slippin yo.

I heard that starts to happen when you reach 10,000 posts tongue
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:09 am

empty can rattles the most syndrome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest Ever UFC Fighter?   Greatest Ever UFC Fighter? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next