Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant

Go down 
+11
taylorfleig
Groundhog_Day
SlickMoneyXL
hardcoreBEE24
dbudge87
Canvas
marbleheadmaui
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
powerpuncher
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

Favorite Fighter(s) : Manny Pacquiao

Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:58 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:
Is that King Arthur doing step aerobics??? Definitely a WTF moment.

Yup that's Abe doing aerobics from the 7th episode of fight camp 360.

I posted clips here if you missed it.

It's for his footwork LOL! For some reason I think Froch is gonna upset him come fight time.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 7:59 pm

I agree. I may change my mind, but at this point I like Froch. I think he'll be much more active. Abraham will give away the first 1/3 of the fight like he always does. Froch is a tough SOB and will make it to the final bell with a close victory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:02 pm

I believe Froch has the ability to win a decision, my problem is I am not sure he's going to get a fair shake in Monaco, even though it's suppose to be a "neutral" venue.
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:05 pm

Canvas wrote:
It wasn't even just the politically incorrect comments, (I think the word 'racism is misused, and thrown around far to liberally today) it's the chronic lack of respect and arrogance.

Funny how he didn't have a thing to say and avoided questions when the contract to fight Pac was in front of him....it's always after Pac moves on to another fight that Fraud opens his mouth.

Kind of like Haye with the Klitschko brothers, except Haye is not even close to the stature of the Klitschkos or Flod.

I've never fully believed the Floyd is creating a character to sell fights...I don't think he is that bright. I think he is just giving glimpses into his true vile personality.

I agree completely with this. Its crazy to me how people are labeling floyd a racist just for making dumb comments. They are offensive but racist i dont think so.
Back to top Go down
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:07 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I believe Froch has the ability to win a decision, my problem is I am not sure he's going to get a fair shake in Monaco, even though it's suppose to be a "neutral" venue.

BTW Ali, I had to make the jump. I wanted to talk about boxing somewhere and had no outlet Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Groundhog_Day wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

BTW Ali, I had to make the jump. I wanted to talk about boxing somewhere and had no outlet Twisted Evil

That's cool, we're glad to have you aboard Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:18 pm

Insulting someone's skin color isn't racism? The way he used "yellow" and "midget" were deliberately intended to insult his ethnicity.

Froch takes a lot of shots with his style. I think he gets stopped late.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Groundhog_Day
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
Groundhog_Day

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Groundhog_Day wrote:
Apparently, Abraham loves this step aerobics stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRsaOQEcoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkFkOTO1teo

WTF?!?
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

Favorite Fighter(s) : boxing-Paul Williams, Deontay Wilder, Tavoris Cloud, mma-Rampage & Brett rogers

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:26 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Insulting someone's skin color isn't racism? The way he used "yellow" and "midget" were deliberately intended to insult his ethnicity.

Froch takes a lot of shots with his style. I think he gets stopped late.

Depends on if he really meant it or not, i think he just wants attention. The rant might have been racist but i dont think Floyd is a racist. Neither do i think BHOP is racist for saying "i aint goin to loose to no white boy" and im white. Some people just get offended to easily.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 8:27 pm

Groundhog_Day wrote:
Apparently, Abraham loves this step aerobics stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxRsaOQEcoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkFkOTO1teo

LMAO Abraham is fast becoming a hysterical character.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:11 pm

I believe what he said was rather racist
I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

I'm no expert but isn't "yellow" a slur that is used against Asians?

If Pac made the same video and called Mayweather the N word, then I don't think anyone would say, it depends on whether he meant it.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Floyd has been race baiting people for years. I don't think it's necessarily racism, just the garbage that spews from an arrogant, ignorant fool.
Back to top Go down
taylorfleig
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
taylorfleig

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 10:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I believe what he said was rather racist
I'm on vacation for about a year, about a year," Mayweather said. "As soon as we come off vacation, we're going to cook that little yellow chump. We ain't worried about that. So they ain't gotta worry about me fighting the midget. Once I kick the midget ass, I don't want you all to jump on my d---. So you all better get on the bandwagon now. ... Once I stomp the midget, I'll make that mother f----- make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice."

I'm no expert but isn't "yellow" a slur that is used against Asians?

If Pac made the same video and called Mayweather the N word, then I don't think anyone would say, it depends on whether he meant it.

If manny said that i would say the same thing. However I agree the backlash would be much worse. Al Sharpton would be calling for his head.
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:06 am

Canvas wrote:
It wasn't even just the politically incorrect comments, (I think the word 'racism is misused, and thrown around far to liberally today) it's the chronic lack of respect and arrogance.

Funny how he didn't have a thing to say and avoided questions when the contract to fight Pac was in front of him....it's always after Pac moves on to another fight that Fraud opens his mouth.

Kind of like Haye with the Klitschko brothers, except Haye is not even close to the stature of the Klitschkos or Flod.

I've never fully believed the Floyd is creating a character to sell fights...I don't think he is that bright. I think he is just giving glimpses into his true vile personality.
...this post by canvas says much..especialy the last few sentences...floyd appologized because there probably was a huge unexpected backlash on his comments on his twitter thing or public forums and the boxing community and money people maybe told him this is going to far its unexceptable..a strong refernce maybe that money can be made without you..floyd is not a nice guy nor is his father and uncle...sportscasters etc have been fired for saying far less harmfull things..on haye i agree he absolutely does not stoop to the low level floyd does but he equals floyd in dogging ducking or backing out of fights then tries to make it sound like its the other guys fault..there both on a comfortable restfull vacation..i hope they stay there for a dozen years.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:18 am

Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. vs. George Takei already, angry gay Asian vs. angry racist/homophobic black guy
Back to top Go down
dmar5143
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
dmar5143

Favorite Fighter(s) : marciano pep robinson greb manny pac

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:23 am

make the match lol..i can see the press conference and weight in now.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  - Page 3 EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 12:29 am