Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant

Go down 
+11
taylorfleig
Groundhog_Day
SlickMoneyXL
hardcoreBEE24
dbudge87
Canvas
marbleheadmaui
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
powerpuncher
timthebim
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  Empty
PostSubject: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:26 pm

A few days after making his controversial comments on a video streaming network, Floyd Mayweather Jr. returned to Ustream late Friday night to clear the air with his fans and the boxing public. When Mayweather appeared on Ustream several days ago, some of his comments resulted in a mountain of negative press from the media and harsh comments from the boxing fans who watched the profane video.

Some of the comments Mayweather made from several days ago, like "cook him up with some barbecued dog" and "cook that yellow chump" and "I'll make that mother f**ker make me a sushi roll and cook me some rice" and "this mother f**cker's name is Emmanuel. He got a fake name, taking power pellets" - sent a tidalwave of negative air in Mayweather's direction.

When Mayweather returned on the service late Friday night, he apologized to everyone for the comments. He made few excuses and said he "didn't really mean" any of it.

"I do want to apologize for what happened the other night. I want to apologize to everybody because everybody thought that it was a racist comment that I said. I don't have a racist bone in my body. I have nothing but love for everybody. Some of my guys are Muslim, some of my guys are Jews. Puerto Ricans, Dominicans, whites, ...it doesn't matter. I got nothing but love in my heart. All i want to say is, if anybody was affected from what I said the other day, I apologize as a man. I was just having fun. I didn't really mean it," Mayweather said.

Prior to the apology, Mayweather discussed a possible fight with Pacquiao. He wants Pacquiao confident and ready to win, but also made it clear that a Pacquiao win won't happen.

"Manny Pacquiao, he truly believes that he's one of the best, but I know that I am the best, that's the difference," Mayweather said.

"I want him to believe that he's going to win. All 41 opponents that I faced thought that they were going to win, but that didn't happen."

During the broadcast, Mayweather sent his condolences to his former promoter Bob Arum for the recent loss of his oldest son, John, who lost his life as a result of a hiking accident in Seattle, Washington.

"God bless to Bob Arum and his whole family, because I heard that Bob Arum's son had a bad accident. Love to the whole Arum family," Mayweather said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30633
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:28 pm

At least he said sorry!
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 4:50 pm

we already know that its all an act for mayweather. ive always said that he seems like a nice guy but has just turned into the bad guy to make more money. im sure that he really is sorry that he offended people.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:08 pm

he's an idiot. He doesn't have to act like an ass.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:09 pm

This is hardly the first time he's been racist.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 5:39 pm

Pretty tough to unring THAT bell.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:35 pm

It wasn't even just the politically incorrect comments, (I think the word 'racism is misused, and thrown around far to liberally today) it's the chronic lack of respect and arrogance.

Funny how he didn't have a thing to say and avoided questions when the contract to fight Pac was in front of him....it's always after Pac moves on to another fight that Fraud opens his mouth.

Kind of like Haye with the Klitschko brothers, except Haye is not even close to the stature of the Klitschkos or Flod.

I've never fully believed the Floyd is creating a character to sell fights...I don't think he is that bright. I think he is just giving glimpses into his true vile personality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Canvas wrote:
It wasn't even just the politically incorrect comments, (I think the word 'racism is misused, and thrown around far to liberally today) it's the chronic lack of respect and arrogance.

Funny how he didn't have a thing to say and avoided questions when the contract to fight Pac was in front of him....it's always after Pac moves on to another fight that Fraud opens his mouth.

Kind of like Haye with the Klitschko brothers, except Haye is not even close to the stature of the Klitschkos or Flod.

I've never fully believed the Floyd is creating a character to sell fights...I don't think he is that bright. I think he is just giving glimpses into his true vile personality.

You just never miss an opportunity to throw a jab at Haye do you ?
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Well it's not like Haye is actually USING the punch now is it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:42 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Find out on Tuesday.

Haye's uses his words to create attention and excitement for big fights, Flod's opens his mouth and spews garbage.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Calling someone a "yellow" who is Asian is the same as calling a black guy a darkie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Find out on Tuesday.

Haye's uses his words to create attention and excitement for big fights, Flod's opens his mouth and spews garbage.

Given his inactivity and behavior towards the Ukranians, associating David Haye and "big fights" is pretty unfair don't you think?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:46 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Find out on Tuesday.

Given his inactivity and behavior towards the Ukranians, associating David Haye and "big fights" is pretty unfair don't you think?

No because Haye succeeded in generating the fight offers and excitement.

What did Flod succeed with this outburst ?
Back to top Go down
dbudge87
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 pm

was totally shameful what he said. it's not just manny pacquiao who he has been offensive about, it was the billions of asians. i wonder what the reaction would be if the comments were the other way around
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Haye moved to heavy TWO years ago and has three fights. Adamek moved to heavy ONE year ago and has four fights.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 pm

In one of the HBO 24/7 Floyd was at a nail salon getting a manicure, he was incredibly disrespectful to the people there. He was throwing karate chops and making generic king fu movie noises that every kid does when they're five. One can see the absolute disgust on the fact of the woman doing his nails. He s a distespectful weasel. And he's lucky that boxing is a niche sport otherwise he'd lose some serious endorsements. Imagine if Jeter or Tom Brady did anything like that?

Last edited by hardcoreBEE24 on Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Find out on Tuesday.

Horsehockey. Haye has fought twice in three years.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:49 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Haye moved to heavy TWO years ago and has three fights. Adamek moved to heavy ONE year ago and has four fights.

Now you're just wondering off point Marble.

A thread about Floyd's disgusting comments is no place for bashing Haye.
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:50 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Believe me Ali, Haye deserves bashing early and often. If you recall 12 did his own feeble, excuse filled video last week or so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:51 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Find out on Tuesday.

Fight offers - check Klitschko's both offered him fights and Sky's clamoring to get Haye to face Harrison.

Excitement in potential fights - check fans want to see Haye mix it up with the Klitschko's and Adamek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Believe me Ali, Haye deserves bashing early and often. If you recall 12 did his own feeble, excuse filled video last week or so.

Haye's never said anything as disgusting or moronic like Flod's done, I may not agree with Haye's actions or attitude but he's made a pretty successful career these past couple years just by trash talking.
Back to top Go down
Canvas
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:52 pm

Ali, you are WAY off base about Haye. He is a fraud and a disgrace. It's unfortunate that you seem to eat out of his hands.
Back to top Go down
SlickMoneyXL
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
SlickMoneyXL

Favorite Fighter(s) : Miguel Cotto, Efrain Escudero

Haye is a hypejob from UK.

From his twitter page
Bio: "I'm a Pro Boxer from London England, I'm currently The boxing Heavyweight Champion of the World."

GTFOH!!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Canvas wrote:

Find out on Tuesday.

Fight offers - check Klitschko's both offered him fights and Sky's clamoring to get Haye to face Harrison.

Excitement in potential fights - check fans want to see Haye mix it up with the Klitschko's and Adamek.

Gee, Ali. Could it be your missing something? Lemme see..oh yeah ACTUAL FIGHTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:53 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

Haye's never said anything as disgusting or moronic like Flod's done, I may not agree with Haye's actions or attitude but he's made a pretty successful career these past couple years just by trash talking.

And THAT is the problem. he hasn't made a career by FIGHTING!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant    Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant  Empty

Back to top Go down

Flod Mayweather apologizes for his ignorant racist rant
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next