Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

More madness from the lizard lair

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

More madness from the lizard lair Empty
PostSubject: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 3:42 pm

In a strange bit of news, multiple reports out of Mexico are stating that the WBC is going to make Erik Morales the mandatory challenger to lightweight champion Humberto Soto. Strange because Morales' next fight is at welterweight against Willie Limond on November 13 and some international version of the WBC welterweight title is around the waist of Morales.

Morales' goal is to win a title at lightweight. He wants to face Juan Manuel Marquez for his WBO/WBA titles. The problem with this is Morales has not show that he can get down in weight to 135-pounds. Since his return earlier this year, he's only fought around the welterweight limit. I expect the WBC's board to walk away from this decision and make Morales the mandatory to the title at 140 or 147.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30609
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm

I dont really care what Soto or Morales are doing these days
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 4:06 pm

same for the WBC
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:30 pm

[shrugs and holds up hands]
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:47 pm

put Morales in with Marquez and watch el terible take a terrible beating!!!
Back to top Go down
powerpuncher
Green Belt
Green Belt
powerpuncher

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:23 pm

he needs to get back fighting some contenders first. i love morales and i dont want to see him fight an elite fighter and just get destroyed again.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:27 pm

Morales is done as a fighter. The best thing is to see him face an elite guy, take one beating and go home. That is alot better than him having a couple more fights (where he will take some punishments in wins), and then getting destroyed by an elite guy.

When a guy is done, I hope for him to get destroyed quickly, rather than hang on forever and then get destroyed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:36 pm

I watched Erik's Welterweight fight and to be honest he wasn't that shot. It was also a pretty entertaining scrap.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
I watched Erik's Welterweight fight and to be honest he wasn't that shot. It was also a pretty entertaining scrap.

His opponent, Jose Alfaro, fighting tonight on that Nicaraguan card
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More madness from the lizard lair   More madness from the lizard lair Empty

Back to top Go down

More madness from the lizard lair
Page 1 of 1