Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness

Go down 
+2
captainanddew
flapanther2001
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness Empty
PostSubject: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:30 pm

According to several sources who spoke with BoxingScene.com, a fight between Celestino Caballero (34-2, 23KOs) and Jason Litzau (27-2, 21KOs), at super featherweight, is very close to coming off. I've been advised that both boxers have agreed to the fight. If the deal gets finalized and the contracts are signed, the fight would land on HBO's televised card on November 27 from the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Juan Manuel Marquez defends his WBA/WBO lightweight titles against Michael Katsidis in the main event.

Caballero's team were trying to secure undefeated featherweight Matt Remillard, but there appears to be some internal confusion over Remillard's promotional status with TKO Promotions. Contrary to an earlier press release from TKO, a very reliable source advised me that Remillard wants the fight, but neither HBO or Caballero's camp are going to take the risk of being caught in a possible legal battle.

The latest craziness from the WBA is the only known obstacle to prevent a Caballero-Litzau encounter from being a finalized item.

Chris John is the WBA's "super champion" at featherweight. When John received a bump to the "super champion" status, the sanctioning body made Yurirokis Gamboa the "regular champion" at featherweight. At the time of John's status bump, Gamboa was the interim-champ.

It only gets worse.

From what I've been told, the WBA will recognize the winner of Saturday's featherweight unification, between Gamboa and Orlando Salido, as the "unified super champion" - which in turn will make the "regular" title vacant. And that leaves us with the likely possibility of three WBA champions in the featherweight division.

The WBA has offered Caballero a chance to fight for this vacant "regular" title. They are willing to sanction a fight between him and Litzau for that vacant belt. But that won't happen because Litzau can't make the featherweight limit.

Based on everything, Caballero has two options on his plate. Find someone the WBA, and HBO, would approve for a vacant featherweight title fight - or move up to super featherweight for Litzau.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=30850
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:35 pm

My head hurts.... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:37 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
My head hurts.... Sad

Yup it's getting beyond ridiculous now. HBO and Showtime need to take a stance and boycott these shady organizations.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Can we stop recognizing the trinkets????

It is to the point that the madness from all of the organizations: WBC, WBA, etc..., are not worth discussing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:39 pm

captainanddew wrote:

It is to the point that the madness from all of the organizations: WBC, WBA, etc..., are not worth discussing.

I feel it's better to post all there shady moves to show casual fans the trinkets don't mean anything.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Good point Ali, though we don't have alot of casual fans on this board. Most of us are just plain degenerate boxing fans Smile
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:47 pm

I dont get the problem here?

Ignore the organization, make the fight you want
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 pm

wow what a joke
Back to top Go down
marbleheadmaui
Red Belt
Red Belt
marbleheadmaui

Favorite Fighter(s) : Arguello, Finito, Duran, Saad Muhammad

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:29 pm

[quote="Ali_1748"]
captainanddew wrote:

I feel it's better to post all there shady moves to show casual fans the trinkets don't mean anything.[/quote]

I understand as long as you understand every time I read one of these headlines my blood pressure spikes, I kick my dog and stomp around the house mumbling to myself

"W freaking B freakin A...super champions? SUPER champions? Goddamned Ali bringing this crap up...Selma Hayek"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 11:55 pm

[quote="marbleheadmaui"]
Ali_1748 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I feel it's better to post all there shady moves to show casual fans the trinkets don't mean anything.[/quote]

I understand as long as you understand every time I read one of these headlines my blood pressure spikes, I kick my dog and stomp around the house mumbling to myself

"W freaking B freakin A...super champions? SUPER champions? Goddamned Ali bringing this crap up...Selma Hayek"

lol!
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 am

Try explaining this shit to people who don't watch boxing.
Back to top Go down
flapanther2001
Orange Belt
Orange Belt
flapanther2001

Favorite Fighter(s) : Aaron Pryor, Rocky Marciano, Arturo Gatti

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 5:12 am

It's a horrible match up for Litzau anyway. Caballero KO's him easily.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness   Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness Empty

Back to top Go down

Caballero vs Litzau possible/ More WBA madness
Page 1 of 1