Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

March Madness

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
oggy420
Farmer1906
josh200612
acccardinal12
NoRegret
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: March Madness   March Madness EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:47 pm

Anybody excited/ready for it?
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:30 pm

Wow, no love huh?

Im pretty stoked about it. I think Evan Turner won player of the year, didnt he?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:35 pm

I do something with my hand and my crotch area every March! I love it and can't wait! This can be a great thread for us BBall fans. Go CARDS!
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 pm

WALL!
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:06 pm

Very excited. A&M plays tomorrow vs NU (they upset MU). If they beat NU (they should) then they'll most likely get #1 KU again. Last time A&M had them where they wanted them, but chocked when it came to putting them away. If somehow A&M can put it all together again vs KU then they're looking at working their way up to a high 4, maybe even a 3 if things fall right.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 12:47 am

cards were up at the half by 8 and I said they would lose. They shot 50% to Cincy's 28% and were outrebounded BIG TIME! This is such a inconsistent team. I knew they would cool down and they continued to not crap for the ball. Cincy deserved that game. They hustled and made the cards there lil girls. Except Sosa. Did anyone see the ladt inbounds? Cards let 4 seconds go by before they even fouled. How stupid can you be? Atleast we get to go home and rest up for the tourney. That is the best thing really. I wanted to get a shot at WVU though bad. I hate WVU now.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:17 am

i like filling out the brackets Smile
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:16 pm

A&M up 14 on NU. With KU already winning today, A&M has a very big game tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:48 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
A&M up 14 on NU. With KU already winning today, A&M has a very big game tomorrow!

Man only 4 over Nebraska? Aggies better step it up tomorrow for sure. I think they have a legit shot at winning the Big 12. Must have been a competitive last 5 minutes of the game. I didn't get to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 6:52 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Man only 4 over Nebraska? Aggies better step it up tomorrow for sure. I think they have a legit shot at winning the Big 12. Must have been a competitive last 5 minutes of the game. I didn't get to watch it.

I don't. Our starting PG and best defender wasn't able to go today. We stand little chance vs KU because our offense just isn't the same and we have no one to shut down Collins.

The All American was 2-9 for 7 points, 1 assist, and 5 turnovers because of Dash Harris.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I don't. Our starting PG and best defender wasn't able to go today. We stand little chance vs KU because our offense just isn't the same and we have no one to shut down Collins.

The All American was 2-9 for 7 points, 1 assist, and 5 turnovers because of Dash Harris.

I was thinking Kansas got beat earlier. I must have misunderstood a guy at school? I am pretty sure this guy said that Kansas got beat and I checked and he was wrong. I would say Kansas should win, but this year anything can happen? I can't wait for selection Sunday. The Cards deserve a 12 seed, but I know they will get a 9-10 seed more than likely. I just pray we get a 9 and get another shot at UK in the 2nd round and win. That is all I want. I know that is a TALL order.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:32 pm

Two awesome Big East games so far tonight. Hopefully a couple more tonight. Go WVU
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Two awesome Big East games so far tonight. Hopefully a couple more tonight. Go WVU

Cincy used all there luck last night. I will be suprised if they win against WVU. The Pitt vs Notre Dame game is gonna be a barn burner! I can't wait for that one. Notre Dame is plaing good ball right now and I won't be suprised to see them win.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Bob has had trouble beating his old team though so far in his couple seasons at WV. I hope they blow them out of the building. Agreed about the ND-Pitt game. I think ND will pull the upset actually
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

I was thinking Kansas got beat earlier. I must have misunderstood a guy at school? I am pretty sure this guy said that Kansas got beat and I checked and he was wrong. I would say Kansas should win, but this year anything can happen? I can't wait for selection Sunday. The Cards deserve a 12 seed, but I know they will get a 9-10 seed more than likely. I just pray we get a 9 and get another shot at UK in the 2nd round and win. That is all I want. I know that is a TALL order.

You're nuts. Take the 10-12 over the 8-9 any day of the week.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:30 pm

high noon tomorrow noregret you little bitch lol!
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:39 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

You aren't following what I am saying Farmer. I said I pray we get an 8-9 meaning we would have a possible match up with UK in the second round. Then I was saying I pray we beat them too. That is a tall order. I have been a huge bball fan for my whole life. I understand what match ups you get in the next round and what street would be easier. I know the 8-9 seed winner gets the number 1 seed. See what I mean now?
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:44 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

You aren't following what I am saying Farmer. I said I pray we get an 8-9 meaning we would have a possible match up with UK in the second round. Then I was saying I pray we beat them too. That is a tall order. I have been a huge bball fan for my whole life. I understand what match ups you get in the next round and what street would be easier. I know the 8-9 seed winner gets the number 1 seed. See what I mean now?

No I got what your saying, but I say screw the match up. Take the easier route. I don't care if A&M backs their way into a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 as long as they get there.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:51 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

No I got what your saying, but I say screw the match up. Take the easier route. I don't care if A&M backs their way into a Sweet 16 or Elite 8 as long as they get there.

I see and I don't blame you. The Aggies aren't known for winning anything special accept a few years ago when they beat us, lol. I live in an area where beating UK in the tourney is waaaaay better than a NCAA Championship. Serious as heck...I would rather see the Cards beat UK in the 2nd round than have another route and win the whole thing. Easily! I also hope Demarcus Cousins gets his face broken by a teammate for being an arrogant little whiney punk. Since I am wishing I might as well go for the gold.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:05 pm

And that my friend is pure foolishness.

We kick tu around once a year. Its great and all, but tourney success is more important than any rivalry.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 10:15 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:

We kick tu around once a year. Its great and all, but tourney success is more important than any rivalry.

Nah we have won our share and I would trade a title for a showdown in the tourney and win vs our biggest rival anyday. that is how serious this rivalry is too me. It is not foolish at all to want that. That is a better title that hasn't came back since 1983 when I was 7 years old. I can wait until next year to win a champ or an Elite 8. I bet 50% of Cards fans would agree with me. That is what me and a bunch of Cards fans have talked about and a few went with having success in the tourney. It was on the local radio show and almost EVERY fan said they would rather beat UK in the second round. It was brought up because of what Pat Forde said two days ago about there being the best chance now that Brand is out of the picture. It has been a hot topic around here the past few days. That is kinda why I posted it. That is why UK vs UofL is one of the top rivalries in college bball. Kind of like Football in your part of the country.

still you don't have to say it is foolish though, That was foolish of you kind of like Tito can gained 46 lbs in 6 hours to a day. lol at you Farmer!
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:44 am

WVU wins at the buzzer for Cincy in a terrible, terrible game
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:01 am

Farmer1906 wrote:

Nah we have won our share and I would trade a title for a showdown in the tourney and win vs our biggest rival anyday. that is how serious this rivalry is too me. It is not foolish at all to want that. That is a better title that hasn't came back since 1983 when I was 7 years old. I can wait until next year to win a champ or an Elite 8. I bet 50% of Cards fans would agree with me. That is what me and a bunch of Cards fans have talked about and a few went with having success in the tourney. It was on the local radio show and almost EVERY fan said they would rather beat UK in the second round. It was brought up because of what Pat Forde said two days ago about there being the best chance now that Brand is out of the picture. It has been a hot topic around here the past few days. That is kinda why I posted it. That is why UK vs UofL is one of the top rivalries in college bball. Kind of like Football in your part of the country.

still you don't have to say it is foolish though, That was foolish of you kind of like Tito can gained 46 lbs in 6 hours to a day. lol at you Farmer!

Even in football championships always outweigh any single rivalry game. It sounds like yall UL fans just have penis envy of UK. I don't really blame you thought UK's always been kind of a big brother to UL in hoops.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:34 am

Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:

Even in football championships always outweigh any single rivalry game. It sounds like yall UL fans just have penis envy of UK. I don't really blame you thought UK's always been kind of a big brother to UL in hoops.

Yeah maybe back in the day and this year. We are big brother now and they just got us this year. That is whole lot better than having three big brothers though.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:10 am

One of my buddies made a College Basketball Tournament Pick'em group on Yahoo. I usually end up in several of these things with various groups of different people I know every spring. If any one at the Place wants in go for it. Yahoo is joined with some group that will give a million bucks to anyone who makes a perfect bracket also.

Group ID#: 41462
Password: 12345678910
Registerhttp://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/register/joinprivategroup_assign_team?GID=41462&P=12345678910
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
Sponsored content

March Madness Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness Empty

Back to top Go down

March Madness
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next