Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

March Madness

Go down 
+6
bobbitt15
oggy420
Farmer1906
josh200612
acccardinal12
NoRegret
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

March Madness - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:14 am

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
And that my friend is pure foolishness.

We kick tu around once a year. Its great and all, but tourney success is more important than any rivalry.

Nah we have won our share and I would trade a title for a showdown in the tourney and win vs our biggest rival anyday. that is how serious this rivalry is too me. It is not foolish at all to want that. That is a better title that hasn't came back since 1983 when I was 7 years old. I can wait until next year to win a champ or an Elite 8. I bet 50% of Cards fans would agree with me. That is what me and a bunch of Cards fans have talked about and a few went with having success in the tourney. It was on the local radio show and almost EVERY fan said they would rather beat UK in the second round. It was brought up because of what Pat Forde said two days ago about there being the best chance now that Brand is out of the picture. It has been a hot topic around here the past few days. That is kinda why I posted it. That is why UK vs UofL is one of the top rivalries in college bball. Kind of like Football in your part of the country.

still you don't have to say it is foolish though, That was foolish of you kind of like Tito can gained 46 lbs in 6 hours to a day. lol at you Farmer!

Even in football championships always outweigh any single rivalry game. It sounds like yall UL fans just have penis envy of UK. I don't really blame you thought UK's always been kind of a big brother to UL in hoops.

Yeah maybe back in the day and this year. We are big brother now and they just got us this year. That is whole lot better than having three big brothers though.

UL might have had a decent run at being better than UK for a few seasons but that is assuredly over now. Calipari will be bringing in multiple top 10 recruits every year
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:22 am

bobbitt15 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
Farmer1906 wrote:
And that my friend is pure foolishness.

We kick tu around once a year. Its great and all, but tourney success is more important than any rivalry.

Nah we have won our share and I would trade a title for a showdown in the tourney and win vs our biggest rival anyday. that is how serious this rivalry is too me. It is not foolish at all to want that. That is a better title that hasn't came back since 1983 when I was 7 years old. I can wait until next year to win a champ or an Elite 8. I bet 50% of Cards fans would agree with me. That is what me and a bunch of Cards fans have talked about and a few went with having success in the tourney. It was on the local radio show and almost EVERY fan said they would rather beat UK in the second round. It was brought up because of what Pat Forde said two days ago about there being the best chance now that Brand is out of the picture. It has been a hot topic around here the past few days. That is kinda why I posted it. That is why UK vs UofL is one of the top rivalries in college bball. Kind of like Football in your part of the country.

still you don't have to say it is foolish though, That was foolish of you kind of like Tito can gained 46 lbs in 6 hours to a day. lol at you Farmer!

Even in football championships always outweigh any single rivalry game. It sounds like yall UL fans just have penis envy of UK. I don't really blame you thought UK's always been kind of a big brother to UL in hoops.

Yeah maybe back in the day and this year. We are big brother now and they just got us this year. That is whole lot better than having three big brothers though.

UL might have had a decent run at being better than UK for a few seasons but that is assuredly over now. Calipari will be bringing in multiple top 10 recruits every year

Don't like the guy (cal) but I gotta agree with you.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:19 pm

Yeah I can only imagine the future with WVU. I remember getting back from Gatlinburg and watching Cards vs WVU before we joined the BIG BEAST! That was an all time classic game. I still on't forget the 3 point shoot out between Pittsnogle, Belein, etc, vs Cards. That was an awesome game. I can't beleive we came back an won. It started a good rivalry. This year I was heated in th game. Of course that was alot of games this year. Yeah Cal is gonna bring the Cats big time recruits. We already have a top class for 2011.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:26 pm

Yeah I can only imagine the future with WVU. I remember getting back from Gatlinburg and watching Cards vs WVU before we joined the BIG BEAST! That was an all time classic game. I still on't forget the 3 point shoot out between Pittsnogle, Belein, etc, vs Cards. That was an awesome game. I can't beleive we came back an won. It started a good rivalry. This year I was heated in th game. Of course that was alot of games this year. Yeah Cal is gonna bring the Cats big time recruits. We already have a top class for 2011.

who you got in todays ND vs WV game?
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:32 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

That is gonna be a tough battle. WVU should win, but I am going with the Irish. They are playing good ball right now and they need the win bad.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 1:53 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:

That is gonna be a tough battle. WVU should win, but I am going with the Irish. They are playing good ball right now and they need the win bad.

I think it will be a good one but I think WV takes it in the end. ND did a great job playing there way off the bubble and into the tourny though.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 2:58 pm

Turner at the buzzer to beat Michigan. Wow
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:41 pm

my longhorns and ga bulldogs suck but other than that its always fun to watch the upsets.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

Favorite Fighter(s) : Anyone that comes to FIGHT!

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 4:59 pm

Josh- Ohio State played at their average level of play at best today, and still beat your Michigan team, who played their hearts out...must be kinda demoralizing huh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 5:55 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
Turner at the buzzer to beat Michigan. Wow
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:35 pm

That was such terrible defense by Michigan. Only 2 seconds left and let Turner catch and dribble right down the floor to pull up for a 40 footer. Horrible
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 7:12 pm

So ballz crushing.

Definitely should of had at least a guy at half court and a guy on the in-bounder.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:21 pm

Are fucking coach was on the radio trying to say even if they pressed he probably would have still hit the shot cause he is a great player or some shit like that!!! I HATE BEILIN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:33 pm

timthebim wrote:
Are fucking coach was on the radio trying to say even if they pressed he probably would have still hit the shot cause he is a great player or some shit like that!!! I HATE BEILIN!!!!!

I sure dont. I hope Michigan keeps both him and Rich Rod for a very long time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:34 pm

A&M falls short. They lead most of the game, but fell apart late...again.
Back to top Go down
josh200612
Silver Belt
Silver Belt
josh200612

Favorite Fighter(s) : Rashad Evans #1!,Rampage,GSP,Couture,Chael Sonnen,BJ Penn,Robbie Lawler,King MO,Frank Mir

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 12:56 pm

check the clock again on that turner bounced the ball and took a step before the clock ran down. it was a fluke and john wall is still poy!
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:27 pm

I thought John wall was a month ago but after watching Turner the last 3 weeks or so Im leaning towards him.
Back to top Go down
NoRegret
Red Belt
Red Belt
NoRegret

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 1:40 pm

josh200612 wrote:
check the clock again on that turner bounced the ball and took a step before the clock ran down. it was a fluke and john wall is still poy!

Josh- quit being a dumb conspiracy theorist as to why your team lost. Your team SUCKS, and had to play their hearts out to even have a shot against Ohio State when they were playing just an average game.

John Wall will not win POY. I will laugh at you when Evan Turner wins it, as I laughed at you these last two times in a row we beat your team and as I have the last 6 years in a row that we've beaten you in football.

The dominance isnt going to end anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 2:06 pm

He won't win it, but I think James Anderson deserves it.

He goes for 23-6 every night and has single handedly taken OSU to the big dance. Their best big is like 6'6" and their #2 scorer is a 5'8" white boy who can only shoot 3s.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Another great player this year that has carried his team is Epe Udoh for Baylor. he transfered from U of M to Baylor and has really made them a very good ball club.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 3:52 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
He won't win it, but I think James Anderson deserves it.

He goes for 23-6 every night and has single handedly taken OSU to the big dance. Their best big is like 6'6" and their #2 scorer is a 5'8" white boy who can only shoot 3s.

Yeah I like him too. I think Evan Turner will win it. Heck I can throw 4 guys from the Big Beast out that deserve it more than Wall. He has two other NBA lottery picks on that team helping him out and he has fell off the second half of the season compared to how he started. A guy like Anderson has to do it by himself for the most part.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 4:53 pm

Ohio State can kiss a #1 seed goodbye if they lose to Illinois. I got lucky and just turned on the TV and 2nd OT is getting ready to start. This should be good.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:02 pm

They said Turner had a triple-double and I was like "Yup he is POTY!" Then they said he had 10 TO's ouch. He still had 31 points and 10 boards.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 5:02 pm

Oops and Turner fouled out just now.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 13, 2010 7:04 pm

Holy crap Tubby has the Gophers balling out of control right now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March Madness   March Madness - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

March Madness
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next