Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return

Go down 
+3
Wolfgangsta
killerofchicken
OU
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return Empty
PostSubject: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:49 am

Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:50 am

He said he fully expects to keep his word and fight as often as possible. He said he is lucky he was uninjured and he is ready to get back in the gym.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:52 am

NO EXCUSES!!! WOOHOO!!! Very Happy
I can't wait to see him back in the cage, just to see where he stands and what not.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:53 am

killerofchicken wrote:
NO EXCUSES!!! WOOHOO!!! Very Happy
I can't wait to see him back in the cage, just to see where he stands and what not.

Well he had a semi-excuse. He said people are asking me about my camp and I'm still trying to figure that out. Kind of implies to me that he is somewhat blaming the camp.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 am

Blah blah. This guy is a train wreck. You know even before the fight had started, when he was in the cage and I knew things were bad based on his expression, I was imagining him and the people around him. I imagine he has mood shifts that run the spectrum. I envisioned conversations days before the fight with his mom how he is done fighting and doesn't feel happy anymore doing what he does and wants to retire, and then the next day him being on the opposite end, so pumped and ready for war, dismissive of his own retirement ideas, only to fall down again. I bet if you talked to anyone in his camp truthfully they'd say it was similar to what I just described.

I imagine they just deal with his quirks and bi-polarism and just attribute it to "BJ being BJ".

This guy is poised for a Favrian goodbye that will be even more painful than Liddell's or Pulver's.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:00 am

Well his camp is shit other than him, he needs to change scenery.
If he went to a camp that will push him and throw better fighters at him he'd be better off.
Sure he brings in some guys to Hawaii but that isnt enough.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:01 am

He needs to fucking head back to Brazil to Aldo's camp. That's where he learned his craft. Go train with Aldo. That dude is a killer, has the fire, and guys like that will push him.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:24 am

he needs to blame the camp imo cause the dumb asses told him to go in with the same game plan as last time and to impose his will on edgar and we all saw what good that game plan did . I think BJ being as great as he is, was his own camp. He needs to move to a camp where he isnt the coach.

lol go train with leben.....nah BJ needs to come to the states from time to time and mix it up. He is no longer invincible in the lw div.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:33 am

Does Kenny vs BJ make sense right now? It could be a fight to motivate both guys. It would put the loser in a bad spot but the winner comes out as "revitalized" and "back in the mix".
If either guy lose to a mid level or boarder line top level guy they lose any steam they have left.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:34 am

That fight does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 am

I don't think Kenny would take that fight. He got handled by BJ last time out.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:42 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
That fight does nothing for me.

Why Kenny fight does do something for you? A rematch with Diego? Not really too appealing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 am

Ya, a Diego rematch would be great actually.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:45 am

I think they both need a gimme at this stage, just to get some confidence. Im not talking a great step down in comp. but something along those lines, eh?
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:47 am

killerofchicken wrote:
I think they both need a gimme at this stage, just to get some confidence. Im not talking a great step down in comp. but something along those lines, eh?

What happens if they lose that "gimme" fight? Kenny is what 34? BJ is one of the oldest 31 year olds in MMA. Why not use whatever gas is left in that tank to make the most interesting fights possible?
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:48 am

BJ vs Kenny Florian isn't interesting at all.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:53 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
BJ vs Kenny Florian isn't interesting at all.

What are the realistic options at this point? I think that fight is as interesting as both can hope for at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 11:55 am

BJ vs Gomi is almost a shoe in. Kenny Florian is out of significant fights for a while.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:00 pm

This would be a good time to bring in the WEC LW division... when you look at it, there really isnt that much dept of high lvl LW's in the ufc save for the top 5 guys...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Any Lightweight fight involving BJ does nothing for me, I want to see BJ at Welterweight against someone like Alves,Diaz or Serra.

Last edited by Ali_1748 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:14 pm

I don't want to see him vs Sanchez.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:16 pm

Oops I meant to say Alves.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Penn vs Gomi. Flo vs Griffen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:42 pm

Why stay at Lightweight ?? He's already built a legacy and could become a gatekeeper if he hangs around past his sell by date.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:45 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:
Why stay at Lightweight ?? He's already built a legacy and could become a gatekeeper if he hangs around past his sell by date.

Cause he'd be overmatched physically at 170 on most nights.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return   BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return Empty

Back to top Go down

BJ Penn ready to jump back into gym for return
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next