Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant

Go down 
+7
Birdofthad
Wolfgangsta
oggy420
CainVelasquezFan
Jruq
captain organic
OU
11 posters
AuthorMessage
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant Empty
PostSubject: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:46 am

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/12/miguel-torres-if-im-going-to-lose-a-fight-thats-the-way-i-want-to-go-out/
“Brian Bowles just woke up a sleeping giant … I pretty much coached myself and ran my own training camps. I hadn’t lost in a long time, but after this loss, it’s going to make me revamp everything. I just got off the phone with Mark Della Grotte and I’m working with a couple different coaches to make my game step up. (People) said I took too many punches after the fact, but you know what man? I talk to all of the referees before the fight and I let them know that’s the way I want to go out … I don’t want there to be a question of if I was okay still or still awake … I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it’s not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life on the line and if I’m going to lose a fight, that’s the way I want to go out. I want to go out!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:48 am

You have to like his take on the entire situation. Dude's a warrior and a highly entertaining fighter. Im taking him in the rematch.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 am

I'm dieing to see his next fight.
Back to top Go down
Jruq
Green Belt
Green Belt
Jruq

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 12:24 pm

I see a little better why Mir has such a crush on him now
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:10 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
http://mmamania.com/2009/08/12/miguel-torres-if-im-going-to-lose-a-fight-thats-the-way-i-want-to-go-out/
“Brian Bowles just woke up a sleeping giant … I pretty much coached myself and ran my own training camps. I hadn’t lost in a long time, but after this loss, it’s going to make me revamp everything. I just got off the phone with Mark Della Grotte and I’m working with a couple different coaches to make my game step up. (People) said I took too many punches after the fact, but you know what man? I talk to all of the referees before the fight and I let them know that’s the way I want to go out … I don’t want there to be a question of if I was okay still or still awake … I respect Rosenthal for doing that! People thought it might have been too much, but for me, it’s not enough. Every time I go out, I put my life on the line and if I’m going to lose a fight, that’s the way I want to go out. I want to go out!

Love this! WAR Torres!!!
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:15 pm

I think he's gonna have to change his gameplan, at least when fighting a guy like Bowles who has so much power. Honestly how is he gonna beat Bowles. Dude has a great chin, heavy heavy hands, real good grappling. Torres will have to be smart picking his shots, keeping his distance, not getting into a brawl with him, and hope to wear him out in the later rounds.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:24 pm

oggy420 wrote:
I think he's gonna have to change his gameplan, at least when fighting a guy like Bowles who has so much power. Honestly how is he gonna beat Bowles. Dude has a great chin, heavy heavy hands, real good grappling. Torres will have to be smart picking his shots, keeping his distance, not getting into a brawl with him, and hope to wear him out in the later rounds.

He had him hurt just b4 getting caught, if he's a bit more cautious in pursuit he def could have ended that fight himself. I don't think he needs to change much, just using his length a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:39 pm

Since when is 5'9''(ya ok) a giant?
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:44 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Since when is 5'9''(ya ok) a giant?

It's not the size of the dog in a fight, it's the size of the fight within a dog.

U don't think Torres is 5'9?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 pm

hahahaha
shows you hes still out of it
The Giant got put to Sleep
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Sounds like he was basically saying he was lazy. It is about time he had to work a little.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:29 pm

His interviews before the fight were awesome.

"I have even more confidence now since I know I can't be hurt or KO'd." ya ok Miguel.
Back to top Go down
PD

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:51 pm

Some pretty damn respectable post fight comments if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
MMAEYES
Black Belt
Black Belt
MMAEYES

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, FEDOR, NICK DIAZ

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:17 pm

Love these comments. He will beat Bowles on the feet in the rematch he just can't get into a brawl. As soon as Bowles hit him he threw all caution out the window.
Back to top Go down
SOKO
Black Belt
Black Belt
SOKO

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Dragon, Kenflo, Hendo, Guida, Ace, Wand, Cain, Carwin, Foreman, Evander, Oscar

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:09 am

nothing like a 135 lb giant. bowles is like mtb just to strong for him.
Back to top Go down
CainVelasquezFan
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
CainVelasquezFan

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cain Velasquez and Diaz Brothers, Urijah Faber, Gilbert Melendez and Jon Jones

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:19 am

Wolfgangsta wrote:
His interviews before the fight were awesome.

"I have even more confidence now since I know I can't be hurt or KO'd." ya ok Miguel.

u wait this really woke up torres! he's gonna reclaim his title and go on another long winning streak!
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 10:15 am

He doesn't have a reach advantage on Bowles, and Bowles is with a great camp with MTB to train with. ATT is finally living up to the hype.

This win wasn't a fluke. I won't say this win "exposed" Torres but it does prove that BW now has some real competition. Everyone Torres defended his title against had short arms and no power.

Torres has his work cut out for him. I imagine the next fight will be much more tactical since both guys were rocked in the first fight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant   Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant Empty

Back to top Go down

Torres says loss woke up sleeping giant
Page 1 of 1