Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange experience last night...

Go down 
+4
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
Birdofthad
boomer sooner
8 posters
AuthorMessage
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, since way back

Strange experience last night... Empty
PostSubject: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I was at a party last night and this kid jumped me from behind and tried some kind of a modified rear-naked choke on me [he put a ton of pressure on it too, was definitely looking to hurt me]. He didn't have hooks in so I flipped him forward and he landed on his back. He then grabbed my leg as if he was going to perform some kind of a leg lock, which always scares the shit out of me, so I jumped down into his half guard and put my forearm on his throat and pinned his arms with my free hand and my outside leg, and convinced him to stop verbally, which he did. I was really embarrassed since I was dressed in nice clothes and there were a ton of people around. I kind of know the kid and know he trains at a local gym. I used to train at a gym before I moved so I guess he wanted to test me or something -- it's been two years though. It was really odd. First time I've ever had to use any MMA knowledge outside of a gym. I was glad that I owned him, especially since he was a little bigger than me and is in training, although I don't know how serious he is, probably would have punched him if there weren't so many people around. Anyway, my throat is kind of bruised from his choke.

How would you guys have responded? This definitely gives MMA a bad name since everyone knows he trains in it. He brags constantly and happened to be sporting a Tap-Out t-shirt to boot. I imagine it has some grass stains on it now. I know my pants do.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:23 pm

guy sounds like a total fag

first off if you "train" you shouldnt have to use the sneak attack from behind, i would have stomped his ass if i was able too. I had something similiar happen to me couple years back, guy did the same thing the behind sorta choke but he didnt know what he was doing, turned into him and took him down he kicked up and i grabbed his ankle to which he started freaking out and screaming before i could even do anything with it, I wanted to fuck his shit up but he started screaming "I was just playing I was just playing stop i was just playing"

even though i knew he wasnt cause i owed him money
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:24 pm

you did the right thing, and assholes like that guy do give the sport a bad name, same with anyone sporting TapOut hahaha
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:25 pm

You should have snapped one of his limbs to teach him a lesson.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:26 pm

my dream has been to knock someone unconscious and then its heel hook time!!!! (only on a wife beater or major asshole)
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:48 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I was at a party last night and this kid jumped me from behind and tried some kind of a modified rear-naked choke on me [he put a ton of pressure on it too, was definitely looking to hurt me]. He didn't have hooks in so I flipped him forward and he landed on his back. He then grabbed my leg as if he was going to perform some kind of a leg lock, which always scares the shit out of me, so I jumped down into his half guard and put my forearm on his throat and pinned his arms with my free hand and my outside leg, and convinced him to stop verbally, which he did. I was really embarrassed since I was dressed in nice clothes and there were a ton of people around. I kind of know the kid and know he trains at a local gym. I used to train at a gym before I moved so I guess he wanted to test me or something -- it's been two years though. It was really odd. First time I've ever had to use any MMA knowledge outside of a gym. I was glad that I owned him, especially since he was a little bigger than me and is in training, although I don't know how serious he is, probably would have punched him if there weren't so many people around. Anyway, my throat is kind of bruised from his choke.

How would you guys have responded? This definitely gives MMA a bad name since everyone knows he trains in it. He brags constantly and happened to be sporting a Tap-Out t-shirt to boot. I imagine it has some grass stains on it now. I know my pants do.

You should write the gym he trains at and let them know what one of their students is doing.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:53 pm

Once I had him pinned I could have done anything from there. I thought about giving him a few shots with my one arm, then getting to mount, to which he would probably than give me his back, and I could choke his ass instead, except I would have hooks. For some reason I was bothered the whole night and I still am.

On a side-note, one of my buddies who saw it is telling people I'm a badass that beat the tar out of an MMA fighter, which isn't entirely true, but I'll take the street cred. I'm kind of a tall and lanky guy, and most people always peg me as a wimp so maybe the experience will improve my rep. Also turns out that this girl who I would love to hook up with is related to Tap-Out t-shirt guy so I don't know if this helps or hurts those chances.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:55 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
boomer sooner wrote:

You should write the gym he trains at and let them know what one of their students is doing.

I didn't think of that. Part of me thinks he was playing, but he was definitely choking me. It was weird. I know the gym and have seen their guys at local shows. It has a really good reputation and I thought about training there myself, but haven't had the time.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 3:41 pm

ya you should do what beast said they will tear his ass up in the gym especially for not using hooks hahah
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:12 pm

lol, i like how people start fighting street fights like MMA fights.

I like when people tell me about a fight they were in where "i got a double leg then started working my side control" when they get into a bar fight.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:14 pm

Hey man what you lookin at

FUCK YOU DUDE ILL OUT STRIKE YOU

yo nigga shut up you got a wack ass ground game, dont get tapped infront of yo boys

Good thing War Machine wasn't at this party or whatever because he would beat the fuck out of all yall, until Roger Huerta saved the day.

Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 4:18 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

I like when people tell me about a fight they were in where "i got a double leg then started working my side control" when they get into a bar fight.

hahaha is always good to hear haha
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 6:50 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
Hey man what you lookin at

FUCK YOU DUDE ILL OUT STRIKE YOU

yo nigga shut up you got a wack ass ground game, dont get tapped infront of yo boys

Good thing War Machine wasn't at this party or whatever because he would beat the fuck out of all yall, until Roger Huerta saved the day.

LMAO
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 7:02 pm

KingsOwn19 wrote:

Thats funny as hell!!!
Back to top Go down
KrazyHorseBennett
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
KrazyHorseBennett

Favorite Fighter(s) : Charles Bennett is the second coming of Christ.

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:04 am

boomer sooner wrote:

Well, I am sure glad you followed the strict honor code of street combat, even though you didn't do a fucking thing for that jerkoff to be grabbing you.

Next time try a thumb in the eye socket. That will make that fuck think twice about just randomly grabbing someone.
Back to top Go down
boomer sooner
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:45 pm

I honestly didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to somehow pin him down. I was more embarrassed than anything.

I emailed his coach and mentioned the situation. I was then called by their instructor immediately. Really nice guy. He said something like, "between you and me, I always feared he was the type that wanted to use his training outside of the gym." Something like he's a little too into all of it, but really doesn't have much ability or a future in the sport. I guess he's competed in a couple events and actually won, but was against scrubs. It was kind of funny hearing him talk about it. He said he will talk to him and get to the bottom of it all. I guess the guy has serious self-esteem issues and what-not, and really wants to be a part of the team, but the guys don't take him seriously.

I just told him I'm fine and don't want to be a tattle, but he should be aware of the guy's behavior. Good conversation. I think he'll take care of it all.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 5:49 pm

boomer sooner wrote:
I honestly didn't know what to do, but I knew I had to somehow pin him down. I was more embarrassed than anything.

I emailed his coach and mentioned the situation. I was then called by their instructor immediately. Really nice guy. He said something like, "between you and me, I always feared he was the type that wanted to use his training outside of the gym." Something like he's a little too into all of it, but really doesn't have much ability or a future in the sport. I guess he's competed in a couple events and actually won, but was against scrubs. It was kind of funny hearing him talk about it. He said he will talk to him and get to the bottom of it all. I guess the guy has serious self-esteem issues and what-not, and really wants to be a part of the team, but the guys don't take him seriously.

I just told him I'm fine and don't want to be a tattle, but he should be aware of the guy's behavior. Good conversation. I think he'll take care of it all.

I bet the guys pukes or quits next time he is at the gym.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange experience last night...   Strange experience last night... Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange experience last night...
Page 1 of 1