Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Strange weather

Go down 
+5
killerofchicken
oggy420
acccardinal12
OU
LTFG
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Favorite Fighter(s) : Wolfy

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 7:41 pm

I remember the winter weather thread from a while back and it got me to thinking about this weekend's weather here. Last week we had a steady dose of mid to upper teens at night and 50-somethings during the day. Roughly a 40 degree swing which is pretty steep if you think about it. After a warmer Friday of about 60 on Saturday, that steep swing moved to ridiculous with a Friday night low of 18 and a Saturday high of 73. We get spring weather where it goes from sunny and 75 to 50 and a lightning/hail storm in a couple of hours, but I can't remember ever needing a North Face parka on to start my morning and switching to shorts, tank and sandals shortly after lunch. To top the frakiness off, yesterday cooled to the mid 50's again and rained with some hail mixed in after it clouded up. Cooled to about 20 last night and woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow just 36 hours after working on a tan?

Now I know we don't get the natural disaster shit around here, but as far as odd swings, that 55 degree swing was a first around here for this old guy.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Yeah it snowed here on Saturday pretty much all day, yesterday it got up to 70. Crazy shit.
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 9:03 pm

No joke... Snow all day? So a high of upper 30's to 40 one day and 70 the next? Damn, that's pretty wild as well...
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:55 am

That is tornado stuff fellas. LTFG take down the pics and batten down the hatches cause you are earthquake bound.....I can feel it! lol
Back to top Go down
LTFG
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
LTFG

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 pm

We don't get tornado's here... Well, the occasional F-½ that might take a garbage can to the neighbors house...lol. Quakes are a little more likely with the mountains and the fact that we are on a minor fault. A few of the mountains... Bachelor, Jefferson and Hood get little 3-4 tremors on occasion, so I wouldn't be shocked if we got a good jolt followed by some smoke and ash someday.

We're back on the warming trend it seems though... Just in time for me to take the family away for some fun for the rest of spring break. I'm sure we'll return to some nice snow, ice, sleet and wind though... That's just how this area works.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:23 pm

They are saying possible tornado in Oklahoma over the weekend. Right now it's 70 and humid, but very dark clouds rolling in with a cool breeze. Yeah not a good combo. I bet one pops up somewhere in Oklahoma over the weekend.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:25 pm

all the flowers are blooming early in nyc. Im seeing gnats and moths and flies. This is definitely not normal.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Yeah we had a very cold winter last year but this one has been extremely mild. It's crazy the difference between last year and this year. It's probably more what you guys would expect an Oklahoma winter to look like this year. I don't think we had any snow at all, that actually stuck.
Back to top Go down

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:28 pm

oggy420 wrote:
all the flowers are blooming early in nyc. Im seeing gnats and moths and flies. This is definitely not normal.

It's the governments fault !
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Ali wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Specifically, it's Obama.
Back to top Go down

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:37 pm

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:
oggy420 wrote:

Specifically, it's Obama.

Of course.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:41 pm

haha only if they are actually using HAARP to control the weather, but i have no proof of this.... yet!
Back to top Go down

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 pm

oggy420 wrote:
haha only if they are actually using HAARP to control the weather, but i have no proof of this.... yet!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:50 pm

I blame Dana White. All the hot air is effecting the ozone layer.
Back to top Go down

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

OU wrote:
I blame Dana White. All the hot air is effecting the ozone layer.

Badum tshhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 5:09 pm

We had one snow storm this year and it's all melted. Very weird year for sure
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:30 pm

Suppose to be on high alert for tornadoes tomorrow from North Texas to Nebraska. People are freaking out a little bit, suppose to be extra nasty tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 3:59 pm

Just drove through a snow storm, rare for where I was in Mid-April.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:08 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
Just drove through a snow storm, rare for where I was in Mid-April.
Yeah I don't remember getting advanced warnings like this. I guess the chances of tornado in the plains over the weekend are some kind of record? We just had a very short hail storm about 15 min ago.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

If you go to weather.com without any locations typed in there is a big picture of the plains with red everywhere.
Strange weather Map_specnews02_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:19 pm

I documented it.

Strange weather Imag0419

Last edited by GDPofDRC on Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 4:22 pm

Snow just seems extra crazy to me lol
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 5:06 pm

GDPofDRC wrote:
I documented it.

Strange weather Imag0419

damn dude! thats for realz 2
Back to top Go down
Cu Bu
Black Belt
Black Belt
Cu Bu

Favorite Fighter(s) : AXE MURDERER

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather EmptyFri Apr 13, 2012 6:58 pm

we got hit by tornados about 1 hr ago,
dont worry I am out face raping innocent young hipsters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strange weather Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strange weather   Strange weather Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange weather
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next