Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange Empty
PostSubject: Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange   Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 3:22 pm

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/10/28/1779959/strikeforce-roger-gracie-vs-mike-kyle-pushed-back-to-january

Quote :
Looks like these two light heavyweight combatants will have to wait until 2011 to get back into the cage.

Multiple time BJJ champion Roger Gracie and current King of the Cage champion Mike Kyle were scheduled to meet at Strikeforce: "Henderson vs Babalu" on Dec. 4 in St. Louis, Missouri, but apparently those plans have changed.

The two light heavyweight contenders will still meet, but not until Jan. 29.

Gracie weighs in on the postponement (via Graciemag):

"Now I'll need to bring down the load in training. I was close to peaking, and now this happens. According to them, the fight will still be against Kyle, but I don't know the reason for the postponement. What can you do? Christmas and New Year's are done for me. Great present."

So neither of them is injured but a month before their fight SF just moves it back almost 2 months? They may have good fighters but they embarrassing in the way they are run. Just embarrassing
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange   Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange EmptyThu Oct 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Fight was supposed to be 5 weeks away. Gracie was close to peaking?

And being as how we don't know the reason for the postponement is it not a tad early to say SF is an embarrassment?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange   Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 12:58 am

If they get a main card slot a month later. It's probably better for them and the fans than getting bumped to the undercard in December.

Hendo/Babalu
Smith/Daley
Bigfoot/Othereem
Lawler/Lindland

and of course, Walker vs. the highly active TBA

Did Kyle/Gracie have a chance? Even though that was actually the fight i was most looking forward to outside of Hendo/Babalu.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange   Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 am

I know about the main card deal but haven't all those matchups been set for a long time now? What were they waiting for?
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange   Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 1:14 am

SF never officially announced Gracie-Kyle.

I figured that fight was pending for that particular card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange   Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange Empty

Back to top Go down

Kyle/Gracie moved back to January...strange
Page 1 of 1