Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
captainanddew
WinstonSmith
Birdofthad
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? Empty
PostSubject: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:59 am

I use to be a big boxing fan but for the past 4 years I've watched hardly any boxing and much more MMA. So I thought i'd ask you guys with more boxing knowledge. How do you guys think Shane Carwin would go if he wanted to be a boxer?
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:43 am

not good his cardio doesnt seem to good

he could beat some bums tomato cans and hobo jims Im sure of that

but lets say vs a Klit, he would be easy pickings
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

Favorite Fighter(s) : Marvin Hagler,Ben Henderson,Rich Franklin,Clay Guida

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:53 am

A top ten HW would have a very easy time with him.Like Bird stated,his stamina is atrocious.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ricky Burns

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 6:56 am

He would struggle against any decent journeyman HW.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 11:53 am

He would get beat very bad by average HW boxers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:29 pm

He's a stationary target with atrocious footwork.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:36 pm

Agreed. That is why I said a decent journeyman HW would beat him down. He has no footwork, no stamina. His best chance would be to land a big shot in the first couple of rounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 9:37 pm

It's just a pity Tomasz Adamek doesn't have Shane's power and size.
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Ali_1748 wrote:

Hey Ali,

If my wife sees your avatar she'll want to have sex with me tonight.Thanks man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:

Hey Ali,

If my wife sees your avatar she'll want to have sex with me tonight.Thanks man!

You're welcome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:09 pm

I want to see Adamek vs haye. I don't believe he has a shot vs either Klit, but against Haye he would have a fighting chance (though I favor Haye because of his speed).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:16 pm

Haye vs Adamek would be a fight of the year contender, back and fourth action between a vulnerable athletic puncher and a rock solid Polish Highlander.

Pipe dream though Sad , Haye's more interested in milking his celebrity status rather than face a tough as nails Polock.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:29 pm

Haye, I'm sick of that SOB. He is a disgrace to my future homeland.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:35 pm

He's let me down big time with avoiding Wladimir.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 10:52 pm

It is just wrong how he has acted. If he had avoided Wlad or Vitali, I would have been disappointed but understood.
I'm also disappointed in his activity level at HW. He moves up and has had 3 fights since what, November 2008. That is downright pathetic. Wlad has had the same amount of fights during that time, but he has had trouble getting opponents into the ring (plus as the man he really doesn't need to have that many fights). Vitali has fought 5 times during that timeframe.

Wlad is 34 and has had close to 60 fights in his career. Vitali is 40-2 I believe and was a kickboxer beforehand. Why is it that Haye never fights?
29 years old and 25 fights. Will have been pro for 8 years come December and will have had 26 fights.

And I'm not that impressed with Haye's resume. Mormeck and Maccarinelli weren't the greatest cruiserweights to ever walk the earth. At the time Haye moved up, interesting cruiserweight fights with guys like Adamek and Cunningham would have been available in the near future.

I'm really starting to believe he is on the level of Mayweather Jr. (greatest matchmaker there is in boxing).
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 12:46 pm

He has an average of 3.12 fights a year since he turned pro.

Shane would beat a lot of bums with his power but his footwork, cardio and movement at 35 would be too hard to bring around. Being able to punch through guys defenses and still hurt em might come in handy early in fights but by round 4 or so he'd be dead and a sitting target.

Winston, if your wife sees that av shell want to have sex with the man in the av, but wil have to settle for you instead. To be fair.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm

Wolfgangsta wrote:
He has an average of 3.12 fights a year since he turned pro.

Shane would beat a lot of bums with his power but his footwork, cardio and movement at 35 would be too hard to bring around. Being able to punch through guys defenses and still hurt em might come in handy early in fights but by round 4 or so he'd be dead and a sitting target.

Winston, if your wife sees that av shell want to have sex with the man in the av, but wil have to settle for you instead. To be fair.

I don't stack up with Tom Selleck no matter how many adult beverages the lady might imbibe in.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:07 pm

If anyone measured up to Magnum PI then why in the blue hell would they get married in the first place??
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:15 pm

hahahaha I honestly dont think Carwin could even reach "contendor" status in boxing

would be fun to watch him brawl with David Tua for a round though
Back to top Go down
WinstonSmith
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
WinstonSmith

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:16 pm

captainanddew wrote:
If anyone measured up to Magnum PI then why in the blue hell would they get married in the first place??

Back in the day I bet Selleck got more ass than a toilet seat.
Back to top Go down
NJBeatdown86
Blue Belt
Blue Belt
NJBeatdown86

Favorite Fighter(s) : Highlander, Ricardo Romero,Roman Gonzalez, Pongsaklek Wonjongkam, Marco Huck, JMM, Frankie Edgar, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:29 am

He could get past the bums with his power, but other than that, he'd struggle based on footwork alone. Not to mention his juiced up muscles would leave him gassed after four rounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 am

WinstonSmith wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Back in the day I bet Selleck got more ass than a toilet seat.

Tom could still get alot of ass, he's aged well.
Back to top Go down
hardcoreBEE24
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Thomas Hearns

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:51 am

He'd get the shit kicked out of him. He'd also kick the shit out of most heavyweights if they fought him in the Octagon.
Back to top Go down
captainanddew
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:25 am

Carwin has some power, but I stand by my statement that some tough journeymen boxers would trouble him.

His power with boxing gloves on???? It is alot different when you are punching MMA style than when you have boxing gloves on.

A tough journeyman HW can take a shot. What happens when Carwin can't knock a guy out in the first 3 rounds? I think Carwin gets so gassed he'd be easy to take out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:27 am

Who'd win between Carwin and Kimbo Slice under the rules of Queensberry ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?   How would Shane Carwin go in boxing? Empty

Back to top Go down

How would Shane Carwin go in boxing?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next