Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:

Go down 
+6
ohiovol62
GDPofDRC
Andrew the Raider King
KingsOwn19
Wolfgangsta
LA
10 posters
AuthorMessage
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: Empty
PostSubject: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:38 am

I'm surprised a lot of you think it's still so in favor of Brock, Carwin is legit, he's just as powerful as Brock IMO, but shorter and slightly less thick in the upper body. It's not going to be as easy for Brock to get Carwin down as he did Mir. I just watched his finish of Mir again and it is viscious, he def has a chance to catch and finish Brock.
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:42 am

Of course he has a chance to win, but he is essentially just a poor mans Lesnar, slightly inferior in every way, apart from having some of the raw power KOs on his highlight reel. Brock is bigger, as fast or faster, as strong or stronger, longer arms, younger, better pedigree, better steroids, better everything.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:08 am

Well, i'll be rooting for Carwin...so i'll just say you are completely wrong LA and Shane Carwin has no chance whatsoever and i hope for the same results.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:12 am

I just agreed with Wolf again. However he is right except for one thing. Carwin has a stand-up game, not that Lesnar has not proven to have one, just not nearly as pronounced. I say this only because of the Herring fight though. That was one of the most brutal punches I have ever seen, that didn't knock the dude out, however, Herring hasn't fought since so you tell me...
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 3:30 am

I think Carwin is probably the better striker for what ever that is worth. Lesnar can obviously hit hard but he has not put many notable strikings displays together on his feet in his brief career unlike the way Carwin has been able to do to a lot of guys early. Carwin hits with the kind of power that could put anyone down, like Lesnar, but he has done it much better. After this fight, Carwin remains untested against good competition in the ground game though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
ohiovol62
Purple Belt
Purple Belt
ohiovol62

Favorite Fighter(s) : Sakuraba, Fedor, GSP, and Big Nog

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:12 am

Well he does have wins over two "names" but I still skeptical. Still think he's a white Grim. He does have wins over Gonzaga and now Mur but lets put these wins in perspective. Gonzaga is truly a "name" and is a midlevel guy if there ever was one. Now my biased evaluation of Mur; we didn't know who good he was before the Carwin fight and now I contend we don't know how bad he is now. Carwin has the KO power of any HW and I definitely think he has a better chance against Brock as I thought originally.
Back to top Go down
redvexx8
Green Belt
Green Belt
redvexx8

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:56 am

I agree with Wolf but we know Carwin could end it at any time with 1 strike. I could see Lesnar getting caught and finished then we have Fedor vs Carwin demands.
Back to top Go down
Skyab23
White Belt
White Belt
Skyab23

Favorite Fighter(s) : Fedor, GSP, Nog

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Carwin has a better standup than Brock and is a Division II wrestling champion. At the most, Carwin is a slight underdog against Brock...trying not to be a prisoner of the moment here, but if Randy Couture who is approaching 50 years of age, can pin Lesnar up against the cage, I have a hard time believing Carwin won't be able to do the same.

Carwin's Best Wins: Gonzaga, Mir
Lesnar's Best Wins: Couture, Mir
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 2:26 pm

Very true Sky, I could easily see Carwin pressing Brock against the cage and landed some shots similar to Mir. Man I'm excited for this fight now.

GDP: They may remain untested in the ground game, but you have toi get them there to test it, easier said then done, a less green Brock never steps into a kneebar against Mir, in a fight he was dominating.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:09 pm

judging by the post fight in the cage face off, if Carwin is 6'5" 265, then Brock is 7' and looked to weigh about 400 lbs. I could not believe how much bigger brock looked. It also appeared that Brock's ungloved hand was as big as Carwins with glove.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 4:11 pm

Yes Brock is huge, but they will be about as strong as eachother, this fight is the Hulk vs. the Juggernaut
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Yeah I've been saying it for months now that Carwin is nowhere near as big as Brock. But your right, LA, He is easily just as strong. Now we just have to see if Carwin can keep Brock off him long enough to do anything about it.
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:19 pm

Ludo, we had a sig bet right? but why did you take Mir when you picked Carwin in the GOR/Pick'ems? By the way plus for taking Carwin
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 5:20 pm

NM I'm out of +'s for today, hit u up manana
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:   Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin: Empty

Back to top Go down

Brock Lesnar vs. Shane Carwin:
Page 1 of 1