Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shane Carwin speaking out

Go down 
+4
Wolfgangsta
LA
oggy420
bobbitt15
8 posters
AuthorMessage
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

Shane Carwin speaking out Empty
PostSubject: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:28 pm

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/10/19/1761599/shane-carwin-tweets-and-another-worthy-great-honorable-company

Quote :
Shane Carwin tweets - "And another worthy, great, honorable company supporting fighters banned from the UFC. Thank you for making a tough road even tougher."

Between this and the total lack of promotion for his Brock fight, he's lucky he isn't Todd Duffee or his ass be out the door
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:32 pm

i doubt they cut carwin
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:36 pm

Carwin/Roy winner will be facing Mir for next shot would be my guess
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Carwin Lesnar 2 for a future title shot against the Cain JDS winner is my guess. If he gets past Big Country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:38 pm

LOL^
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:48 pm

oggy420 wrote:
i doubt they cut carwin

Obviously not, I'm just saying he's lucky he's already built his rep up. I'm sure Dana views him as a huge pain in the ass
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:51 pm

i guess. It's whatever though. Dudes a top heavyweight. I don't think they can afford to let him slip away anytime soon so Dana is gonna have to give a little and be a little less demanding of Shane.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 6:56 pm

What is the comment in relation to?

I'm not comprehending the meaning.

As far as Carwin being "lucky" that he is not cut, please, dude would have plenty of offers in no time. Dude made $40 k to fight Brock, he can go make a quick 100K fighting in Bellator, or go to an equally impressive stable of heavies in SF.
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Some brand that got banned I guess.

And I never said he's lucky that he's not cut, I said its a good thing he's already built a name for himself because if he was on Duffee-like status it wouldn't have been good for him
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:06 pm

Warrior Ware was dropped I think? THat's what I pick up from the comments. Don't really know though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:49 pm

From Sherdog:

Add another sponsor to the list of brands that UFC fighters may no longer display during events.

Sports drink company Good4U Drinks today announced via its Web site that Zuffa CEO Lorenzo Fertitta informed the brand in an email that they would no longer be welcome at UFC events. Good4U's American representative, Rick DeBanks, wrote this morning:

“Good4U Drinks is seen by Zuffa as a direct competitor to Xenergy (which is owned by Zuffa) and AMP Energy, which advertises heavily on both WEC events and Spike TV's “The Ultimate Fighter.” Although Good4U are sport drinks and not energy drinks, they have been taking share from these brands.”

DeBanks tempered the news with an explanation of the brand's approach to sponsorship.

“Our marketing strategy with respect to MMA has been to invest in athletes [across multiple] promotions [rather than with a single MMA promotion]. Let's face it; [the fighters] are the ones who go out and bleed for 15 minutes and make the sacrifices that most of us don't see.”

The ban will go into effect during Saturday's UFC 121. Fighters sponsored by the sports drink that will be affected include former middleweight title contender Patrick Cote, Matt Hammill, Chris Camozzi, and Jon Madsen. DeBanks went on to write:

“As much as any other sport, MMA fighters depend on sponsorship. This isn't a cliché; this is a fact. As this decision [to ban Good4U] has just come down today, it will be virtually impossible for [the aforementioned UFC 121 athletes] to find alternate sponsorship.”

The brand's most prominent fighter, Shane Carwin, this morning tweeted his displeasure with the ban: “Another worthy, great, honorable company supporting fighters banned from the UFC. Thank you for making the road even tougher.”

Carwin later also tweeted a more in-depth response regarding his sponsor's prohibition from UFC events, relaying that he was not “mad” at the UFC, as it was the organization's business decision to make, but that he was disappointed that he would no longer be allowed to wear his sponsor.

DeBanks is by no means declaring war on the UFC, however. This afternoon, the drink representative tweeted that the brand would be “fine,” and that if UFC president Dana White were to overturn the ban in time for UFC 121, Good4U would be “more than happy to donate” drinks for the event.

Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 7:52 pm

I like his twist on it. Sponsors help fighters, UFC attacks sponsors, UFC hurts fighters. To bad the 800 pound gorilla doesn't give a shit.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:09 am

They won't cut Carwin, he's the closest thing they've got to a white Tyson.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:12 am

Ali wrote:

What? Tyson who? 50 Tyson?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 11:13 am

OU wrote:
Ali wrote:

What? Tyson who? 50 Tyson?
Shane Carwin speaking out Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpR23xHhKdoiwpH4R41MhNErkb5CfUEXcUFHelNqhMnILrHNA&t=1&usg=__lYp7TSEdT1x48PXv-6xlwEx4_dM=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shane Carwin speaking out   Shane Carwin speaking out Empty

Back to top Go down

Shane Carwin speaking out
Page 1 of 1