Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event

Go down 
+6
KingsOwn19
acccardinal12
thessy11
Andrew the Raider King
Birdofthad
Farmer1906
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event Empty
PostSubject: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:07 am

1. Carwin has no cardio. He'll never be the best if he can't fight for 1 round let alone the full 25min.

2. Brock doesn't like to be hit. Well duh who does? (Forrest? Bonnar? Leben?) What I'm saying is Brock reminds me of someone like Cro Cop who just kind of folds when the pressure and big shots were being put on him.

3. Brock has a fucking chin. This one almost contradicts #2, but not quite. Carwin hits as hard as anyone. He landed a 'dos santos' like uppercut on Brock and Brock didn't go out. Then Brock was able to withstand a shit ton of GnP with his huge arms only blocking some of the shots.

4. Brock & Carwin are incomplete. They combined have a grand total of 19 fights. Brock has come leaps and bounds with hid ground game since being easily subbed by Mir, but still needs to develop his hands, footwork, and movement. Carwin needs to get in the gym and work on his cardio. I know he has big muscles that need air, but this is no excuse for gassing 3 min into the first round.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:08 am

agree on all counts sir
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:10 am

You'd have to be a moron to stand and bang with Carwin. Brock played it smart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:16 am

Good points Farmer.

Hard to see at 35 how Shane can improve his cardio that much, probably best if he just chooses his shots better when he has his opponent hurt.
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:19 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Good points Farmer.

Hard to see at 35 how Shane can improve his cardio that much, probably best if he just chooses his shots better when he has his opponent hurt.

Since he had PTSD after the fight and had to go to the hospital, I would say he might be done as a contender.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:24 am

Andrew the Raider King wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Good points Farmer.

Since he had PTSD after the fight and had to go to the hospital, I would say he might be done as a contender.

PTSD ??
Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:24 am

Post traumatic stress disorder. Shane was having fatigue and hyperventilating.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:25 am

whats PTSD????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:27 am

Post traumatic stress disorder. Shane was having fatigue and hyperventilating.

How does that mean he's done as a contender ?
Back to top Go down
thessy11
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:50 am

Ali_1748 wrote:
Good points Farmer.

PTSD from what? Surely not the fight, as it's medically impossible to diagnose PTSD so soon after an event. That's like saying someone has AIDS because you heard them cough, totally an asinine statement.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 2:56 am

thessy11 wrote:
Ali_1748 wrote:
Good points Farmer.

PTSD from what? Surely not the fight, as it's medically impossible to diagnose PTSD so soon after an event. That's like saying someone has AIDS because you heard them cough, totally an asinine statement.

I once heard a Doctor diagnose Wolf with that after he screwed a chimp in the rump. This was no ordinary chimp. This chimp wore black make up and had a german name. True story! monkey
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:44 am

OK, just finished watching the card. I missed the live showing because i ended up somewhere for a long time where fights were not being watched...and once again, my brother spoiled it for me.

First time Carwin has gone past the 3 minute mark i think...not really suprised he gassed.

You pretty much summed it up Farmer. Brock can take a punch and as many Carwin punches as he took says a lot because Carwin has got to be the hardest puncher at HW..that uppercut puts most motherfuckers to sleep and possibly on the prowl for a new career. Brock hit the deck alright, but he took the licking and came out ready to roll for round 2. I've seen fights stopped for less, but Brock was intelligently defending himself..only taking shots when he was looking to find a way up. Good no stoppage.

...but i'm not all amazed by his performance otherwise because Carwin was pretty much a sparring dummy in round 2 but to Brock's credit, Carwin didnt completely blow until the takedown was achieved then the weight and tight position Brock had took everything else out of him. The submission had a ribbon on it that said "To Brock" so i was not suprised or totally woah about that. I forgot who said that BJJ would probably end up playing a big role in the fight(i think it was wolf) but good call. +1

I was extremely impressed by Carwin but at 35..it takes cardio to build cardio. It won't be easy for him and don't really see a dramatic improvement happening there. I see him losing more fights that leave the first round in the future...but that's IF it leaves the first round.

Lesnar, i'm just really impressed by the resiliancy he showed. I thought if Carwin just landed one or two huge shots Brock's night would be over. Carwin landed a whole lot of them and Brock kept his composure and came out in the second round strong...he's going to be an insanely difficult kill but definetly did not come off as unbeatable or anything like that...but if what Carwin did could not finish him, it will be interesting to see what does but Brock will encounter more fuel efficient opposition in the future.

It was a wildy entertaining fight and admirable showings by both.

Rest of the card was very good. Sometimes you look at the relevancy of fights and ignore that the matchup itself makes for very entertaining stuff and all the fights delivered.

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:49 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
OK, just finished watching the card. I missed the live showing because i ended up somewhere for a long time where fights were not being watched...and once again, my brother spoiled it for me.

First time Carwin has gone past the 3 minute mark i think...not really suprised he gassed.

You pretty much summed it up Farmer. Brock can take a punch and as many Carwin punches as he took says a lot because Carwin has got to be the hardest puncher at HW..that uppercut puts most motherfuckers to sleep and possibly on the prowl for a new career. Brock hit the deck alright, but he took the licking and came out ready to roll for round 2. I've seen fights stopped for less, but Brock was intelligently defending himself..only taking shots when he was looking to find a way up. Good no stoppage.

...but i'm not all amazed by his performance otherwise because Carwin was pretty much a sparring dummy in round 2 but to Brock's credit, Carwin didnt completely blow until the takedown was achieved then the weight and tight position Brock had took everything else out of him. The submission had a ribbon on it that said "To Brock" so i was not suprised or totally woah about that. I forgot who said that BJJ would probably end up playing a big role in the fight(i think it was wolf) but good call. +1

I was extremely impressed by Carwin but at 35..it takes cardio to build cardio. It won't be easy for him and don't really see a dramatic improvement happening there. I see him losing more fights that leave the first round in the future...but that's if it leaves the first round.

Lesnar, i'm just really impressed by the resiliancy he showed. I thought if Carwin just landed one or two huge shots Brock's night would be over. Carwin landed a whole lot of them and Brock kept his composure and came out in the second round strong...he's going to be an insanely difficult kill but definetly did not come off as unbeatable or anything like that...but if what Carwin did could not finish him, it will be interesting to see what does but Brock will encounter more fuel efficient opposition in the future.

It was a wildy entertaining fight and admirable showings by both.

Okay how much did Wolf pay to save face? Serious
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:54 am

Question
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva, Jose Aldo

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:54 am

Fuck me Kings writing an essasy at this hour, jesus

I don't agree with everything there

Carwin may have no cardio, but he was going full tilt on fucking Brock Lesnar and trying to hold that beast down. He'd probably destroy ever other HW in the World besides Brock.

Yeah Brock does'nt like getting hit by a guy who hits harder than anyone else in the World, who would have thought???

Agree, might be one of the best chins in MMA, no one else can take shots from C-dog and survive like that.

Holes sure, but they are the 2 best HWs in "who beats who" in MMA, good luck with either guy.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:57 am

KingsOwn19 wrote:
Question

This is what Wolf would've said and still saved face is all. Well put, but still a few things I could've seen him saying. Messing with him for the most part. Wink
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 3:59 am

I learned that it takes the UFC forever to put up post fight press conferences
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:04 am

I watched some of it when it was live...all i remember was Dana saying Carwin was verryy fuckin fatigued and had to go to the hospital and that UFC was going to make an example out of James Toney...

Last edited by KingsOwn19 on Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:05 am

Yeah I saw some part about Toney live. I'm going to have a good laugh if that blows up in Dana's face
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

Favorite Fighter(s) : Conor McGregor, Machida, Jon Jones, Ronda Rousey

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:27 am

At 35 Carwin's cardio is what it is most likely. The problem most people don't get when they talk about separating the HW division right now, when it barely has 20 real contenders anyway to two new divisions, is that good to great cardio on these monsters is going to be rare. Lesnar has shown exceptional cardio for a man his size during his career, but he is an exception not the rule. And I question what his cardio would do against someone like Cain who will be significantly faster and sustainable for a long fight.

Great posts from farmer and kings.
Back to top Go down
http://www.listentothis.org/images/fedoriishi.gif
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 am

And LA

Carwin would possible kill Cain, and I like Cain
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:30 am

lol

"and LA" Stroke dem egos boiz.

Carwin kills Cain.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 am

what did TOney do?
Back to top Go down
LA
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
LA

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:32 am

I'm just fuckin wit u baby, though at least I agree with my points lol
Back to top Go down
Wolfgangsta
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
Wolfgangsta

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 4:34 am

Well the plus side is we'll be rid of LA for a few hours tomorrow when he's puking his natty ice filled guts out all day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event   What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event Empty

Back to top Go down

What we (err I?) learned from the Main Event
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next