Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did you score the main event?

Go down 
+9
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
oggy420
captain organic
bobbitt15
timthebim
Farmer1906
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

How did you score the main event? Empty
PostSubject: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:37 am

I gave Hendo the first 3 including 1 10-8 (can't remember which round). Then Shogun won the last 2 including round 5 with a 10-8.

47-46 Hendo.

Agree? Disagree?
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:39 am

I agree but I didnt have any 10-8s just scored the 1st 3 for Hendo and last 2 for shogun. I thought the judges got it right on.
Back to top Go down
Farmer1906
Gold Belt
Gold Belt
Farmer1906

Favorite Fighter(s) : Griffin, Franklin, Hendo, Sonnen, Wand, Lawler, Belfort, Pettis, Aldo, Mousasi

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:50 am

I only ask because some MMA site said it should have been a draw.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 am

Yeah i was just reading that Dana said it should have been a draw also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 10:02 am

I had it-

1. Hendo 10-9
2. Hendo 10-9
3. Hendo 10-9
4. Rua 10-9
5. Rua 10-8

Overall 47-47
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 12:34 pm

I had it a draw at best for Hendo. I watched after and would have to watch the first 3 rounds again to make sure that I scored them all for Dan but Shogun won the last 2 and the 5th was a 10-8 without question
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:10 pm

I like Farmer's scoring.

Im not in the boat of saying rnd 5 was a without question 10-8. Pretty fair to say the least damage was dished out in that rnd, than any of the previous 4. Yeah he had control, yeah he had dominant position, but look at the 3rd rnd if u want to see true damage done. Maybe I need to rewatch but I thought the 4th was shogun's best rnd.

But if u are going to give Shogun a 10-8 in the 5th, u have to give Hendo a 10-8 in the 3rd.

Couple guys where we were at thought Shogun won, but I thought it was a pretty clear 3-2 Hendo.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:24 pm

i think Hendo won. He clearly won the 1st 3 rounds. Im not down with giving Shogun a 10-8 round either. Yea he got a bunch of dominant positions but didn't really threaten to finish.
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 pm

How can you give shogun a 10-8 for getting mount a couple times but not doing anything with it but not give Hendo a 10-8 in round 3? Hendo did significantly more damage in that round than Shougun did in the 5th.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Yeah i didnt think Shogun should have gotten a 10-8 round for round 5 either.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 1:52 pm

I had it 47-47. rounds 1-3 for Hendo, rounds 4 and 5 for Rua with round 5 being 10-8.

From the rules:
A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a fighter overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

The 10-8 is warranted in the 5th round because of the dominant grappling and striking. He had him controlled from 30 seconds into the 5th round till time expired. Hendo did absolutley nothing the entire round.

Round 3 was close in the striking and Rua had the sub attempt, not a good one but it was there, Rua also had a takedown in that round. The damage was what gave Hendo the round but it wasn't enough to make it 10-8.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:10 pm

3 was a much more lopsided rnd. WAY more damage inflicted. If I were ref, I prob would have stopped it.

One gassed fighter controlling an even more gassed fighter, without significant damage should not warrant a bigger scoring differential then a rnd in which a fighter gets pounded on.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:18 pm

Significant damage has nothing to do with being dominated grappling, which is in the scoring criteria. Rua did enough in the 3rd round so it wasn't a 10-8 round.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
I had it 47-47. rounds 1-3 for Hendo, rounds 4 and 5 for Rua with round 5 being 10-8.

From the rules:
A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a fighter overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

The 10-8 is warranted in the 5th round because of the dominant grappling and striking. He had him controlled from 30 seconds into the 5th round till time expired. Hendo did absolutley nothing the entire round.

Round 3 was close in the striking and Rua had the sub attempt, not a good one but it was there, Rua also had a takedown in that round. The damage was what gave Hendo the round but it wasn't enough to make it 10-8.

I had the same score as you. Hendo didn't give a 9 point round in the fifth compared to the 10 points Shogun gave in that round.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:22 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Significant damage has nothing to do with being dominated grappling, which is in the scoring criteria. Rua did enough in the 3rd round so it wasn't a 10-8 round.

Subjective. IMO if the 5th is a 10-8, then the 3rd also is a 10-8.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:35 pm

captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

All scoring is.

You have to take each round seperately. You cannot compare round 3 and round 5 or round 4 and round 1. You have to look at each round like it's a seperate fight, because scoring wise it is.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

All scoring is.

You have to take each round seperately. You cannot compare round 3 and round 5 or round 4 and round 1. You have to look at each round like it's a seperate fight, because scoring wise it is.

And there needs to be consistency of scoring from one rnd to the next. And rnd 3 was a more dominant rnd then rnd 5. I don't see how one can argue against that. And thus one cannot score the 5th with a wider margin.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 2:53 pm

Each round must be scored by itself as if no other round existed.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:00 pm

I didnt think round 5 was a 10-8 because hendo was never in danger of being finished at all. Shogun was exhausted and did alot of laying and trying to catch his breath in the 5th round and hendo was gassed so much he couldnt even attempt to get off his back. I agree with Capt. tough for me to call that a 10-8 round.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:07 pm

This isn't my post but it pretty much sums it up to me.

Just rewatched the fight...this is how it went donw...
from the start minute up till minute 1 shogun conected 1 good head kick, one good kick to the mid section, one good punch back up against the cage, hendo conected about 3 good hands, was pretty even at that moment...

second minute of the round... clinch and hendo gets a take down, but shogun stands up inmediately, shogun conects one jab and hendo another, then shogun connects one one right hand, a 1 2 combo and a nice upercut (not much damage was done though), minute 2:20, hendo conects a horrible leg kick wich takes away shoguns attention and then a huge right hand wich sends shogun to de canvas, wich leads to a cruel GnP from Hendo for 34 secs, hendo landed like 20 blows, and most of them were pretty powerful ones, lefting around 2:20 secs on the clock shogun sweeps from half guard and works a heel hook (he controls the action for about 20 to 30 secs)... now theres 2 minutes left on the clock and shogun and hendo are clinching agasint the fence (shogun pressing hendo)...they clinch for 1 minute, shogun goes for a TD and eats 4 elbows to the temple (hard ones) he gets the TD, gets half mount and conects like 4 or 5 left hands, hendo gets back up, shogun is still pressing him agaisnt the cage and on his side (rogan says "hes got his back") with 20 secs left, shogun conects a good elbow and a breef exchange... then the round goes away...

that is not a 10-8...
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:08 pm

timthebim wrote:
I didnt think round 5 was a 10-8 because hendo was never in danger of being finished at all. Shogun was exhausted and did alot of laying and trying to catch his breath in the 5th round and hendo was gassed so much he couldnt even attempt to get off his back. I agree with Capt. tough for me to call that a 10-8 round.

Was Hendo dominated in the grappling aspect in the 5th round?
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:12 pm

the right decision was made. Hendo won the fight. the end.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:14 pm

oggy420 wrote:
the right decision was made. Hendo won the fight. the end.

lmao
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:17 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:

from the start minute up till minute 1 shogun conected 1 good head kick, one good kick to the mid section, one good punch back up against the cage, hendo conected about 3 good hands, was pretty even at that moment...

second minute of the round... clinch and hendo gets a take down, but shogun stands up inmediately, shogun conects one jab and hendo another, then shogun connects one one right hand, a 1 2 combo and a nice upercut (not much damage was done though), minute 2:20, hendo conects a horrible leg kick wich takes away shoguns attention and then a huge right hand wich sends shogun to de canvas, wich leads to a cruel GnP from Hendo for 34 secs, hendo landed like 20 blows, and most of them were pretty powerful ones, lefting around 2:20 secs on the clock shogun sweeps from half guard and works a heel hook (he controls the action for about 20 to 30 secs)... now theres 2 minutes left on the clock and shogun and hendo are clinching agasint the fence (shogun pressing hendo)...they clinch for 1 minute, shogun goes for a TD and eats 4 elbows to the temple (hard ones) he gets the TD, gets half mount and conects like 4 or 5 left hands, hendo gets back up, shogun is still pressing him agaisnt the cage and on his side (rogan says "hes got his back") with 20 secs left, shogun conects a good elbow and a breef exchange... then the round goes away...

that is not a 10-8...

It was imo. Again if Im ref, im prob jumping in there, I can't remember a fight in which a fighter was in that much trouble without the ref jumping in. Rua was ruined. And he continued to be ruined even as he pushed hendo against the fence. And those elbows from Hendo(and I believe there were 2 sequences of them) were brutal and very reminiscent of the elbows Feijao used to finish Mo.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:19 pm

captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:

that is not a 10-8...

It was imo. Again if Im ref, im prob jumping in there, I can't remember a fight in which a fighter was in that much trouble without the ref jumping in. Rua was ruined. And he continued to be ruined even as he pushed hendo against the fence. And those elbows from Hendo(and I believe there were 2 sequences of them) were brutal and very reminiscent of the elbows Feijao used to finish Mo.

captain organic wrote:

Subjective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you score the main event?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next