Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How did you score the main event?

Go down 
+9
KingsOwn19
Andrew the Raider King
GDPofDRC
Primetyme199
oggy420
captain organic
bobbitt15
timthebim
Farmer1906
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

How did you score the main event? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 pm

That's why i don't have a problem with the outcome. I thought it should be a draw but I no big issue with it going to Hendo. Hell I picked Hendo to win this fight, I never expected it to go all 5.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:21 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
Each round must be scored by itself as if no other round existed.

And consistency needs to be upheld.

And whats the difference between comparing rnds to each other, or comparing each individual against a guideline? Im only taking out the middle man.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

Favorite Fighter(s) : BJ PENN, JOSH KOSCHECK, SPIDER

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:24 pm

captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
This isn't my post but it pretty much sums it up to me.

Just rewatched the fight...this is how it went donw...
from the start minute up till minute 1 shogun conected 1 good head kick, one good kick to the mid section, one good punch back up against the cage, hendo conected about 3 good hands, was pretty even at that moment...

second minute of the round... clinch and hendo gets a take down, but shogun stands up inmediately, shogun conects one jab and hendo another, then shogun connects one one right hand, a 1 2 combo and a nice upercut (not much damage was done though), minute 2:20, hendo conects a horrible leg kick wich takes away shoguns attention and then a huge right hand wich sends shogun to de canvas, wich leads to a cruel GnP from Hendo for 34 secs, hendo landed like 20 blows, and most of them were pretty powerful ones, lefting around 2:20 secs on the clock shogun sweeps from half guard and works a heel hook (he controls the action for about 20 to 30 secs)... now theres 2 minutes left on the clock and shogun and hendo are clinching agasint the fence (shogun pressing hendo)...they clinch for 1 minute, shogun goes for a TD and eats 4 elbows to the temple (hard ones) he gets the TD, gets half mount and conects like 4 or 5 left hands, hendo gets back up, shogun is still pressing him agaisnt the cage and on his side (rogan says "hes got his back") with 20 secs left, shogun conects a good elbow and a breef exchange... then the round goes away...

that is not a 10-8...

It was imo. Again if Im ref, im prob jumping in there, I can't remember a fight in which a fighter was in that much trouble without the ref jumping in. Rua was ruined. And he continued to be ruined even as he pushed hendo against the fence. And those elbows from Hendo(and I believe there were 2 sequences of them) were brutal and very reminiscent of the elbows Feijao used to finish Mo.

"cough" Brock vs Carwin. Just saying lol.

Back to top Go down
Andrew the Raider King
Red Belt
Red Belt
Andrew the Raider King

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael, Sexyama, Condit, Hendricks, Cowboy, Struve

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Farmer1906 wrote:
I gave Hendo the first 3 including 1 10-8 (can't remember which round). Then Shogun won the last 2 including round 5 with a 10-8.

47-46 Hendo.

Agree? Disagree?

Me too Brah.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:29 pm

captain organic wrote:
Primetyme199 wrote:
Each round must be scored by itself as if no other round existed.

And consistency needs to be upheld.

And whats the difference between comparing rnds to each other, or comparing each individual against a guideline? Im only taking out the middle man.

I agree 100% that consistency needs to happen.

You can't compare rounds because your not allowed to as a judge.

One of the problems with consistency is different states use different rules, some of them minor some are bigger differences. They may say they are following the unified rules but the state rules are still followed.
Back to top Go down
KingsOwn19
Administrator
Administrator
KingsOwn19

Favorite Fighter(s) : Lyoto Machida, BJ Penn, Anderson Silva,Dan Henderson, Emelianenko Fedor, Josh Barnett

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:30 pm

10-9 Hendo
10-9 Hendo
10-9 Hendo
10-9 Shogun
10-8 Shogun

47-47 Draw

I didnt give Hendo any 10-8 rounds, though i'll re-vist the round where he pummeled Shogun, but if i remember correctly, Shogun ended that round landing some punches of his own and Shogun had his moments through the first 3 rounds but Hendo just did much more. Didnt score any of the first three 10-8, but i guess that depends on what one's interpretation of what a 10-8 should be. I score em when one guy is on the offensive the entire round while the other does absolutely nothing. You could give 10-8 rounds based rocking somebody, knocking them down, doing incredible amounts of damage but thats not how i do it..but don't really have a problem with that.
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Either way I dont think any of us would mind seeing a rematch.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:33 pm

timthebim wrote:

Hell yeah, let them heal and go at it again.

Was there any word after the fight on Hendo's hand? He was shaking it at times during the fight. Was just wondering if it's broken.
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:36 pm

no updates on injuries yet
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 20, 2011 3:42 pm

Yeah i havent heard. The way Shoguns face looked though he probably will need 6 months to heal up.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:59 pm

From the unified rules: 3. A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a contestant overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

http://elitemmareferees.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=63

Based on that criteria there is no way to ignore Shogun passing to mount 5 times, and outlanding Dan 10 to 1 in round 5. He may not have been close to a finish but he totally neutralized Hendo while effectively outstriking and outgrappling and being more aggressive and controlling where the fight took place for the entirety of the round.

I rewatched the fight and can't see a clear 10-8 for Hendo in the third round. He drops Shogun, has him hurt pretty bad but before they even get off the ground Shogun threatens with a submission, and the fight was even until Hendo dropped him, as well as afterward. Through the first 1:40 the fight is pretty evenly contested on the feet, with Hendo getting a trip that he never gets a chance to follow up on and some clinch work. Shogun gets dropped and 2:17 in Dan isn't postured up anymore and Shogun goes for the sweep then the heel hook. at 2:41 they stand up for a clinch against the cage. They clinch and Shogun goes for a takedown for a while before getting it at 4:07 into the round. Henderson gets up at 4:13 with Shogun on his back, they end the round off a broken clinch and some strikes by Rua.

Given the fact that Henderson couldn't get off the cage for almost half the round I can't give him a 10-8, but he did win the round based on better strikes, and more significant strikes. I'm having a hard time justifying a 10-8 round in which if you took that 37 second portion of the round away completely it may very well have been a 10-9 for the other guy.

Last edited by Ludo on Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
timthebim wrote:

Hell yeah, let them heal and go at it again.

Was there any word after the fight on Hendo's hand? He was shaking it at times during the fight. Was just wondering if it's broken.
PT how did you score the fight?
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Primetyme199 wrote:
I had it 47-47. rounds 1-3 for Hendo, rounds 4 and 5 for Rua with round 5 being 10-8.

From the rules:
A round is to be scored as a 10-8 Round when a fighter overwhelmingly dominates by striking or grappling in a round.

The 10-8 is warranted in the 5th round because of the dominant grappling and striking. He had him controlled from 30 seconds into the 5th round till time expired. Hendo did absolutley nothing the entire round.

Round 3 was close in the striking and Rua had the sub attempt, not a good one but it was there, Rua also had a takedown in that round. The damage was what gave Hendo the round but it wasn't enough to make it 10-8.
there it is lol
Back to top Go down
cheekynffc
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : froch, hatton, benn, duran, hagler, ponce de leon

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm

just seen it this evening.

i called it a draw, i had to satisfy myself i wasn't scoring the last round 10-8 because henderson was 2 rounds up but i think 10-8 would've been the right call.
Back to top Go down
Primetyme199
Brown Belt
Brown Belt
Primetyme199

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Dan Henderson: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact for a possible right thumb fracture, suspended days with 60 days no contact for a "hard bout," needs MRI/CT scan for clearance.

Mauricio Rua: suspended 180 days with 180 days no contact for a possible facial and skull fracture, suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for a "hard bout," and suspended 60 days with 60 days no contact for eyebrow laceration
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:37 pm

In-depth report: http://blog.fightmetric.com/2011/11/henderson-vs-shogun-official-ufc.html

Summary

How did you score the main event? - Page 2 Hendov10

Round three, Shogun was in danger, but it was still a good competitive round. Round five was not competitive.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 8:38 pm

If you didn't score the 5th 10-8, I don't respect you as a human being
Back to top Go down
timthebim
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
timthebim

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 22, 2011 9:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:
If you didn't score the 5th 10-8, I don't respect you as a human being

Sorry Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 12:25 pm

I respect you as a Homosapien, BUT I DON'T APPROVE OF YO CONDUCT!!!
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:06 pm

If rnd 5 is a 10-8, it is the ugliest, and least impressive 10-8 of all time.

Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:28 pm

captain organic wrote:

Passing to mount 5 times and outlanding your opponent 10 to 1, albeit on the ground may be ugly but it's warranted. Landing 8 strikes while your opponent lands 79 and passes into full mount on your once a minute in a single round means you got absolutely dominated.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 5:56 pm

Ludo wrote:
captain organic wrote:

Passing to mount 5 times and outlanding your opponent 10 to 1, albeit on the ground may be ugly but it's warranted. Landing 8 strikes while your opponent lands 79 and passes into full mount on your once a minute in a single round means you got absolutely dominated.

I stand by my statement. Landing 79 strikes on a COMPLETELY gassed opponent, and the dude still makes it to the end of the rnd? tells u all u need to know about how damaging those strikes were.
Back to top Go down
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:02 pm

I could watch that fight a million times and never give Dan 9 points for his fifth round. Shogun won the round and got 10. He won it in complete domination as opposed to what Dan produced, I don't see how anyone can justify he gave a 9 point effort for those five minutes.
Back to top Go down
captain organic
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
captain organic

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:28 pm

The 5th rnd was lousy, 2 completely gassed fighters, and in an all time great fight, I am not giving the worst rnd of the fight, BY FAR, the most weight. I don't care how many ineffectual punches Rua landed.

Imo the rnd in which a guy gets rocked and is a finger nail away from being finished is a more dominant rnd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did you score the main event?   How did you score the main event? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How did you score the main event?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next