Ninja's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[ A forum dedicated to hardcore combat sports fans. ]

Home PageHome Page  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The ultimate movie discussion thread

Go down 
+22
4445Frank
Canvas
franklinfan2
captain organic
Andrew the Raider King
Wolfgangsta
Thomasdrrn09
GDPofDRC
LA
boomer sooner
Ludo
NoRegret
LTFG
killerofchicken
OU
gomez1012
bobbitt15
oggy420
acccardinal12
KingsOwn19
josh200612
Birdofthad
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
GDPofDRC
Administrator
Administrator
GDPofDRC

Favorite Fighter(s) : Shogun, Fedor, Wand, Saku, Hendo, BJ, Bas, Cain, Mike Vallely

The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 am

killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Predators was pretty cool.
my brother said it was horrible, and i actually wanted to go see it

But what did you think?

I thought the action was good without being over the top.

All of the references to the original Predator were really cool too. The movie delivered exactly what it was supposed too, violent jungle hunting mayhem.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/v/skCV2L0c6K0
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:49 am

Youth in Revolt - decent comedy, has its moments throughout

The Crazies - really enjoyed it, nice horror flick. Timothy Olyphant good actor, like his work
Back to top Go down
killerofchicken
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt
killerofchicken

Favorite Fighter(s) : Mauricio Shogun Rua, BJ Penn, AXE MURDERER,Fedor, CroCop, Vitor Belfort, JDS

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:53 am

GDPofDRC wrote:
killerofchicken wrote:
GDPofDRC wrote:
Predators was pretty cool.
my brother said it was horrible, and i actually wanted to go see it

But what did you think?

I thought the action was good without being over the top.

All of the references to the original Predator were really cool too. The movie delivered exactly what it was supposed too, violent jungle hunting mayhem.
still havent seen it, probably will this week though
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:56 am

gomez1012 wrote:
Youth in Revolt - decent comedy, has its moments throughout

The Crazies - really enjoyed it, nice horror flick. Timothy Olyphant good actor, like his work

I just watched that yesterday, wasn't too bad. It did have it's moments. A bit of a chick flick though. Still not bad.
Back to top Go down
gomez1012
Black Belt
Black Belt
gomez1012

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 12:05 pm

good description of it OU

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 3:51 pm

Birdofthad wrote:
whats it about Ali?

A young Arab man is sent to a French prison where he becomes a mafia kingpin.

I was surprised at how good it was, it's maybe on the little long side but definitely worth checking out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 11:44 pm

Just watched The Road, good lord that was one bleak movie, wasn't bad just very dark.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:35 am

sounds good Ali I will check it out just watched "My Fellow Americans" for the first time in a long time its funny, ever seen it Ali?

watching Lethal Weapon 2 know speaking of Mel haha
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Cung Le, BJ Penn, Mayhem, Chael Sonnen, Anthony Pettis

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:41 am

Watched Brothers Grim with the kids earlier and it was pretty good imo. I am gonna watch The Pianist and go to bed. Never have seen it and I heard it was a great true story.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Ken shamrock, Frank Shamrock, Guy Mezger, Pete Williams, you get it Lions Den

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:49 am

Polanski lover hahaha j/k

it really is a good movie
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 12:58 am

Watched most of a movie called Irreversable and it was nuts! A scene at the beginning of the movie makes the "bite the curb" scene from American History X look G rated. WARNING it starts out and this dude is looking for a gay pimp in a gay club where guys are baging left and right. Wolf will dig that part no doubt. The movie is fucked up and it got boring and I knew how the outcome would be.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 1:08 am

you wstill need to watch MALLrATS
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

Favorite Fighter(s) : Diaz Bros, Wandy, Ace, Hendo, JDS, Lima Bros,Uncle Creepy, long live Iceman

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:11 am

I rented "Shes Out of My League" but haven't watched it yet.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:18 am

let me know if its any good Ive been on the fence about renting it OU
Back to top Go down
Ludo
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt
Ludo

Favorite Fighter(s) : The Prodigy, The Great, Viking Dahmer, The Phenom

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 10:25 am

Shes out of my league is hard to get into. It just starts off so slow and uneventful really. It's funny asnd all but hard to immerse yourself into.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:13 pm

Birdofthad wrote:

Watched it and it was funny.
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:15 pm

bigbeastcardinal12 wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

I watched Malrats and Clerks. for the first time about a month ago. I saw Clerks 2 a couple years ago. All very different movies but all good IMO.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 4:26 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

I watched Malrats and Clerks. for the first time about a month ago. I saw Clerks 2 a couple years ago. All very different movies but all good IMO.

Totally off the topic but your sig made think about it. I was in the play Oklahoma when I was in the fifth grade. It was a high school play and I was one of the kid extra's. I can still remember all the words to Oklahoma. lol
Back to top Go down
OU
Administrator
Administrator
OU

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 5:22 pm

OUSOONERSOU wrote:
Birdofthad wrote:

Totally off the topic but your sig made think about it. I was in the play Oklahoma when I was in the fifth grade. It was a high school play and I was one of the kid extra's. I can still remember all the words to Oklahoma. lol
lol funny shit, I can't remember 10 words from that song.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:00 pm

Oklahoma where the wind comes rushing down the plains!!

ya sadly me to beast hahah
Back to top Go down
bobbitt15
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

Favorite Fighter(s) : Chael Sonnen, Michael Chandler, Jorge Masvidal, Carlos Condit

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:15 pm

Watched most of a movie called Irreversable and it was nuts! A scene at the beginning of the movie makes the "bite the curb" scene from American History X look G rated. WARNING it starts out and this dude is looking for a gay pimp in a gay club where guys are baging left and right. Wolf will dig that part no doubt. The movie is fucked up and it got boring and I knew how the outcome would be.

Irreversible was hilarious
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:17 pm

just saw the green zone with matt damon. I thought it was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
acccardinal12
Gold Belt
Gold Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:13 pm

bobbitt15 wrote:

Irreversible was hilarious

Only the fight in the gay club was hilarious. The movie will leave you with a sick feeling of more revenge imo.
Back to top Go down
Birdofthad
Platinum Belt
Platinum Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:34 pm

I liked Green Zone alot Oggy
Back to top Go down
oggy420
Bronze Belt
Bronze Belt

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 8:39 pm

yea i enjoyed it, was it a true story? Seems like it could have been...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The ultimate movie discussion thread   The ultimate movie discussion thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

The ultimate movie discussion thread
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next